Car and Bike Talk Discussions and comparisons of cars and motorcycles of all makes and models.

Bought a new car!

Old 09-21-2006, 08:32 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Chris, you read my mind about what I'd love to do with the Probe, but its problems are just too much. It doesn't even pull as hard as it should. My cousin has a Mazda MX-6 with the same engine as my Probe. He pulled a few cars and it definitely wasn't because he's a better driver. His was an auto and mine was a 5 Speed.
Old 09-21-2006, 08:51 AM

Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Bboy AJ,Sep 21 2006, 12:32 PM
Chris, you read my mind about what I'd love to do with the Probe, but its problems are just too much. It doesn't even pull as hard as it should. My cousin has a Mazda MX-6 with the same engine as my Probe. He pulled a few cars and it definitely wasn't because he's a better driver. His was an auto and mine was a 5 Speed.
Is it unrusted? As long as it's a solid shell, KEEP IT. You can replace engine parts, suspension parts, body parts, etc etc etc, but right now you have a FREE solid platform for a track car sitting in your driveway. Even if you just put a few bucks into it a month, it will be a lot easier starting this way, fixing up a car you KNOW, than it would be to buy something and start fresh.
Old 09-21-2006, 09:09 AM

I just picked up my evo two days ago. I have my first track day next thursday. Overall, I'm very impressed. If the subie is anything like the evo it should be a fun car.
Oh and Stack...it's silver...and it's beautiful!!
Old 09-22-2006, 05:18 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Those TRs are fun as hell, I took one out and was giggleing like a schoolgirl 1 minute into the test drive. They definitely do need some spings though, they ride high.
Old 09-22-2006, 06:13 AM

Check this out Probe lovers. I got a 93 white Probe Gt with 25,000 original miles and looks as new as my "S"! 5 speed with aftermarket sunroof and special ordered so I could avoid the power windows which were a problem on that model.
I was thinking of taking it to some car shows to see what kind of interest it generates .
I hear you on the Subie! I gots my heart set on an STI myself!
Old 09-22-2006, 07:29 AM

Originally Posted by Silverstreak HX,Sep 22 2006, 02:13 PM
Check this out Probe lovers. I got a 93 white Probe Gt with 25,000 original miles and looks as new as my "S"! 5 speed with aftermarket sunroof and special ordered so I could avoid the power windows which were a problem on that model.
I was thinking of taking it to some car shows to see what kind of interest it generates .
I hear you on the Subie! I gots my heart set on an STI myself!
Post some pics of the Probe. And, if you're ever looking to unload it, shoot me a PM. I'm in NC and I like white too.
Old 09-22-2006, 08:16 AM

I was going to say that you might be heartbroken buying a car that is getting an overhaul, but if you nabbed it at a good price, ups to you.
Old 09-22-2006, 05:33 PM

An overhaul? How so? It just had an interior change last year, a 2.5L motor was new in 06, and so was a front face change.

About the mint Probe, post pictures!
Old 09-22-2006, 06:21 PM

Originally Posted by Bboy AJ,Sep 22 2006, 06:33 PM
About the mint Probe, post pictures!
I would post you some pics but I think I am computer handicapped because I do not know how to do that and do not have digital camera!
Old 09-23-2006, 06:15 PM

The first new car I bought on my own was the 93 Probe GT, I ordered the car with no power options but a sunroof in late 92 after reading a review in Automobile magazine. I loved that car and drove it a little over a year before trading it in on my first Honda, 95 Civic Ex coupe.

That probe had a wonderful motor and great suspension geometry on the front that had very little torque steer, it was a really revolutionary car back in 92 when it came out. I wanted to buy the Mazda version of it just because it wasn't the ford but I actually thought the Probe was a better looking car.

That was the first car that actually got attention, I was just starting to go out to bars and clubs and being 20 when I bought it new and was one of the first people in the state to get the GT I got allot of tail in that car, memories.

Quick Reply: Bought a new car!