Car and Bike Talk Discussions and comparisons of cars and motorcycles of all makes and models.

Bought a new car

Old 01-17-2015, 02:27 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Bought a new car

So for those of you that might have followed my last few threads, I'd been looking at replacing my STi. I considered getting a new daily and a used S2000 on the side but in the end I just wasn't sure that 2 cars was really something I wanted to deal with especially as one would have had to live on the street.

In the end I opted to get a new Audi S4 as it's not too much of a change from the STI but offers more power and refinement all while getting significantly better mileage. I look forward to getting it and will post up some pics when I do.

My only hope is that I will not overly miss the usefulness of a hatch, I've never been much of a sedan guy but there's a first time for everything I suppose. Damn Audi for not selling the avant in the US, I really think they'd sell more of them than they think.

What finally sealed my decision was the fact that there are less and less manual gearbox offerings out there and I wanted the opportunity to own a true sports sedan once in my life before they cease to be offered in manual at all. There are rumors out there that the next gen S4 (B9) may be auto only so this may be the last sporty Audi offered with a 6spd and I decided i wanted me some of that.

This trend in the industry is really very disappointing to me as there were other cars I would have considered had a manual been offered, most notably the 550 which I've always been a fan of.
Old 01-17-2015, 06:58 PM
Community Organizer

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Great choice of car, remember to post pics when you get it!
Old 01-18-2015, 05:24 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am on the fence to pick up a new s4. Would be my first Audi.
Old 01-18-2015, 06:37 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member (Premium)

Received 45 Likes on 43 Posts

pics when you pick itup!
Old 01-18-2015, 12:00 PM

Originally Posted by Greyman09
I am on the fence to pick up a new s4. Would be my first Audi.
Will let you know how I feel about it after owning it for a little while.
Old 01-19-2015, 04:25 PM

Latest update is that my car will be here on Friday. Starting to get excited!

Soon the question will become "to mod or not to mod"...

This makes it rather tempting: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2KfMY96v_Gc
Old 01-20-2015, 06:57 AM
Site Moderator
Super Moderator

Received 2,867 Likes on 2,079 Posts

Originally Posted by Shift_S2K
Latest update is that my car will be here on Friday. Starting to get excited!

Soon the question will become "to mod or not to mod"...

This makes it rather tempting: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2KfMY96v_Gc
I highly recommend it, it's a completely different car with a tune, and a hell of a lot more fun. I wouldn't have bought my S4 if it didn't come as a Stasis edition, regular S4 is too tame IMO.
Old 01-21-2015, 10:20 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I dont trust german cars. Things start to fall apart and break after 50k miles. I see tons of BMW's for sale all with under 50k miles. People know when to ditch them.
Old 01-21-2015, 11:45 AM

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by czirrfb
I dont trust german cars. Things start to fall apart and break after 50k miles. I see tons of BMW's for sale all with under 50k miles. People know when to ditch them.
I bet you would find luxury cars from all origins are sold after relatively few years/miles. That's just the lifecycle of those cars. BMW actually promotes these low mileage leases in an attempt to get a second sale out of their cars on the Certified Preowned side. This is also the reason a lot of luxury cars include free maintenance.
Old 01-21-2015, 01:21 PM

Originally Posted by czirrfb
I don't think I've ever owned a car for 50000 miles so hopefully I'll be all good. If I was a long term owner I agree with you though and don't think I'd be buying an Audi.

Quick Reply: Bought a new car