Car and Bike Talk Discussions and comparisons of cars and motorcycles of all makes and models.

BMW X6 Concept***UPDATED****

Old 09-11-2007, 03:05 PM

Received 215 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by SkiLLeDS2000,Sep 11 2007, 05:39 PM
LMAO, BMW is slowly killing themselves. It reminds me of when Nissan made nothing but ugly, ugly looking products. I agree with another poster, BMW died in 05'. Have they looked at the competion latley, the new CTS's interior is leaps and bounds nicer than a 3 series. That X6 is going to be SOOOO ugly in person there going to make people run away. How much are they going to charge? 65k? I guess there targeting the R class? I dunno, my 1st love growing up, BMW, is losing touch of what they were.
Remember, BMW is selling more "ugly" cars than it did before its design went all Banglevision. If anything, I think BMW lost its focus, but maybe the executives are taking the company in a new direction.
Old 09-11-2007, 03:22 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Saki GT,Sep 11 2007, 03:05 PM
Remember, BMW is selling more "ugly" cars than it did before its design went all Banglevision. If anything, I think BMW lost its focus, but maybe the executives are taking the company in a new direction.
For a car company that has lost its focus it sure has a lot of competitors jumping out from every corner. Every damn commercial seems to be beating up on them. It does seem that they are trying to create a bunch of market niches. I mean you have:

BMW 1 series, its going to be slightly smaller than a Civic but packing some serious power. Audi, and Merc are definitely going to respond.

BMW X6, The most coupish SUV to date. Audi, and Merc will respond.

BMW F3, its suppose to suceed where that Merc. R class failed. Not sure who is going to respond.

BMW Z1, a smaller version of the next gen Z4. Audi and Merc will respond.

It seems that they are in the direction creating a bunch of new market niches. Do I agree with all of them. Definitely not. Especially the last two on the list. I will admit though, in the past and the present I have fell in love with the way they sound and drive. As long as this X6 dosent drive like a Tahoe and the rest of these cars have class leading or near class leading dynamics I'm sure they will do alright. And that roundel on the hood dosent hurt either.

Old 09-11-2007, 03:27 PM

Received 215 Likes on 148 Posts

Yeah, BMW is everywhere now - more competitors.
Old 09-11-2007, 05:15 PM

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Onehots2k,Sep 11 2007, 06:22 PM
For a car company that has lost its focus it sure has a lot of competitors jumping out from every corner. Every damn commercial seems to be beating up on them. It does seem that they are trying to create a bunch of market niches. I mean you have:

BMW 1 series, its going to be slightly smaller than a Civic but packing some serious power. Audi, and Merc are definitely going to respond.

BMW X6, The most coupish SUV to date. Audi, and Merc will respond.

BMW F3, its suppose to suceed where that Merc. R class failed. Not sure who is going to respond.

BMW Z1, a smaller version of the next gen Z4. Audi and Merc will respond.

It seems that they are in the direction creating a bunch of new market niches. Do I agree with all of them. Definitely not. Especially the last two on the list. I will admit though, in the past and the present I have fell in love with the way they sound and drive. As long as this X6 dosent drive like a Tahoe and the rest of these cars have class leading or near class leading dynamics I'm sure they will do alright. And that roundel on the hood dosent hurt either.
Onehot, I agree about the 1 series, I'm very exicited about taking that car for a test drive. But the BMW cool aid that you drink is really funny and closeminded. I can imagine your room, filled with posters of every generation M3 and M5 ever created. When I was your age, early 20's and the E46 M3 came out I was in love. Now 7 years later I've seen BMW get uglier and fatter. The new Car and Driver said it best about the new M3, as well as other car mags, it's not the M3 you grew up loving, it's become a more quieter, more refined, more boring to drive. I love the old BMW, a drivers car. I hope and pray the 1 series can live up to the old BMW I loved. Also, you autoX's a X5/3, LMAO. Ya know what, instead of me taking my C6 to an Autox, I'll take my trailblazer, come man, get serious. BMW makes the X3/5/6 for one purpose, to make money, Porsche does the same with the Cayanne. Now, where did the BMW trademark signature come from? Just curious.....
Old 09-11-2007, 05:17 PM
Former Moderator

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Like it except for the back:

Too tall.

Is that a hatchback? I hope so, otherwise ZERO functionality.
Old 09-11-2007, 05:20 PM

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts

[QUOTE]Is that a hatchback?
Old 09-11-2007, 05:31 PM

Originally Posted by SkiLLeDS2000,Sep 11 2007, 05:15 PM
Onehot, I agree about the 1 series, I'm very exicited about taking that car for a test drive. Bout the BMW cool aid that you drink is really funny. I can imagine your room, filled with posters of every generation M3 and M5 ever created. Now, where did the BMW trademark signature come from? Just curious.....
Haha, oh I'm not drinking any cool aid. My statements come from my first hand experience with these cars. I'm well aware of their major flaws but the experience I get fortunately drowns them out for the most part. I did their driving event a few months back. I got to troll around in the 360hp X5 by myself for about 35min. And then drove one through the cones until the tires squealed. One of the Andretti brothers was their too so it was interesting. I spanked the shit outta that truck. It handled very well for an SUV. I'm expecting this to drive a little better. They had the Lexus GS460 there and it was incredible scary to drive at the limit. Nice interior though. You could call me a fanboy. I take that as a compliment...
Old 09-11-2007, 05:42 PM

I wouldn't kick that SUV out of bed.
Old 09-11-2007, 07:43 PM

For BMW's next trick we would like to jump a tank of water with... a SHARK in it!
Old 09-11-2007, 07:55 PM

[QUOTE=bjohnston,Sep 11 2007, 05:32 AM]Hahahahahahahaha.

Quick Reply: BMW X6 Concept***UPDATED****