Car and Bike Talk Discussions and comparisons of cars and motorcycles of all makes and models.

BMW M2

Old 04-12-2016, 08:43 AM

Received 427 Likes on 238 Posts

Originally Posted by CosmosMpower
You think interior styling, build quality and materials of a Camaro SS is even close to the same league as a M3? Performance wise sure the Camaro is impressive for the price but I don't know about you but 99% of the time I'm not driving my cars balls out. I'm in the same camp where I wouldn't buy a Camaro SS if it was 15K new, it's ugly and has no class at all.
Class? Who gives a crap. Apparently some people obviously and appearance is in the eye of the beholder. I drive cars I like and couldn't give two craps what people think. I'd rather be a millionaire driving a Camaro than a $40k/yr wannabe baller driving a BMW. Class (or lack thereof) cuts both ways.

You should at least test drive a 2SS '16 Camaro before talking more crap about it. The interior is dramatically better than it used to be and it has all the chassis, brakes, engine, transmission, and hardware to be a legitimate sports car. It will take a while to lose the muscle car/no sophisticated stigma, but the car delivers now for sure. I've NEVER been a Camaro fan until this past weekend when I drove the '16 Camaro SS. It's the total package now with a few minor shortcomings. I'm not the only one that thinks that way. Read all the articles on it. Motor Trend Car of the Year, C&D, R&T, all have glowing reviews.

Again, I don't expect you to like it, but I wouldn't be so quick to dimiss it because of it's history of a cheapo muscle car. Times can and have changed.
Old 04-12-2016, 10:18 AM

Received 21 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by QUIKAG
Originally Posted by CosmosMpower' timestamp='1460475064' post='23935720
You think interior styling, build quality and materials of a Camaro SS is even close to the same league as a M3? Performance wise sure the Camaro is impressive for the price but I don't know about you but 99% of the time I'm not driving my cars balls out. I'm in the same camp where I wouldn't buy a Camaro SS if it was 15K new, it's ugly and has no class at all.
Class? Who gives a crap. Apparently some people obviously and appearance is in the eye of the beholder. I drive cars I like and couldn't give two craps what people think. I'd rather be a millionaire driving a Camaro than a $40k/yr wannabe baller driving a BMW. Class (or lack thereof) cuts both ways.

You should at least test drive a 2SS '16 Camaro before talking more crap about it. The interior is dramatically better than it used to be and it has all the chassis, brakes, engine, transmission, and hardware to be a legitimate sports car. It will take a while to lose the muscle car/no sophisticated stigma, but the car delivers now for sure. I've NEVER been a Camaro fan until this past weekend when I drove the '16 Camaro SS. It's the total package now with a few minor shortcomings. I'm not the only one that thinks that way. Read all the articles on it. Motor Trend Car of the Year, C&D, R&T, all have glowing reviews.

Again, I don't expect you to like it, but I wouldn't be so quick to dimiss it because of it's history of a cheapo muscle car. Times can and have changed.
I doubt there are many millionaires driving Camaros but there are plenty driving BMW's not that it matters. I don't know any 40K/year people driving a $1,300 dollar M4 either. The Camaro looks like it fits in at an Arkansas family reunion where people park on the lawn and the BMW could roll up to a black tie party and not look out of place. Performance wise they are similar but not many people will seriously cross shop a M4/C63AMG with a Camaro SS in reality. It may have a nicer interior than before, good motor, newer chassis but it's still fugly and unrefined.

The interior looks like a panel of 3rd graders came up with the design. The nav integration is awful and looks like one of those bullet proof cases you put an ipad in for a child to use. The seats are garish and look cheap, steering wheel is an odd shape, the HVAC vents placement is strange and the look is over the top like it's from star trek. It's come a long way just like the Corvette interior has but it's still not top notch which is strange because the ATS-V interior is pretty good. Bottom line, if the car was as good as a BMW/AMG in every way GM would be able to charge 75K for it but they can't. It's based on a car whose base trim is used for enterprise rental cars. It's why the ATS-V not the Camaro SS is the real main competitor to the M3/M4.

Old 04-12-2016, 10:26 AM

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Hopefully that crooked driver seat issue brought up in the MT review was just a fluke.
Old 04-12-2016, 10:42 AM

Received 53 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by Vboy127
Hopefully that crooked driver seat issue brought up in the MT review was just a fluke.
It definitely isn't a fluke. You can see it in the image right above your post.
Old 04-12-2016, 10:48 AM

Originally Posted by King Tut
Originally Posted by Vboy127' timestamp='1460485587' post='23936019
That's a M3 interior.
Old 04-12-2016, 10:50 AM

Received 234 Likes on 165 Posts

Go look at a Camaro in person - it looks and feels a lot better than that bad picture. You chose a BMW photo from a studio shot and compared it to a Camaro one that was poorly done.

There's no disputing the BMW one looks better (in my opinion) but the Camaro looks and feels a lot better than you'd expect. It's nearly as good as the Vette, which is a perfectly decent interior and easily comparable (in my opinion) to the BMW ones. The BMW ones are minimalist, which works in many ways, but they're not built amazingly well or anything.

After all, the M3/4 is based off the 3/4-Series, which starts at $33K. That's...(wait for it)... a whopping ( ) $3K more than the Camaro 2LT base model with leather.
Old 04-12-2016, 11:01 AM

Received 53 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by King Tut' timestamp='1460486575' post='23936033
[quote name='Vboy127' timestamp='1460485587' post='23936019']
That's a M3 interior.
[/quote]

They probably do it in the M3 too. I know my seat isn't perfectly centered in my BMW E30 either, haha.
Old 04-12-2016, 12:11 PM

Originally Posted by JonBoy
Go look at a Camaro in person - it looks and feels a lot better than that bad picture. You chose a BMW photo from a studio shot and compared it to a Camaro one that was poorly done.

There's no disputing the BMW one looks better (in my opinion) but the Camaro looks and feels a lot better than you'd expect. It's nearly as good as the Vette, which is a perfectly decent interior and easily comparable (in my opinion) to the BMW ones. The BMW ones are minimalist, which works in many ways, but they're not built amazingly well or anything.

After all, the M3/4 is based off the 3/4-Series, which starts at $33K. That's...(wait for it)... a whopping ( ) $3K more than the Camaro 2LT base model with leather.
M3 is not a trim like 2LT or 2SS. It's a different model car. And the Camaro starts at 25.7 nevermind all the discounts they will give you when they beg you to take one.
Old 04-12-2016, 12:12 PM

Originally Posted by King Tut
Originally Posted by CosmosMpower' timestamp='1460486908' post='23936039
[quote name='King Tut' timestamp='1460486575' post='23936033']
[quote name='Vboy127' timestamp='1460485587' post='23936019']
That's a M3 interior.
[/quote]

They probably do it in the M3 too. I know my seat isn't perfectly centered in my BMW E30 either, haha.
[/quote]

It's straight as far as I can tell in my 2016 M3. I've driven a M235i and I would have never noticed the seat at all.
Old 04-12-2016, 12:16 PM

Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by JonBoy' timestamp='1460487012' post='23936042

M3 is not a trim like 2LT or 2SS.
Hardly. M3:335i/328i/320i::Camaro 2SS:Camaro 1LT

Quick Reply: BMW M2