Car and Bike Talk Discussions and comparisons of cars and motorcycles of all makes and models.

BMW M2

Old 04-11-2016, 01:31 PM

Received 67 Likes on 48 Posts

Im a huge fan of the current F80 M3. The M2 looks solid though!!

Old 04-11-2016, 01:41 PM

Received 21 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by hirev
My understanding is that all the m2 cars are spoken for this year before they were built! I have just ordered a m3 and hope to get it within 90 days, will post a report on it then.
Not true, there are still open allocations that will be available throughout the year. There are even a few HEA launch cars that are available right now.
Old 04-11-2016, 04:35 PM

Received 113 Likes on 74 Posts

Originally Posted by CosmosMpower
Originally Posted by hirev' timestamp='1460408117' post='23934920
My understanding is that all the m2 cars are spoken for this year before they were built! I have just ordered a m3 and hope to get it within 90 days, will post a report on it then.
Not true, there are still open allocations that will be available throughout the year. There are even a few HEA launch cars that are available right now.
this. dealers are idiots and keep saying this is a limited car. It is a regular production car with at least a 3 MY run.
Old 04-11-2016, 06:44 PM

Received 170 Likes on 125 Posts

Last bmw I got excited about was over a decade old. They're just a marketing machine now.

Recent head-to-head m4 vs camero had the GM winning in all regards.
Old 04-11-2016, 07:15 PM

Received 67 Likes on 48 Posts

Except visibility.
Old 04-12-2016, 05:50 AM
Member (Premium)

Received 438 Likes on 308 Posts

Originally Posted by blueprint
Except visibility.

Do you mean that you can't see out of the Camaro, or the fact that when it is visible it is tough on the eyes?
Old 04-12-2016, 05:51 AM

Received 21 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by blueprint
Except visibility.
And the fact you're driving a crappy GM product Performance isn't everything.
Old 04-12-2016, 06:17 AM

Received 234 Likes on 165 Posts

That's the response of someone driving a car that has no performance advantage, costs $30K more and looks marginally better....and will probably be less reliable, too. But it looks better!
Old 04-12-2016, 06:22 AM

Received 427 Likes on 238 Posts

Originally Posted by CosmosMpower
Originally Posted by blueprint' timestamp='1460430921' post='23935251
Except visibility.
You really think BMW has a huge build quality/reliability/quality advantage over the latest generation GM products? I guess that's what you have your hat to hang on when the BMW M4 got pounded by a freaking 2016 Camaro SS in the latest Motor Trend review. At $40k less too. haha.

As I mentioned in the Camaro thread, I drove an 8-speed Camaro SS this weekend and it's the real deal. It's a sports car now trapped in a muscle car body. Besides visibility issues (not as bad as I expected) and a clunky big pair of doors, the car is really, really nice overall. It's drives like an ATS-V with a 455hp small block LT1 V8 for $47k loaded out with magnetic suspension, dual mode exhaust, 2SS package (all the interior goodies), sunroof, and 8-speed clicky smooth fast shifts up and down. I loved it.
Old 04-12-2016, 07:08 AM
Member (Premium)

Received 438 Likes on 308 Posts

Originally Posted by QUIKAG
Originally Posted by CosmosMpower' timestamp='1460469105' post='23935582
[quote name='blueprint' timestamp='1460430921' post='23935251']
Except visibility.
At $40k less too. haha.

[/quote]

Well let's be honest hear, they sell them for so much less because they have to. If people desired them more, they would command a higher price, and GM would love to charge it if they could get it.

I am all for a good deal, but the M3 commands more because people desire it more. Based on how the Camaro looks both inside and out, I would not buy one at $20k. Or $10k. It just does not even move the needle for me. I won't buy an M3 either because they are overpriced, but I can see myself at least driving one.

And MOST of the price difference comes because of BMW's famous "kill you with options" pricing and the GM product comes with more standard. For someone like me, I don't give a crap about half of the technology options or carbon ceramic brakes. That makes the cars much closer in price.

I have a passing interest in the Miata, Cayman/Boxster, Mustang GT, 4c, M2, Golf R, and maybe another car or two depending on how I want to configure my personal vehicles. Under no scenario would I even consider a Camaro because (and this is personal taste) the Camaro is a boat, and a cartoonish ugly duckling. I would drive an ATS with a bunch of different powertrains that could be basically the same platform simply because it is tasteful in my eyes. The Camaro screams unkempt chest hair, cheap gold chains. Same with a Hellcat. It looks like a Guido-mobile and I can't get away form that fact no matter how good they make it.

And nowdays, these performance cars are getting so fast I don't care about a tenth of a second here or a fraction of a G there. I want fun, I want a decent interior, and I want to like the styling. Let's face it, MOST people are attracted to the car they buy because of the styling. There are plenty of really great perfoming cars, you are behind the eightball if you make one with love it or HATE it styling. The reason the Mustang kinds of interests me is it has the most compact dimensions and pleasing style to my eyes. The Camaro can't even though it is supposed to be a really good car.

Quick Reply: BMW M2