Car and Bike Talk Discussions and comparisons of cars and motorcycles of all makes and models.

Bike for a beginner

Old 05-24-2004, 01:38 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

exactly whatis MSF class? and where would i go to take one of these... i 2 am 18 and i wanted to buy a beginner bike that wasnt 2 powerful just got me initiated into riding street bikes ... i live in Anne Arundel Maryland just south of annapolis if anyone knows of any classes or anything near here thanks..
Old 05-24-2004, 03:04 PM

http://www.mva.state.md.us/MVAProg/MOTO/default.htm

I took the MSF course at the DMV in Annapolis MD. There are probably booked until the late summer. However often people will sign up and not show up. So, look for the next scheduled class and just show up, you'll get wait listed. If there is an opening (and there always is) you're in.

The class is Friday night and All day Saturday and Sunday. If you pass the written and riding tests you'll get a certificate t that you take to the MVA to get your license.
Old 05-24-2004, 04:21 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Euclid
Take the MSF class,
Old 05-29-2004, 02:19 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

[QUOTE]Originally posted by funcar
Old 05-29-2004, 04:22 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

[QUOTE]Originally posted by under-rated
Old 05-29-2004, 05:31 PM

If you can find one try to get a Triumph Daytona 955i....I got one as my first bike and its incredbly well balanced and was tame enough to learn to ride on, yet powerful enough that im not bored now that my riding skills have gotten much better. Plus the fact that it has some soul to it.
Old 05-29-2004, 09:11 PM

be careful when you get your first bike. my friend started riding about 2 months ago and he started on a brand new sv650s. last week he crashed his bike turning right and right now is walking with crutches. he didnt break anything but his back is very scraped up.

he would have scrapped his right arm to the bone and broken his neck if he did not have the gear he was wearing. his bike along with all of his brand new gear is totaled but he is alive. be careful! that was also the 2nd time that week. he was hit by a person running a red light the day before. that was a hit and run and he was not hurt.

two accidents in one week but the second one could have been deadly.
Old 05-29-2004, 10:52 PM
Gold Member (Premium)

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally posted by strongazn1285
be careful when you get your first bike. my friend started riding about 2 months ago and he started on a brand new sv650s. last week he crashed his bike turning right and right now is walking with crutches. he didnt break anything but his back is very scraped up.

he would have scrapped his right arm to the bone and broken his neck if he did not have the gear he was wearing. his bike along with all of his brand new gear is totaled but he is alive. be careful! that was also the 2nd time that week. he was hit by a person running a red light the day before. that was a hit and run and he was not hurt.

two accidents in one week but the second one could have been deadly.
are you serious !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 05-29-2004, 11:59 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Chris S
Old 05-30-2004, 12:01 AM

Maybe I should have just generalized and said (Full) akropovic header and pipe...

Quick Reply: Bike for a beginner