Car and Bike Talk Discussions and comparisons of cars and motorcycles of all makes and models.

which bike

Old 09-15-2009, 01:24 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default which bike

hey!
i have 04 s2k turbocharged.. love the car
but i always wanted a bike,
i only have 1,800 left on loan, so i wanted to get a bike
im only 18 be 19 in 3 weeks so insurance might be kind of high,
so wat is your guys opinion on cbr 600rr, gs6r and r6 from people that own them or hve ridden them
thanks
really apppreciate it
Old 09-15-2009, 02:55 PM

your age... and never rode one. I suggest you should start something small. Get a 250 ninja. It's a great bike. Very forgiving and you won't find yourself flying off the road.

Even though I started with 250 ninja... I moved up to 08 cbr600rr. And I tell ya it's a whole different beasts. Glad I started and learned from a smaller bike
Old 09-15-2009, 02:58 PM

Also i suggest taking a motorcycle class... not only you'll learn and get your license but you'll get a discount on insurance
Old 09-15-2009, 03:16 PM

awesome thanks for the info guys..
i have ridden dirtbikes all my life,
ive raced on a ktm 250sx-f for 4 years so i know how to ride a bike.
i already have the bike permit but no liscenes
Old 09-15-2009, 03:17 PM

how much will you save on insurance u think with taking the class?
thanks
Old 09-15-2009, 03:45 PM

oh ok... thought you never rode one lol. Just checking... Well it depends on the insurance. but pretty good discount. As for which bike... well before I got my cbr I actually wanted gsxr 750 (aka squid bikes.) Lots of newbies jump to these bikes and barely have any clues how to ride and control themselves. But other than that the gsxrs are great balanced bikes and comfortable. I believe they're also the lowest bike out there.

2nd would be the cbr. great mid range power bike. it's light and very agile. Which to mention has Electronic Steering Damper. Also cbr is a comfortable ride (i rode mine for 7hrs from LA to SF) has slight raised handle bars so you do not put too much pressure on your hands. CBR will make you look like an experience rider even though you're not lol... The bike will just give you confidence... When you know you want to take that turn quick it's not going to give you 2nd thoughts it'll just GO.. lol

3rd will be ZX6R I rode my friend's 07 zx6r ... I gotta say it feels like that bike wants to kill me. Since I got use to taking fast turns with the cbr, the zx6r wants me to take it slow at some times. It just feels like i'll fall off. Not to mention it's a bit higher than the cbr and gsxr. But aside from that it's a great bike. I had fun with it... It's pretty fast too..

4th... R6. Ohhh boy... when i rode this baby my back would not stop aching. Not to mention its the same as the zx6r when taking a turn. Although the bike feels great when revving at high rpm. I'm 5'5 and riding this ... well this is just too damn high for me. I could barely tip toe. And WOW it's heavy. My body worked over time riding this thing... And the handling? Forget about it! In any street bike reviews the R6 always falls down to the last. I guess these bikes shines more in the tracks too. Their engines are made to be revved high!

5th... well I never rode this one. Just rode next to it. Triumph Daytona 675. It sounded good! And looks REALLY good... but never rode one lol

Different bikes have different stuff... all depends what you want to do with it. I see more people stunting their r6 and zx6r. And people tracking/canyon runs with their cbr and gxsr. not to mention zx6r, gsxr, r6 has very nice consoles compare to cbr... CBR is more straight forward no fancy crap. No RPM light/blinker lol. And of course depends what looks you like...

and no matter how good your bike or your riding skill is... GET your self GOOD GEARS!! Do not go cheap on gears... do not go cheap on your own life.
Old 09-15-2009, 03:59 PM

Originally Posted by nick04s2k,Sep 15 2009, 01:24 PM
hey!
i have 04 s2k turbocharged.. love the car
but i always wanted a bike,
i only have 1,800 left on loan, so i wanted to get a bike
im only 18 be 19 in 3 weeks so insurance might be kind of high,
so wat is your guys opinion on cbr 600rr, gs6r and r6 from people that own them or hve ridden them
thanks
really apppreciate it
New rider? There's a thread at the top of this page. Suggest you start there. Good luck and be safe. Motorcycling is a great sport, but it is very unforgiving.
Old 09-15-2009, 04:00 PM

Originally Posted by Sogno,Sep 15 2009, 03:59 PM
New rider? There's a thread at the top of this page. Suggest you start there. Good luck and be safe. Motorcycling is a great sport, but it is very unforgiving.
according to him hes been riding dirts... and raced ktm 250cc
Old 09-15-2009, 04:40 PM

Thanks s2krev I appreciate the input...
I've always liked the cbr looks and desigb of gsx6r
Now I need 2 decide if buy used or new lol
Old 09-17-2009, 07:47 AM

I like to buy things new... 2nd hands, people can lie and tell you it's never damaged or what not. My sister's roommate bought a used bike @ CL... few months later the engine blew. So always be careful buying used unless it's from a dealer...

Quick Reply: which bike