Car and Bike Talk Discussions and comparisons of cars and motorcycles of all makes and models.

Bentley Continental GT

Old 08-05-2013, 09:49 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was in a Bible study with a man who has owned his 2004 CGT since 2004. At the time (about 1 year ago) he had 74k on the clock and he said he hasn't had 1 issue. We live in Madison, WI and the closest authorized dealer (as far as he and I know) is in Chicago, so he has all of the work (maintenance) done there. He said that the service is incredible and they pick his car up for oil changes and tow it down to the shop while bringing him a CGT as a temp vehicle every time. Before the CGT he owned a 2003 S55 AMG (the supercharged one) and he said that there is literally no comparison between the two. He loves his Bentley and he said that even if he couldn't afford one, he would still try to own it for as long as he could. He also said that this is the longest he has ever owned a car and he would not be replacing it until it was absolutely necessary (he did state that the new one with the V8 may be what makes it necessary).

I had a chance to sit in it, but I didn't drive it. It is a serious car though from the driver's seat.
Old 08-05-2013, 10:10 AM

Received 121 Likes on 96 Posts

Originally Posted by stauren1203
I was in a Bible study with a man who has owned his 2004 CGT since 2004. At the time (about 1 year ago) he had 74k on the clock and he said he hasn't had 1 issue. We live in Madison, WI and the closest authorized dealer (as far as he and I know) is in Chicago, so he has all of the work (maintenance) done there. He said that the service is incredible and they pick his car up for oil changes and tow it down to the shop while bringing him a CGT as a temp vehicle every time. Before the CGT he owned a 2003 S55 AMG (the supercharged one) and he said that there is literally no comparison between the two. He loves his Bentley and he said that even if he couldn't afford one, he would still try to own it for as long as he could. He also said that this is the longest he has ever owned a car and he would not be replacing it until it was absolutely necessary (he did state that the new one with the V8 may be what makes it necessary).

I had a chance to sit in it, but I didn't drive it. It is a serious car though from the driver's seat.
The V8 makes a lot more since. I never bought into the W12, sounds like hooky idea and not necessary. It took VW for ever to make it work. Good to hear at least one positive owner experience. A guy at my gym has a green one, but I am never there when he is. For me, I guess it doesn't really matter until I am ready to purchase something, but we all know the research is half the fun.
Old 08-05-2013, 10:16 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

For sure. I He said that the W12 makes stupid torque at almost idle speeds and he is afraid of losing that with the V8.