Car and Bike Talk Discussions and comparisons of cars and motorcycles of all makes and models.

Beautiful 911

Old 02-01-2009, 10:29 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

HOLY $@#%!!!
Old 02-02-2009, 05:59 AM

Is it still reasonably streetable? Cars like this really are neither fish nor fowl. It's not a real race car and a used Formula Continental would have no issue getting lower lap times on a circuit while delivering a level of control precession no road legal car could hope to deliver (it helps that a Continental started life as a real race car). At the same time it appear that this car is modified to the point where as a road car it would be compromised.

Don't get me wrong, I'm all for modified cars but I think there is a point where it has gone too far. This car appears to be in that too far group.
Old 02-02-2009, 06:10 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by rockville,Feb 2 2009, 09:59 AM
Is it still reasonably streetable? Cars like this really are neither fish nor fowl. It's not a real race car and a used Formula Continental would have no issue getting lower lap times on a circuit while delivering a level of control precession no road legal car could hope to deliver (it helps that a Continental started life as a real race car). At the same time it appear that this car is modified to the point where as a road car it would be compromised.

Don't get me wrong, I'm all for modified cars but I think there is a point where it has gone too far. This car appears to be in that too far group.
Yes, this car is still streetable. I haven't talked to the guy in years but he used to bring it out to meets and cruise around town in it every week.
Old 02-02-2009, 06:15 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think rockville meant comfortable and practical for everyday street use, not just able to make it to car shows under it's own power. I've discovered over the years that too many mods often takes much of the joy out of street driving a car for more mundane takes.

Race seats, harnesses, and lack of luggage space are pretty convincing arguments that it's not likely a very livable street car. Very cool ride nonetheless!
Old 02-02-2009, 06:46 AM

Yes, by streetable I'm talking about Chris S's definition.
Old 02-02-2009, 07:38 AM

WOW!
Old 02-02-2009, 09:52 AM

That looks great!!
Old 02-02-2009, 10:45 AM

Originally Posted by Chris S,Feb 2 2009, 09:15 AM
I think rockville meant comfortable and practical for everyday street use, not just able to make it to car shows under it's own power. I've discovered over the years that too many mods often takes much of the joy out of street driving a car for more mundane takes.

Race seats, harnesses, and lack of luggage space are pretty convincing arguments that it's not likely a very livable street car. Very cool ride nonetheless!
Can't speak for the guy but I've seen the car many times and can say that most of the mods are for weight loss and not really for handling or maximal power boost (although TT was added)... Roads in Houston are shite, so hard suspension is a severe punishment down there. It may have the Bilstein coilovers which lots and lots of people get for 993's.

It's not exactly a poseur sled but at the same time it is not set up for DE/SCCA. Most of the mods were chosen for how they look and how much they weigh.
Old 02-03-2009, 07:51 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Chris S,Feb 2 2009, 10:15 AM

Ah! Well I'm sure it probably wasn't "streetable" then
Old 02-03-2009, 08:16 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

sick!

Quick Reply: Beautiful 911