Car and Bike Talk Discussions and comparisons of cars and motorcycles of all makes and models.

Beat this burn out!

Old 06-05-2002, 08:29 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What do you do in a car when you are stopped on a side of a hill either going up OR going down?

Do you put the normal brakes or parking brake on when you want to stop on a side of a hill?

If you were going up after stopping, would you rev a little just to get an extra boost of power?
Old 06-05-2002, 08:32 AM
Banned

What do you do in a car when you are stopped on a side of a hill either going up OR going down?

Do you put the normal brakes or parking brake on when you want to stop on a side of a hill?

If you were going up after stopping, would you rev a little just to get an extra boost of power?
Old 06-05-2002, 09:13 AM

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Why people are constantly amazed with smoking tires is beyond me.
Old 06-05-2002, 09:23 AM

Agreed. It's funny, in the same way as "anvil ringing" (precision launching of anvils with explosives). Stupid, childish, and funny as heck when it's someone else's car.

>>What about another method such as: putting the car in neutral, stepping on throttle, then putting car in drive???

Huh? Are you serious? ...
Old 06-05-2002, 02:03 PM

Originally posted by DR. JEKYLL
In auto cars, people sometimes do it by stepping on brake, then throttle, then releasing brake.

What about another method such as: putting the car in neutral, stepping on throttle, then putting car in drive???
Way back when I was an idiot, I mean a kid, I did exactly this in my first car, an automatic '95 Civic. Did it 10 times before the tranny completely busted.
Old 06-05-2002, 02:49 PM

HI!... A buddy of mine just sent me a e-mail stating you guys were discussing my 52 second burnout vid.

1ST off, this burnout was done because the tires on my truck were already worn out. 3 years old. I decided to have some fun with them before changing them. Actually the 4 new tires and rims were sitting in the bed of the truck at the time of the burnout vid.

O.k, about the burnout : This was done in a new industrial park area. The concrete road was only a couple of weeks old and was very rough. There was NO water, or bleach used in this burnout video. The rear tires had 26PSI in them. The tranny is a very worked "RACE" prepped WORLDWIDE TRANSMISSIONS 4R70-W. Tires were GOODYEAR EAGLE GTII's that measure 275-60-R17's (30 inches tall). Engine is a very modified 340H.P (FLYWHEEL) N/A , 5.4L, single overhead cam v-8. Truck is a "99" F-150 XLT, 4X2, REG-CAB, SHORT BOX, STEP-SIDE. Not a lightning. I prefer to build fast cars/trucks, NOT buy them that way. This was done during a "BRAKE TORQUE". Rear brakes were NOT harmed during this burnout. Rotor were not warped. If done PROPERLY, a burnout will harm nothing. If you guys have any questions for me, either E-MAIL me or ask them here. Or you can contact me at the USER NAME : "NEAL" at F-150ONLINE.COM. I hope you guys enjoyed watching my burnout video as much as I did making it!LOL! This truck now runs high 13's in the 1/4 mile at a curb weight of 4500LBS.

If you would like to view more burnout vids of my truck and some other vids please visit the link below.

http://www.85merk.com/members/nealhpfreak/movies

If you would like to check out my gallery, click on this link :

http://www.f150online.com/galleries/mygall...ry.cfm?gnum=634