Car and Bike Talk Discussions and comparisons of cars and motorcycles of all makes and models.

Audi RS4

Old 01-30-2006, 06:26 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

For $85k I don't really see the value of it over a regular S4. At $58k-65K I begin to see more value, but if the next M3 debuts at the same price levels then I think the RS4 is in trouble from the start.
Old 01-30-2006, 06:44 AM

Received 121 Likes on 96 Posts

My cousin's coworker is selling one right now for 32K US. The car is in Switzerland.
Old 01-30-2006, 06:55 AM
rai

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

[QUOTE=mosesbotbol,Jan 30 2006, 07:44 AM] My cousin's coworker is selling one right now for 32K US.
Old 01-30-2006, 12:48 PM

Originally Posted by Green Tea,Jan 29 2006, 04:43 PM

Ask Honda how they can justify the price of the NSX Besides, where exactly are you getting information on the price of the RS4? There is no "official" pricing on the RS4 yet. Most are speculating around low $60k-70k.
They cannot justify the price of the NSX. How many of them are they selling these days...? The NSX is old and Acura isn't doing much as far as price with it, while the RS4 is new. Additionally, the RS4 has many other competitors within the Audi brand (not so of Acura). If the S4 is around $50k, how do you justify $80k for the RS4? If the RS4 goes to the $50k range, how do they sell the S4?

I am getting the price from where everyone else is getting it from namely CD and I think AutoWeek. Granted they might be wrong, but they have far better info than I do. Again, one has to assume a significant price bump from the S4 lest they cannibalize their own models. This is why I say drop the S4 and make a slightly more expensive RS4. However, if it comes out $70-80k, forget it.
Old 01-30-2006, 07:21 PM

[QUOTE=ScottB,Jan 30 2006, 01:48 PM] They cannot justify the price of the NSX.
Old 01-30-2006, 08:18 PM

Originally Posted by Green Tea,Jan 30 2006, 08:21 PM

My reference to Honda wasn't a way to praise them . Everyone knows the NSX is old. You can't really question how Audi can justify a price point of $80k when nobody has yet to have any official pricing on the RS4. Nobody said the RS4 is going to go for $50k (execept for C&D and automobile) it would completely cannibalize the S4. A loaded S4 goes for around $55k. The RS4 is already said to come loaded from the factory with all the goodies from a S4, plus extras like a +400hp engine, ceramic brakes, far more limited production numbers, badge whore braging rights, etc. Point is, not a single automobile magazine have really come out with prices that matches eachother. There are other magazines listing the price to be around $60-70k. The only thing I noticed is that they all have "est" price listed in their mags. Comparing price points for BMW & Audi, etc, Audi has always come in a bit lower in MSRP for their cars against BMW. I don't really see it being any different this time around. I'll reserve judgement until official pricing comes out
Fair enough, but this isn't a journalistic story being reported on the nightly news. It's a forum, so running with reported numbers isn't off limits. However, as you admitted, they cannot price near the S4 lest they cannibalize the model. Therefore, the RS4 has to come in well above. We can all guess what "well above" means, or take the estimates from the car mags, but my point is that $70k and north is just too much in my opinion. They put themselves in a tough spot by having the S4 in the mid 50k range. As you say, we'll see what the price really is.

Incidentally, when did ceramic brakes become such a huge value add? Many people would pay to not have ceramic brakes.
Old 01-30-2006, 11:47 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

All units are pre-sold.

US spec RS4's will be built in March.

Available, late spring, May/June.

If you don't have an allocation now, you'll have to wait to see if someone backs out to obtain one.

I'll have mine.
Old 01-31-2006, 08:49 AM

Received 121 Likes on 96 Posts

Originally Posted by rai,Jan 30 2006, 10:55 AM
Probably not the new RS4. There was a RS4 before in Europe that was not the same car. It had 380hp twin turbo V6. Never sold in the US.

The new RS4 has FSI and rear-bias AWD and you won't be finding it for $32K US. At least not for the whole car.

Here is a link about the RS4 -->>click
It's a few years old, as the RS4 has been out for a while. I never mentioned whether it was new model or not; a new model RS4 used is going to be a lot more than 32K. As for making it US Legal, you'd be on your own with this car, but I could get into the US for $1600 to NJ. It's not the one that is coming out, as this car is used... Still quite a piece though.
Old 01-31-2006, 09:06 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

RS4...

At dealerships in April 2006, according to my source at MAG in Dublin, Ohio.

Base price to be mid 60's with the first RS4's arriving similarly equipped with an MSRP in the low 70's.

Waiting lists are 10 deep or more. Basically, if you have not already ordered one, you will need to wait till someone backs out of a deal.
Old 01-31-2006, 11:57 AM
rai

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

I'm not sure what to think of the "waiting list" or "pre-sold" remarks. I guess we'll see. Cars like the Elise were "waiting list" and now they're 17 on the lot.

I don't hear anything that says this is a limited run, Audi will probably bring over as many as they can sell. May take a while for supply to catch up with demand.

Hopefully this will be very successful so more of this type of car will be brought to market.

Quick Reply: Audi RS4