Car and Bike Talk Discussions and comparisons of cars and motorcycles of all makes and models.

Anyone own an ISF?

Old 11-25-2009, 12:22 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Honda/Acura also doesn't lock out anything while driving.
Old 11-25-2009, 12:28 PM

I have yet to use an OEM navigation system that is better than Garmin. I have used Acura/Honda, Infiniti, MB, Lexus, etc..
Old 11-25-2009, 12:38 PM

Originally Posted by sw05s2k,Nov 25 2009, 12:15 PM
I liked the C63 a whole lot more than the ISF. I don't know if you have kids or not, but the backseat in the ISF is ridiculously small and rather pointless.
C63 FTW!!!!
Old 11-25-2009, 01:52 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by JonBoy,Nov 25 2009, 12:58 PM
Rumor is that they will have a GS-F with a detuned V10 from the LFA by fall of 2011 (2012 model).
And about $100K.
Old 11-25-2009, 02:01 PM

Received 26 Likes on 18 Posts

You're considering selling the s2k and IS350 so you can buy your wife an F? And she won't even notice the difference between it and a normal IS?

Wow. Must be some girl...
Old 11-25-2009, 05:11 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

wrong choice. I'd never sell two cars for different purposes for one car. You'll regret it.
Old 11-25-2009, 05:37 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The Toyota/Lexus GPS is the ONLY factory GPS you CAN'T use while the car is moving. I have the Caddy GPS and the Nissan GPS and they both beat the Toyo version hands down!

And neither one of them has ever sent me in the wrong direction! Lexus says I just have to accept that the GPSs aren't perfect and occassionally they'll make a misteak in a new area. Unfortunately every misteak it's made has been in well established areas. One time it sent me downtown and dropped me off on one of the busiest streets that didn't have a name that remotely resembled what I was looking for.

It's gotten so that when I am giving people my office address I specifically ask them if they are using a Toyo GPS cause a high percentage of them won't even find me. I get calls all the time where it's sending people a whole town away.
Old 11-25-2009, 06:01 PM

The navi in my G37 locked me out while the car was in motion.
Old 11-25-2009, 06:07 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Wildncrazy,Nov 25 2009, 06:37 PM
The Toyota/Lexus GPS is the ONLY factory GPS you CAN'T use while the car is moving.
WRONG!!!!!!!!!!
Old 11-25-2009, 06:38 PM

Funny how this thread turned into a Lexus GPS rant... I couldn't agree more. I had an '06 IS350 until a 13 year old stuck a gun in my wife's face, stole it (once the little turd figured out how to start it), then promptly rolled it into a little ball and totaled it (he walked away)... sorry, I digress...

My '06 didn't have NAV but when when I set out to buy an '09 replacement you couldn't find one without it... to be brief, the Lexus NAV is the suck... absolute worst NAV system I have ever seen... I've used it side by side, real world driving, with my entry level GARMIN... the GARMIN outperforms it hands down... nothing like looking at an exit ramp in your rear view mirror and hearing the little lady in the box to tel you to exit... I actually could tolerate the stop before you use me issue if it was worth $h1t when it was in use...

As far as the BMW vs. ISF argument... I would take the reliabiltiy of the ISF over a BMW any day... love the M3 but don't enjoy being on a first name basis with the service writer at the local house of BMW... sorry, my experience with every German car I have owned... Audi, Porsche, and a BMW is that they break and when they break they cost big bucks to fix. On the other hand... my experience with Toyota, Lexus, and Honda is they are virtually bullet proof... maybe I'm just been lucky and use the right floor mats or something.

True... back seat is non existant in the LEXUS but I don't sit in the back seat... I know, selfish...

The '96 S-2000? I sobered up... everything sounds cool when you shop for cars after downing a six pack of Dead Guy Ale... (note to self... you're too old to be doing that...) but alcohol and autotrader does make car shoping for one of a kind or "different" cars fun, no? Last night I was trying to figure out how I could sell my grand kids so I could buy a Stryker but remembered that law enforcement frowns on that kind of thing.

As far as the wife never knowing the difference between the F car and the 350.... she'd know... well, maybe.

Not sure that I would regret trading the 09 350 and my 08 s2000 for the ISF but to be sure, I wouldn't take a bath... I'd get soaked... might even drown....

Thinking I'll just hold what I got unless I crack the next six back of DGA... the 350 is plenty quick and a great way to gobble up lots of interstate miles in a hurry while the s2k is just a great, fun car, period...

But that ISF... man, it is a great ride... where's that damn bottle opener!?

Quick Reply: Anyone own an ISF?