Car and Bike Talk Discussions and comparisons of cars and motorcycles of all makes and models.

Any ND2 owners in here?

Old 05-18-2023, 07:58 AM

Received 215 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by dedonderosa
Hey everyone, i just wanted to know if anyone in here is an nd2 owner and how they're liking it.
Reason is i was looking to add and ap1 to the garage next to my ap2 but with the way the current market is etc, i cant justify spending 25K+ on a used 20 year old car when i can get a brand new ND.
I just wanted to know who owns one along with their s2000 and how do you like it? likes or dislikes compared to the s2000.
Thanks
If my S was gone tomorrow, it would be a real coin toss between tracking down another AP2, or an easier to get Miata, or more of an ego-stroking Boxster S.

Tbh with an S in the garage already, I'd be looking at a C6, Boxster, or Miata to round out what the S doesn't fill completely, as their prices aren't so bonkers yet.

I'd even say a Wrangler, but they are also stupid expensive.
Old 05-19-2023, 05:20 AM

Received 68 Likes on 50 Posts

Congrats Stephen! That interior looks really nice! Hope to see you around this summer in the verts!
Old 05-19-2023, 05:23 AM

Received 73 Likes on 55 Posts

Originally Posted by TheDonEffect
Congrats man! Nice setup too, how you liking it so far?
i love it, its my new 3 season daily. the ride isn't rough at all even with the factory Bilstein's. still breaking her in so ive been taking it easy but all around it has so much good mid range power and torque. after driving my buddies stock ap1 i can say the miatas power down low is much better around town but dont forget its only 2300lbs. but nothing sounds as good as an s2000 when your winding her out. overall its excellent id even say its a modern day s2000.
Old 05-19-2023, 05:25 AM

Originally Posted by Soul Coughing
Congrats Stephen! That interior looks really nice! Hope to see you around this summer in the verts!

thanks buddy i appreciate it. yeah its really nice inside. We need to set up something and hang out its been to long.
Old 05-19-2023, 06:06 AM

Received 116 Likes on 79 Posts

We/wife has an ND1 and I let her park it in the garage next to my AP1 . Most everything that has been mentioned, I agree with so I don't have a ton to add. I will say my wife refuses to go on any road trips in the AP1...she says it's too harsh. I think factory alignment on the ND is "meh"..the steering just feels strange, especially in long turns. It's like it needs more caster. I don't care much for how soft the ND suspension is but she got the GT and it's fun enough with some Michelin pilot sports.

One thing I will say is that I don't get that "special" feeling when I'm driving the Mazda. It's capable and feels faster than the S but I can enjoy driving the S anywhere for any reason and have a great time. The Mazda does not have that "je ne sais quoi" that the Honda has.
Old 05-19-2023, 09:39 AM

Received 522 Likes on 400 Posts

Originally Posted by dedonderosa
i love it, its my new 3 season daily. the ride isn't rough at all even with the factory Bilstein's. still breaking her in so ive been taking it easy but all around it has so much good mid range power and torque. after driving my buddies stock ap1 i can say the miatas power down low is much better around town but dont forget its only 2300lbs. but nothing sounds as good as an s2000 when your winding her out. overall its excellent id even say its a modern day s2000.

Yeah the car is very roly poly even with the Bilsteins, but frankly it did make it a ton of fun in the mountains and super comfortable to ride around in. I hear sway bars really fixes that issue without having to go stiffer is better route. Yeah, I was surprised how much easier it was to drive normally than an AP1 and AP2, feels like there's more power everywhere but really it's just a combination of a smooth power band and lightweight.

Yeah, the sound is the only thing, but an intake actually makes it sound pretty damn good, and people are modifying the sound tube as well and it sounds really good. Back when I had mine options were really limited, but now with an intake and the right exhaust I'd say the S2 no longer has that edge.
Old 05-19-2023, 11:09 AM

yeah ive seen people do the sound tube delete OR replace the sound tube hose with a 32mm hose and they say it makes it sound so much better

Last edited by dedonderosa; 05-19-2023 at 11:30 AM.