Car and Bike Talk Discussions and comparisons of cars and motorcycles of all makes and models.

Any G37 experience?

Old 03-26-2013, 10:21 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ookielookie
I work at an Infiniti/Chevrolet dealer and one thing I've noticed almost all of the G's is their shitty paint. I've never seen a modern car with so many large paint chips and cracking. Almost every 5ish year old G-car has some seriously effed paint.

That really blows...The paint on the two I have looked at didn't seem to show evidence of cracking, spider webbing, or chipping (unless dealers practice respraying to make it all pretty for a "feel good" sale).

I'm tired of seeing silver, gray, and black as the only colors I can find too. Didn't these damn things come in other colors??
Old 03-27-2013, 08:20 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by LUV2REV
Originally Posted by BEASTMODE' timestamp='1364326534' post='22430032
I've never been happy with Nissan quality. I had a 03 350z and it constantly had issues. There's a reason why you dont see many Nissan's over 150k miles while I commonly find early 90's Accords and Civics still running strong with 200k+ miles.
I have seen many high mileage Nissan's, particularly the Hardbody trucks. There are far more pre-1980 Nissan's (Datsun) on the road today than there are Honda's. Go to any vintage Japanese car show and tell me how many Honda's you see compared to Datsun's. In reality, is there really a pre-1985 Honda that one would want to own ?

So you have never been happy with Nissan quality based on the ownership of a 2003 350Z. That is quite the sampling pool.
Perhaps I should base overall Honda quality on the bubbling dash and headlamp housing on my former 00' S2000. Or perhaps the poor fitting A-Pillar trim, switch bulbs that burnt out monthly or leaky interior on my former 2006 Ridgeline that Honda has not wholly rectified 8 years into production.
Hardbody trucks are pretty much it for old Nissans I see on the road still. The only reason you see more Datsuns at vintage car shows is because Honda didnt make sports cars back then and people dont want to collect 1st gen accords and civics as much as Z cars, roadsters and 510s. Your point is irrelevant. Im talking about the quality of post-Datsun vehicles here anyway. Nissan Altimas, Maximas, z32, z33, xterra. They are all junk quality compared to Honda and Toyota. Dont take my word for it. Go look at any vehicle quality survey and see for yourself!
Old 03-27-2013, 01:42 PM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by BEASTMODE
Originally Posted by LUV2REV' timestamp='1364362319' post='22431242
[quote name='BEASTMODE' timestamp='1364326534' post='22430032']
I've never been happy with Nissan quality. I had a 03 350z and it constantly had issues. There's a reason why you dont see many Nissan's over 150k miles while I commonly find early 90's Accords and Civics still running strong with 200k+ miles.
I have seen many high mileage Nissan's, particularly the Hardbody trucks. There are far more pre-1980 Nissan's (Datsun) on the road today than there are Honda's. Go to any vintage Japanese car show and tell me how many Honda's you see compared to Datsun's. In reality, is there really a pre-1985 Honda that one would want to own ?

So you have never been happy with Nissan quality based on the ownership of a 2003 350Z. That is quite the sampling pool.
Perhaps I should base overall Honda quality on the bubbling dash and headlamp housing on my former 00' S2000. Or perhaps the poor fitting A-Pillar trim, switch bulbs that burnt out monthly or leaky interior on my former 2006 Ridgeline that Honda has not wholly rectified 8 years into production.
Hardbody trucks are pretty much it for old Nissans I see on the road still. The only reason you see more Datsuns at vintage car shows is because Honda didnt make sports cars back then and people dont want to collect 1st gen accords and civics as much as Z cars, roadsters and 510s. Your point is irrelevant. Im talking about the quality of post-Datsun vehicles here anyway. Nissan Altimas, Maximas, z32, z33, xterra. They are all junk quality compared to Honda and Toyota. Dont take my word for it. Go look at any vehicle quality survey and see for yourself!
[/quote]

No, your very broad statement based on your experience with a single Nissan vehicle is irrelevant. What are you referencing when you say "quality" ? I see many "old" Nissan's on the road in my part of the world. Unlike you, I don't stop and ask the owner what mileage they have on their 1989 Maxima or how the "quality" is.

Z32's sure are junky. It perhaps won more accolades in it's production life than any other Japanese car, including the NSX which was irrelevant after 1997. Many Z32's are still on the road today pounding out 600+ reliable WHP.

Time to get off the Honda crack Beast Boy.
Old 03-28-2013, 06:39 AM

I dont have to ask owners what their mileage is. I am simply saying (in my area) there are far fewer Nissans on the road and for sale with higher mileage. Im not going to further derail this thread arguing with you. Think what you want, eh.

I'm a fan of Honda because they make better quality vehicles. If that means I'm drinking their Kool-Aid or on "Honda crack" then so be it. I'll enjoy driving my Hondas for decades to come.
Old 03-28-2013, 07:04 AM

Just wanted to throw my 2 cents in here.
I owned a 2008 G37S coupe automatic.

Car wise, I enjoyed the luxury toys like the smart key, push start, heated seats, and the backup camera. GPS wasn't too shabby either. I loved the look of the car (the backend is so sweet), the exhaust note sounds great, and the little illuminated light over the silver center was a very nice touch.

Unfortunately I have numerous complaints. The seats (IMO) were terribly uncomfortable after a few hours. The heated seats were either not enough or burn you to hell. The steering felt extremely overboosted (this may be just the auto). The trunk is pretty small too... especially when you consider the size of the car.

The reason I got rid of it was the constant problems I ran into.
The exhaust kept rattling, which was fixed at the dealership. Then my brakes wore out in less then 5000 miles (not even hard driving), which were replaced by the dealer. Then the transmission went nuts and the car wanted to keep moving while I'm holding the brake. Fixed at the dealership. And the last straw was that the car suddenly refused to allow the gas to be filled past half. Got rid of it and went back to another sports car.
Old 03-28-2013, 07:41 AM

Received 23 Likes on 20 Posts

Never owned the 37, drove a few.

I did however own a 04 brembo TT g35 coupe, as well as full built 06 g35 coupe as well.

Heavy. With boost- it's decent.
The styling outside I prefer the 35, but the interior of the 37 is much better, i think the 35 interior was a joke.

back seats are doable, fuel economy (in my case) was not exactly a hybrid on wheels.

It's a "luxury" sports coupe- the 35 was anyways, the 37 I'm sure they improved a bit as far as 'feel' goes. But the motor is just slightly different, from a 3.5 to a 3.7HR.

I prefer the s2000 any day, but I have my own reasons in addition and probably a different situation/scenario in my life than as to why I made my switch.
Old 03-28-2013, 11:28 PM

Went with a CPO 2009 G37x
1 owner
42K miles

Old 03-29-2013, 03:58 AM
Former Moderator

Originally Posted by ookielookie
I work at an Infiniti/Chevrolet dealer and one thing I've noticed almost all of the G's is their shitty paint. I've never seen a modern car with so many large paint chips and cracking. Almost every 5ish year old G-car has some seriously effed paint.
I just got rid of a an 06 Civic Si with horrible paint problems and i'm a freak about detailing. My wife's CRV has a single stage white and talk about a chip magnet. Modern paint sucks. It's your government trying to protect the environment, blame them.
Old 03-29-2013, 06:53 AM
Syn

Originally Posted by imnida
1 owner
42K miles
Enjoy! I think it looks a bit off without the spoiler, personally. That would be the first mod I would go with.
Old 03-30-2013, 09:38 PM

Originally Posted by Syn
Originally Posted by imnida' timestamp='1364542114' post='22436419
1 owner
42K miles
Enjoy! I think it looks a bit off without the spoiler, personally. That would be the first mod I would go with.

That is really funny lol I received the same reply over at my37.com forums!

Quick Reply: Any G37 experience?