Car and Bike Talk Discussions and comparisons of cars and motorcycles of all makes and models.

The age old question: To sell or not to sell?

Old 01-21-2016, 04:50 PM

Received 170 Likes on 125 Posts

^^ car and driver set the times, and my mistake it was 5 seconds.

http://m.caranddriver.com/features/l...d-more-feature

I am sorry you're having such a bad go in life that you need to act this way towards me.

Feel free to PM me if you need to talk to someone. I'd really rather not keep receiving your hate but am happy to help.
Old 01-21-2016, 04:50 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 38 Likes on 30 Posts

If you don't drive it much I'd say sell it. Keeping it would not cost you anything besides insurance really though as the value will probably appreciate on it.

I loved my S2000. Owned it for 8 years. I drove mine a ton. 135k miles I put on it over those 8 years.

Towards the end I just got tired of the lack of torque and how tiny it was. I barely drove it the last year so I decided it was time to part ways with it.

While I originally missed it since I didn't have another fun car (was only driving my MDX) once I got a new car (16 Mustang GT with performance pack) I have not been missing it all. I'm really surprised as well as I really thought I would.
Old 01-22-2016, 03:23 AM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Sounds like you are not having fun with your s2k. Sell it to someone who will and buy it back from that person when they are done.
Old 01-22-2016, 05:00 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Is the reason you aren't driving your S because it isn't practical enough?
Yet the reason that has gotten you to keep it is that it is fun for the few times that you drive it..

If so, maybe sell the S2000 and Outback in favor of a more practical car for daily driving year round, yet is still sporty'ish and somewhat fun to drive (like a new WRX, or lightly used Audi S4).

I imagine selling the S2000 and Outback would give you a good chunk of the money for a new car. That way you'd be down to just the truck and, say 2016 WRX. However, is the truck really worth more to you than the S2000 is? If not, you may want to reconsider the truck and get rid of that if there's no room. And a truck that you can't drive on the days you can't drive your S2000 (because of snow, ice, too much salt and rocks on the road [I'm guessing during a typical winter in Spokane], needing cargo space, etc.), hmm I thought that was the entire point of a truck. But I'm not a truck person at all, hence this is more of a sports car biased forum!

Would I personally sell the S2000 in favor of a 50's truck?
Almost never, there would have to be some kind of catch for that to happen.

Would I sell my S2000 for a brand new loaded WRX limited, STI, Golf R, or maybe Focus RS?
Probably in my current situation yes, if I didn't have to put $ on top that I don't have.

A couple last options I can think of. Sell the S2000, buy a motorcycle. Then you'll still have fun transportation, so that could potentially ease the loss some and have room to keep a DD and your old hot rod truck it sounds you'll be working on as much or more than driving.

The other option, keep the S2000 as your DD (drive it rain, snow, or shine). Make sure you have full coverage on it and have a good set of snow tires for winter. And maybe you'll need a custom roof rack (you'll definitely need/want a hardtop) or trailer or something at some point for cargo space if your hot rod truck you can't use for that?
Old 01-22-2016, 11:20 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Thanks for the response eric. So the truck is a huge project and will take a while to be "complete" so using it as a dd is not an option. I need a vehicle that will tow our tent trailer for camping road trips and things like that, hence the Outback. I really love my S2000 but I'm at a point in my life that I find myself liking to drive it less and less. I have never been a track guy, it just gets driven back and forth to work and home. I have also considered something like a 4Runner for a DD.