Car and Bike Talk Discussions and comparisons of cars and motorcycles of all makes and models.

The age old question: To sell or not to sell?

Old 01-21-2016, 10:26 AM

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by CosmosMpower
Originally Posted by Marioshi' timestamp='1453402502' post='23859201
[quote name='Driven' timestamp='1453402433' post='23859198']
[quote name='rob-2' timestamp='1453393679' post='23859016']Btw you don't see me knocking your car purchases.
You have, as well as bash S2000s on a forum dedicated to S2000s, but besides that... I don't brag about buying boring rental cars thinking they are anything but a boring rental car.
I wish I could find a boring rental car that had almost 500 hp on my local enterprise lot. 9.99 weekend special please!
[/quote]

I rented a F10 M5 from Hertz at DFW airport and thrashed it at the track. I think it was 230 a day all in, not too bad.
[/quote]

I did end up with a boring rental car V6 mustang with about 300hp. Actually changed my opinions of mustangs quite a bit. It was a bit less than 230 a day too...
Old 01-21-2016, 11:22 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I still drive it, but it's just back and forth to work. it doesn't get taken out on drives on the weekend or anything. Daily driving the 56 is not an option.
Old 01-21-2016, 12:23 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My standard MO is only sell if you buy something that "Looks better" and/or "More fun to drive "
If you need a truck buy the cheapest one you can get by with so you will have more money on the Fun to Drive stuff.
In my case only the 997 911 or a used NSX seem to make you feel you have moved up from the S2000.
Old 01-21-2016, 12:28 PM

Received 95 Likes on 73 Posts

Dont sell...you'll regret it!
Old 01-21-2016, 12:44 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Well one of the reasons for selling is to get myself down to two vehicles. Three is just to many.
Old 01-21-2016, 01:52 PM

Received 170 Likes on 125 Posts

Originally Posted by Driven
Originally Posted by rob-2' timestamp='1453393679' post='23859016
Btw you don't see me knocking your car purchases.
You have, as well as bash S2000s on a forum dedicated to S2000s, but besides that... I don't brag about buying boring rental cars thinking they are anything but a boring rental car.

Originally Posted by suprmonky73
You should keep it because everyone here would keep it....

I sold my original Ap1 and bought an R32, didn't like it, bought an AP2.
I'm ready to move on, it's a good car but it's not the end all be all of cars.
I think it's more that all signs point to that the S2000 will appreciate. Having a clean, unmolested S2000 will be worth quite a penny in the coming years.

Is it the best sports car/roadster? No (then again, what is?). Is it a great one? Absolutely. It's routinely on 'best cars of all time' lists for a reason.
No need to hate on me. I think I have been very balanced in my opinion of the s. I liked mine a lot, my use shows.

This goes back to a prior comment I made in another thread, you need to lighten up on the death grip you have to S. I have never once "bashed" the S or anyone for owning one.

What matters to you in a car is clearly slightly different. You personally don't like my choice in car, that's fine. I don't call you names or put down your choice of car by reference to a rental car situation.

I like my car. It was track ready from the factory. Something I couldn't say about my S. I like hauling my kid and wife with and doing nothing to the car and hitting the track.

For all your hate, my dodge laps the track faster then the S. That's amazing to me. In my thread on it I clearly didn't say it was better. Just different and I don't act for a moment like I am better or the S or its owners are less.

Grow up, and avoid ever replying to a post I make a again. You're not a car fan.
Old 01-21-2016, 02:01 PM

Received 21 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by rob-2
Originally Posted by Driven' timestamp='1453402433' post='23859198
[quote name='rob-2' timestamp='1453393679' post='23859016']Btw you don't see me knocking your car purchases.

I think it's more that all signs point to that the S2000 will appreciate. Having a clean, unmolested S2000 will be worth quite a penny in the coming years.

Is it the best sports car/roadster? No (then again, what is?). Is it a great one? Absolutely. It's routinely on 'best cars of all time' lists for a reason.
No need to hate on me. I think I have been very balanced in my opinion of the s. I liked mine a lot, my use shows.

This goes back to a prior comment I made in another thread, you need to lighten up on the death grip you have to S. I have never once "bashed" the S or anyone for owning one.

What matters to you in a car is clearly slightly different. You personally don't like my choice in car, that's fine. I don't call you names or put down your choice of car by reference to a rental car situation.

I like my car. It was track ready from the factory. Something I couldn't say about my S. I like hauling my kid and wife with and doing nothing to the car and hitting the track.

For all your hate, my dodge laps the track faster then the S. That's amazing to me. In my thread on it I clearly didn't say it was better. Just different and I don't act for a moment like I am better or the S or its owners are less.

Grow up, and avoid ever replying to a post I make a again. You're not a car fan.
[/quote]

Not that a S2000 is super fast on most tracks compared to the big $ hardware but if your Charger is really faster that's not bad. Is it a hellcat?
Old 01-21-2016, 02:11 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

keep it for track use only
Old 01-21-2016, 03:28 PM

Received 170 Likes on 125 Posts

Originally Posted by CosmosMpower
Originally Posted by rob-2' timestamp='1453416743' post='23859394
[quote name='Driven' timestamp='1453402433' post='23859198']

[/quote]

Not that a S2000 is super fast on most tracks compared to the big $ hardware but if your Charger is really faster that's not bad. Is it a hellcat?
[/quote]
392 SRT. Beats the S by 3 seconds around VIR. Not saying tha makes it better at all just amazing to me, it's 4400lbs!
Old 01-21-2016, 03:51 PM

Received 45 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by rob-2
Meh, I don't usually pay attention to your bashful comments, so forgive me if I missed another one of them.

I don't call you names or put down your choice of car by reference to a rental car situation.
Even when you did, I laughed at your pretension. However, it doesn't take away that you bash the S2000 whilst driving essentially a rental car. Try this, don't get offended by what people think of your purchases, just because you wish people cared what you thought of theirs. Why are you even on a S2000 forum anyways if you don't care for S2000s?

For all your hate, my dodge laps the track faster then the S.
*than, and I'm willing to bet that it's 100% related to driver ability/inability...ESPECIALLY if it's 3 seconds, lol! But then again, I'm sure you have video showing your best lap in the S2000 vs. your best lap in your Charger to show the difference.

You're not a car fan.
Hah! Because I call you out for your consistent disparaging remarks and think a Charger is a terrible car, I'm not a car fan? Ever play the "Jump to Conclusions" game?

Quick Reply: The age old question: To sell or not to sell?