Car and Bike Talk Discussions and comparisons of cars and motorcycles of all makes and models.

Adam Corolla's Car collection

Old 08-18-2008, 07:32 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by versionJDM,Aug 18 2008, 05:35 PM

I would say the minimum for a collection is gotta be atleast 20 or so. when you have warehouses for your cars, then you have a collection.
You keep digging a hole!! You mght not like him and might dislike the fact that he is working on Top Gear but this thread is about his CARS!!!

The guy is a car guy and has a neat collection.

P.S. - he keeps it at a warehouse. Is that good enough
Old 08-18-2008, 10:21 PM

Received 522 Likes on 400 Posts

I don't recall that there was a specific number that makes a collection what it is, jsut that it has to be a gathering of certain objects with a common theme, and I'll add on that it's done for the sake of gathering. So, buying an accord, camry, and altima isn't a collection if you, your wife, and your kid all drive them. But if you bought the same cars for yourself, well you got the most boring car collection ever besides a BMW dealership (zing, waiting for Oneshot's response).
Granted Adam's collection isn't as significant as Jay's collection, it still is a collection.
That said, love the datsuns and Dino, hate the 300zx (don't care who drove it, unless it was angelina jolie and it came with her), E32, and the Jag.
On a side note, I respect Adam because he really did earn his stripes and I do enjoy his morning show despite that now I listen to more constructive stuff. I am glad that they chose someone liek Adam who selects his cars more on his own taste and love for the hobby than what he could afford (guys like the czars or princes just collect simply because they can, guys like adam collect them because he has a passion for them).
And if you got a facility, big or small, for the specific task of housing/accomodating your cars, you're a collector.
Old 08-19-2008, 12:26 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hmm, I guess he sold his 1972 Porsche 911 RS replica. That thing was clean.
Old 08-19-2008, 08:32 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i dont care if i contracdicted myself. hes an asshat, and totally worhtless, and his gay-ass morning show took my favorite local morning show off the air, so i hope he falls down a flight of stairs.

im fine, now, im fine. im ok. thanks.
Old 08-19-2008, 09:37 AM

Received 522 Likes on 400 Posts

Originally Posted by versionJDM,Aug 19 2008, 08:32 AM
i dont care if i contracdicted myself. hes an asshat, and totally worhtless, and his gay-ass morning show took my favorite local morning show off the air, so i hope he falls down a flight of stairs.

im fine, now, im fine. im ok. thanks.
Lol, wow.

I've noticed that a lot of people either love him or hate. Me, I love him, entertaining show and I think teresa strausser is quite the looker. I did enjoy when the douche was on the show, but oh well. Anyway, he's no longer broadcasted here locally, so I just listen to Rob Black. Fortunately, Leykis is still on during the evening.
Old 08-19-2008, 10:43 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I don't think they covered all the cars that Adam Corolla actually has, just some special ones and some not so special. There is no mention of a Subaru STI, and he has stated on his show that he has a 300hp Subaru as his DD.

The dude is mega rich and most likely has more than what was listed in the article.
Old 08-19-2008, 04:38 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by TheDonEffect,Aug 19 2008, 02:21 AM
I don't recall that there was a specific number that makes a collection what it is, jsut that it has to be a gathering of certain objects with a common theme, and I'll add on that it's done for the sake of gathering. So, buying an accord, camry, and altima isn't a collection if you, your wife, and your kid all drive them. But if you bought the same cars for yourself, well you got the most boring car collection ever besides a BMW dealership (zing, waiting for Oneshot's response).
Granted Adam's collection isn't as significant as Jay's collection, it still is a collection.
That said, love the datsuns and Dino, hate the 300zx (don't care who drove it, unless it was angelina jolie and it came with her), E32, and the Jag.
On a side note, I respect Adam because he really did earn his stripes and I do enjoy his morning show despite that now I listen to more constructive stuff. I am glad that they chose someone liek Adam who selects his cars more on his own taste and love for the hobby than what he could afford (guys like the czars or princes just collect simply because they can, guys like adam collect them because he has a passion for them).
And if you got a facility, big or small, for the specific task of housing/accomodating your cars, you're a collector.