Car and Bike Talk Discussions and comparisons of cars and motorcycles of all makes and models.

Acura RLX SH-AWD

Old 06-06-2015, 09:18 PM

Received 170 Likes on 125 Posts
Default Acura RLX SH-AWD

just by the dealership to learn this has been pulled from the line up. NO SH-AWD in gas or hybrid trim.

So I asked about the NSX deliveries and the sale guy checked with boss man. They didn't think anything was shipping for 2015 but would be happy to take my number if I wanted to put an order in when they had details.

We are a long time Honda family going back to 1991. We left the show room not seeing anything on the floor we'd want to buy. We currently have 3 Honda's in the family. Two versions they don't have a replacement for and the MDX which has been ruined for the recent model year.

How can these guys stay in business?
Old 06-06-2015, 09:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just because you don't want a CRV, Fit, Civic, Accord or Odyssey doesn't mean that a very large majority of the car buying population don't. Honda continues to offer some very good cars, just not very sporty ones.

Instead though I'd say there's light at the end of the tunnel, namely the CTR.
Old 06-06-2015, 11:27 PM
AZH

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The rlx didn't sell. Less than 4000 in the US sold by November 2014.

http://www.thetruthaboutcars.com/201...cut-glass-jaw/

http://www.forbes.com/sites/jimgorze...busts-of-2014/
Old 06-07-2015, 06:18 AM

Received 121 Likes on 96 Posts

Honda and Acura styling is on an upward swing.
Old 06-07-2015, 11:26 AM

Received 118 Likes on 68 Posts

Originally Posted by rob-2
just by the dealership to learn this has been pulled from the line up. NO SH-AWD in gas or hybrid trim.

So I asked about the NSX deliveries and the sale guy checked with boss man. They didn't think anything was shipping for 2015 but would be happy to take my number if I wanted to put an order in when they had details.

We are a long time Honda family going back to 1991. We left the show room not seeing anything on the floor we'd want to buy. We currently have 3 Honda's in the family. Two versions they don't have a replacement for and the MDX which has been ruined for the recent model year.

Just curious, but what don't you like about the new MDX? I've been looking at them lately and they seem really nice.
Old 06-07-2015, 11:45 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by S2K Al
Just because you don't want a CRV, Fit, Civic, Accord or Odyssey doesn't mean that a very large majority of the car buying population don't. Honda continues to offer some very good cars, just not very sporty ones.

Instead though I'd say there's light at the end of the tunnel, namely the CTR.

+1
Old 06-07-2015, 11:58 AM

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

We like the MDX but in 2-3 years we hope to get into a new Model X by Tesla. The model X will replace our aging RL which we really like and hope it lasts for another 100k. We are slowly moving away from Honda since their innovation is too slow and prolonged.

Honda has to be losing share left and right concerning the Acura brand. The new TL is nice, but the rest of their lineup still needs work.
Old 06-07-2015, 12:15 PM

I agree it's been a slow seller but we cannot understand going backwards. Keep in mind it was always a slow seller. It also sells poorly because they cannot advertise. Our prior RLs were flawless luxury that have stood the test of time. Dropping the AWD from the car doesn't make sense. It hasn't been FWD since 2004.

Also walking into either dealership doesn't feel the same as it did just a few years ago. You had options for a range of places in life. It now seems Honda is just focusing on teens through to young families. They aren't allowing their customers to grow with the brand.

Maybe it's just us but Honda doesn't seem to be making cars this family wants to buy anymore. That was my point, after all these years they are likely to lose a loyal buyer who shopped them first.
Old 06-07-2015, 12:18 PM

Originally Posted by Mr.E.G.
Originally Posted by rob-2' timestamp='1433654339' post='23638999

Just curious, but what don't you like about the new MDX? I've been looking at them lately and they seem really nice.
The exterior styling we didn't like; looks bloaty. They hide the exhaust. They dropped the power output. New tranny is nice but it just felt one step closer to a minivan. I feel our 2012 flavor is a little more SUV. Might just be me.
Old 06-07-2015, 01:03 PM

Received 215 Likes on 148 Posts

By 'end is in sight', that's hind sight for me. Haven't been interested in a Honda for a while now. I love my S2000 though.

Quick Reply: Acura RLX SH-AWD