Car and Bike Talk Discussions and comparisons of cars and motorcycles of all makes and models.

aahahahahahahaha...this is hilarious

Old 05-09-2006, 10:15 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That $ht isn
Old 05-09-2006, 04:23 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by geoff2005,Apr 26 2006, 07:39 AM
i read over what i wrote and it does sound misleading, maybe i should have put a smiley face.i didnt mean it literaly. so please calm down
He is calm.
Old 05-09-2006, 05:16 PM

Originally Posted by steve c,Apr 26 2006, 10:08 AM
And no wonder people like me put down clueless shitheads like you.

You do realize that this is an isolated case -- probably about as rare as the first year S2000's blowing motors because of the oil jet bolt issue -- but probably LESS common than the S2000's that had to have the clutch replaced for free because of the TSB54 issue that Honda failed to fix for 3 years ....

But hey -- to the idiot fanboys this one rare issue means that ALL American cars are junk and of course Foreign cars NEVER have issues.

So ... ****ing ... stupid.
You have posted this argument againt fanboism/generalization repeatedly. Surely by now you realize that most people are untrained in logic and that your fight against them will never end.

For most people, the purchase of a car is an emotional decision. It is based on how they wish to be percieved and their desire to be associated with the qualities of the stereotypical owner of that particular model.

Generalization/fanboism occurs through the desire to rationalize a given choice of car and through that, validation of one's own identity. This is particularly true for insecure and nonconfident people.

It takes maturity and education to understand that fanboism is wrong. Neither trait is a prerequisite for participating in this forum. Membership is available to everyone.

The special nature of the S2000 attracts a particular segment of the general population. The qualities of this segment make the forum an interesting read. As time goes by, the qualties of the car change (e.g. it's price) and resultingly, the population which participates in this forum changes as well. Due to this factor, although your fight against fanbois will educate a few people, ultimately it is never ending.
Old 05-09-2006, 06:37 PM

Originally Posted by victory423,May 10 2006, 01:16 AM
You have posted this argument againt fanboism/generalization repeatedly. Surely by now you realize that most people are untrained in logic and that your fight against them will never end.

For most people, the purchase of a car is an emotional decision. It is based on how they wish to be percieved and their desire to be associated with the qualities of the stereotypical owner of that particular model.

Generalization/fanboism occurs through the desire to rationalize a given choice of car and through that, validation of one's own identity. This is particularly true for insecure and nonconfident people.

It takes maturity and education to understand that fanboism is wrong. Neither trait is a prerequisite for participating in this forum. Membership is available to everyone.

The special nature of the S2000 attracts a particular segment of the general population. The qualities of this segment make the forum an interesting read. As time goes by, the qualties of the car change (e.g. it's price) and resultingly, the population which participates in this forum changes as well. Due to this factor, although your fight against fanbois will educate a few people, ultimately it is never ending.
nicely put, now maybe he will quit being such a dick.
Old 05-09-2006, 07:21 PM
Former Moderator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by marrenr813,May 9 2006, 08:37 PM
nicely put, now maybe he will quit being such a dick.
that will never happen.
Old 05-09-2006, 07:28 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Ok, I'm confused. So who was a dick?

And this is way beyond any type of "normal" failure which WOULD tend to point a finger towards a lower quality (quality control?) of the Vette or GM or american labor unions or something.
Old 05-09-2006, 07:47 PM

MEH REPOST!

Kill the cats
Old 05-09-2006, 07:49 PM

Originally Posted by Wildncrazy,May 9 2006, 09:28 PM
Ok, I'm confused. So who was a dick?

And this is way beyond any type of "normal" failure which WOULD tend to point a finger towards a lower quality (quality control?) of the Vette or GM or american labor unions or something.
yep, you better watch out for my flyin' top as I pass and pull away from you. There was a recall issued months ago.
Old 05-10-2006, 12:08 AM

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts

Haha I saw this on NorCalEvo. I think it's pretty funny. I feel bad for the guy tho. His car costs upwards of 60k. I'd feel jipped if I were him. =\
Old 05-10-2006, 02:24 AM

Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by steve c,Apr 26 2006, 10:08 AM
And no wonder people like me put down clueless shitheads like you.
I've always wondered what Mr.C. does for a living and if he owns or did own an S2000 ?

Just curious

Quick Reply: aahahahahahahaha...this is hilarious