Car and Bike Talk Discussions and comparisons of cars and motorcycles of all makes and models.

91 nsx or..... your exisiting s2000?

Old 12-30-2003, 05:25 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

To all in this great debate. I just read of couple of posts and notice shift is a younger guy trying to get into med school. Now that I know that I would say to skip the NSX even teh S2K and get his education that he is striving for. I did not know shifts situation like some of you guys may have known personally. So in his case I would agree with you all that the NSX or any fairly expensive car may not be the best choice for him right now.

With that said, other people in a differnt situation should really not hesitate at looking into buying a used well taken care of NSX. Notice I always say well taken care of because there are a lot of bad examples of there out there just as there are great examples.

That is all I have to say. Enjoy your cars whatever they may be. I feel you guys are lucky to own such a great car like the S2000 just as I am to own an NSX. I think both the owners of NSXs and S2Ks often find themselves defending their cars a little harder mainly because we own cars that everyone else seems to love to hate. Not so much the S2000, but it seems more so with the NSX. Not saying you guys are hating on the NSX as I don't see that, but just in general. Most people who talk about our cars in negative ways never been in one much less drove one Happy holidays and take care I'll be sure to join the next debate when I see something interesting
Old 12-30-2003, 05:36 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by S2kChi-Town
Old 12-30-2003, 05:48 PM

Anyone in the St. Louis region wants to give us the schedule of events?

Angel
Old 12-30-2003, 06:29 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Z06-KILLR

2. I am not saying that since you don't autox you don't know jack...all I am trying to prove is that a lot more is determined by the driver's abilities than by the car...your 160-170 mph runs seem far fetch, I would like to see those skills placed on a situation where they can be compared to other drivers/cars...inferior by your standards.

Angel,

this is how it started, but now u want to auto-x. That will prove that i can go 160 to 170..not

check your pm and get back to me..
Old 12-30-2003, 06:32 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by S2kChi-Town
Originally posted by Z06-KILLR

2. I am not saying that since you don't autox you don't know jack...all I am trying to prove is that a lot more is determined by the driver's abilities than by the car...your 160-170 mph runs seem far fetch, I would like to see those skills placed on a situation where they can be compared to other drivers/cars...inferior by your standards.

Angel,

this is how it started, but now u want to auto-x. That will prove that i can go 160 to 170..not

check your pm and get back to me..
Still can't quote...probably can't drive either. I will pay your entry fee....what else do you want? LIke I said, you are too chicken to show your true abilities.

Your NSX taking the Gixxer 0-170??????????? ....now we are talking....Let's meet halfways....0-170, your NSX against the ol'gix....done deal!
Old 12-30-2003, 06:34 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Z06-KILLR

JP,

1. Thanks for quoting properly...it really is a lot easier to answer and have a good argument about whatever topic is at hand.

i'm glad your happy..i would think that you could remember what you just said.. i was just reply:when its one on one i don't but for u i did:
Old 12-30-2003, 06:35 PM

No way, don't do it. The nsx is an awesome car, but there are some very annoying "old car" details... the wheels, the seats look like my grandfather's living room couches. unless you intend to spend another 10k fixing it up, stick with the S
Old 12-30-2003, 07:16 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Chris thanks for the advice bro. Affording undergrad hasnt been too bad so far due to the folks. Looking at my expenses and income i felt that i would be able to afford an NSX. Especially the one i found and posted about. I've taken everyones posts into consideration. I will still go look at it. However, taking everything into consideration, this car is going to have to really win me over. Lets see what happens.
Old 12-30-2003, 07:25 PM

Originally posted by shift_9k
Chris thanks for the advice bro. Affording undergrad hasnt been too bad so far due to the folks. Looking at my expenses and income i felt that i would be able to afford an NSX. Especially the one i found and posted about. I've taken everyones posts into consideration. I will still go look at it. However, taking everything into consideration, this car is going to have to really win me over. Lets see what happens.
...and sorry about ing your post
Old 12-30-2003, 07:30 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Dont worry man, i dont mind.

Quick Reply: 91 nsx or..... your exisiting s2000?