Car and Bike Talk Discussions and comparisons of cars and motorcycles of all makes and models.

Which 90s sports car would you prefer to own?

Old 05-30-2011, 03:32 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

BMW's of the 90's had the worst looking interiors.

I'd go with a 1997 Toyota Supra TT 6 speed in white with no spoiler with tan leather.
Old 05-30-2011, 11:56 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by fishfryer
Regardless, the 530i had an awful interior; nothing to sing about.
It may have been simple by Jap standards where shagadelic carpet was used in places only a cizilized person would want leather ,
Are you some kind of a racist redneck or something? I do not like your tone of voice, or rather the diction. "Jap", "civilized" (correctly spelled, btw)...If a "civilized" person would want leather everywhere, that "civilized" person would have to pay more for it. Simpleton!

Also, the RX7 had leather/vinyl in "those" places.
Old 05-30-2011, 09:31 PM

Originally Posted by Steponme
Originally Posted by fishfryer' timestamp='1306752003' post='20630408
Regardless, the 530i had an awful interior; nothing to sing about.
It may have been simple by Jap standards where shagadelic carpet was used in places only a cizilized person would want leather ,
Are you some kind of a racist redneck or something? I do not like your tone of voice, or rather the diction. "Jap", "civilized" (correctly spelled, btw)...If a "civilized" person would want leather everywhere, that "civilized" person would have to pay more for it. Simpleton!

Also, the RX7 had leather/vinyl in "those" places.
Step, if there is a racist person on this forum it's you. You aren't a red neck, you are the Asian equivalent. Given how often you threw out racist comments in yoru first year here it's amazing you were allowed to stay. Hearing you cry racist smacks of some story about a wolf.
Old 05-31-2011, 12:55 AM

JDM Muscle of the 90's, yumm .

Just felt like I should share these, I love both of these cars

Old 05-31-2011, 02:27 AM

RX7, not even a close call. It is the only car to hold title of fastest JDM in the 280ps era other than the GT-R and NSX, when it got the bump in horsepower but before the release of the NA2 NSX-R. The entire design philosophy of the car is superior to the 300ZX. Even in the 255hp or so version it was competitive with the rest of the 280ps class, which the 300ZX sat near the bottom of. Its not a knock on the Z. That car was designed to deliver performance for the money using mostly conventional methods and some high 80's era tech. That is not the same as the RX7 which is really the culmination of many proprietary Mazda developments. The rotary engine had inferior power delivery but you got the best turn in of any front engine car in the class by far and great cornering speed considering the wheelbase. Its one of the few cars I would gladly accept the downsides of forced induction for.
Old 05-31-2011, 02:34 AM

Having owned a couple of FD's, they're great cars and I'd still own one if they weren't such a pain for upkeep/maintenance but I'd take the Z32tt. I have a 91 Z32 that was originally NA but we did a tt swap and while Z32 have their own set of quirks and aren't easy to work on it has been pretty rock solid and it's 500-600RWHP depending on boost settings etc. Also, I love the t-tops and the Z32 hooks up incredibly well.
Old 05-31-2011, 11:25 AM
Banned

Hearing you cry racist smacks of some story about a wolf.
Yes, about a wolf who used derogatory terms, such as Jap, etc. - much like what you've said in the past. Yes, only a "civilized" person would want leather in those places; however, "uncivilized" people, like the Japanese, whose nation consistently has ranked 1st and 2nd in the world in education for the past couple decades, would want carpet in those places (to save money), or opt for leather for more money. His statement is completely stupid. And the interior of the 530i looks like vomit, compared to the other cars'.
Old 05-31-2011, 02:47 PM

Yes, about a wolf who used derogatory terms, such as Jap, etc. - much like what you've said in the past. Yes, only a "civilized" person would want leather in those places; however, "uncivilized" people, like the Japanese, whose nation consistently has ranked 1st and 2nd in the world in education for the past couple decades, would want carpet in those places (to save money), or opt for leather for more money. His statement is completely stupid. And the interior of the 530i looks like vomit, compared to the other cars'.
When did I use the term "Jap"? How does his racist post justify your racists posts? If you are so enamored with Japan you are welcome to leave. We wouldn't miss a racist like you. I mean you were already kicked off this forum once...
Old 05-31-2011, 11:40 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by rockville
Originally Posted by Steponme' timestamp='1306869950' post='20634713

When did I use the term "Jap"? How does his racist post justify your racists posts? If you are so enamored with Japan you are welcome to leave. We wouldn't miss a racist like you. I mean you were already kicked off this forum once...
I'm sorry for being "enamored" with Japan. It is, after all, in my blood. I'm not a racist, but I don't care if you think I am one. The point still remains, his statement was stupid, and that he used unnecessary terms, including "civilized". The AP1 also had carpet on the center console, but why? The mfr did it that way to save a few bucks. Buyers could have chosen to upgrade to all leather in the 300ZX for more money (i.e. the 300ZX TT). The RX7 did not have carpets on the center console or dash.
Old 05-31-2011, 11:52 PM

Originally Posted by rockville' timestamp='1306882066' post='20635431
[quote name='Steponme' timestamp='1306869950' post='20634713']

I'm sorry for being "enamored" with Japan. It is, after all, in my blood. I'm not a racist, but I don't care if you think I am one. The point still remains, his statement was stupid, and that he used unnecessary terms, including "civilized". The AP1 also had carpet on the center console, but why? The mfr did it that way to save a few bucks. Buyers could have chosen to upgrade to all leather in the 300ZX for more money (i.e. the 300ZX TT). The RX7 did not have carpets on the center console or dash.
[/quote]

Step you have made a number of racist comments and some have been removed. You are hardly one to criticize others for stupid comments. You have had more than your fair share of those as well.

Ironically I agree with you regarding the 300ZX and I must say I wasn't impressed with the interior of that BMW.

BTW, why did you change user names? Or perhaps the better question is why are you afraid to tell us...

Quick Reply: Which 90s sports car would you prefer to own?