Car and Bike Talk Discussions and comparisons of cars and motorcycles of all makes and models.

5th Gen Prelude or Integra GS-R?

Old 12-23-2002, 05:58 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have been doing research with the insurance... the Integra will be alot more. This makes me want a Prelude or a new Celica...hmmm choices... I just test drove a Celica gt-s 6 sp and a GSR Integra...I liked the Celica more.
Old 12-23-2002, 08:10 PM

the celica is a great car, but a lot of people have blown motors by missing the 3-4 shift and stuffing it into 2nd... not a big deal if you're careful, and thankfully for those that have, Toyota has much better customer service (and service work in general) and will replace the motor under warranty.
Old 12-28-2002, 01:20 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by vtecskunk
[B]I dont know what all you have been smoking but a gsr seems much more nimble, lighter and will pull on a stock prelude.
Old 12-28-2002, 11:32 PM

it's as if you guys race cars as a full time job. i'll bet many dollars that 99.9 percent of the acura/honda car's life will be spent on public roads and both are solid daily drivers for single dudes.

exterior: prelude by a wide margin
interior: prelude by a wide margin
performance: they're both in the same class of performance and your car looks very nice typesh, but not close to as nice as the silver s spending track time with you
rice factor: much less suspectible w/ the prelude. too much of the ricer image with an integra.

i wouldn't mind having a prelude with the oem body kit lowered on a clean set of bbs type rims.

prelude by a wide margin.
Old 12-28-2002, 11:53 PM

performance: they're both in the same class of performance and your car looks very nice typesh, but not close to as nice as the silver s spending track time with you
If you will check his sig... he owns both...

And about the race car issue I would love to have a beater track car like a prelude/integra/miata to take to the track all the time, so yes some of us plan on spending lots of time on the track... not bling blinging around town like the rest of the crowd.
Old 12-29-2002, 08:25 AM

Damn i just realized that i was wrong the whole time..prelude is the best car ever god damn those shitty integras
Old 12-29-2002, 01:12 PM

Ahh the prelude. Yes I will not take my car to the track, most "hard" driving I will be doing is driving on the edge of town on the twisty roads. Performance wise...I will keep it stock except for rims. For the money that I spend on a Prelude, I can get a Celica GT-S. I still need to get out and test drive all the cars mentioned. Celica and Integra, I'll take the Celica. Prelude and RSX are yet to be determined.
Old 12-29-2002, 02:59 PM

I own an ITR but honestly, if I couldnt have found a new ITR, I would have gone with an electron blue Prelude. I think inside and out, the prelude is a more attractive car than the DC2 integras, even mine. But when it came to go time ( and I wasnt able to afford an S2000) I had to go with the better performing car.

On the other hand, I would really considar the RSX type S. The car is actually quite confortable as a daily driver and has many of the virtues of the prelude as well as of the Integra. Sure, it's heavier than the GS-R but it's got more hp, a great 6 speed tranny, and a interior that I would love to have compared to the spartan ITR interior that I have. Also, sure the type S is down on torque compared to the Prelude, but with it's lighter weight, higher redline, and 6 speed, it more than compensates. The exterior is questionable to some but I really like it so the loss of the double wishbone suspension is the only major performance aspect that I dont like but it's tuned well and for a daily driver, it's more than acceptable. The car gains great hp with mods and with new tires, the car is actually a quite competant handling, although not at the type R level. Just another option to consider.
Old 12-29-2002, 03:45 PM

Originally posted by XIB18c1
faster stock yes but in who cares about stock..when your talking about a integra

Ya, but when it comes down to it, the Integra is just a Civic... my brother had a prelude and my best friend had a Interga special edition, I would take the Prelude in every way.
Old 12-29-2002, 05:00 PM

If it was Type-R vs Prelude, than I would pick the Type-R. But GS-R vs Prelude is another story. I would (and did) pick Prelude over GS-R.

Quick Reply: 5th Gen Prelude or Integra GS-R?