Car and Bike Talk Discussions and comparisons of cars and motorcycles of all makes and models.

5th Gen Prelude or Integra GS-R?

Old 12-18-2002, 10:32 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

from the looks of your name id think you would be pretty biased to,..dont get me wrong the prelude is a nice car,but the feel of the integra is just im my opinion better.Theres no doubt in my mind that the b series engine is very strong and responds very well to modifications.My feeling is that an integra has more potential than a prelude. choose the gsr u wont regret it and u can always put your skis or snowboard in the roomy hatch.and be alot lighter than a heavy lude
Old 12-19-2002, 09:33 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

this question comes up over and over again... i have owned both an integra and a prelude. in my opinion there is no comparison. the 5th gen prelude is a more refined car in every way and a FASTER car too in stock form. imo the ONLY advantages the integra has are less weight and more aftermarket support.

for a relatively unbiased point of view from the non-ricer world, go read the december '99 car and driver comparison already referenced.
Old 12-19-2002, 12:41 PM

faster stock yes but in who cares about stock..when your talking about a integra
Old 12-19-2002, 01:11 PM

Originally posted by XIB18c1
faster stock yes but in who cares about stock..when your talking about a integra
Honestly you can make any car fast if you have the time and money to. If this comparison was talking about a ITR vs Prelude, I would definely pick the ITR, but Prelude vs GSR, I would pick the Prelude for sure.
Old 12-19-2002, 02:05 PM

well yes the itr is of course quicker lighter and alround better than a gsr ..but it is the same platform( same chasis) therefore equally as capable.Most tuners dont even spend time nor money devoloping on the prelude that must tell you something..might be about the weight or maybe the engine h22a..ok ill stop trying to convince everyone that the integra is better cause im a honda guy and i dont wanna come off as a prelude hater..either way the s2000 is bteer than both
Old 12-19-2002, 02:16 PM
Banned

I think both are good cars. The Lude may be better for a daily driver, but if you are going to track the car or enjoy the twisties, the GSR is the way to go.

How many Ludes do you see being raced professionally? How many Tegs???
Old 12-19-2002, 03:27 PM

Ummm.... the prelude is 2x the car the integra is as far as quality goes... I don't even know why the integra is an Acura to be honest. Also, who cares about the aftermarket..... by the time you make one of these gsr's as fast as some people here claim... you could have a much better car. In the aftermarket there are few... very few quality aftermarket parts that are made. Also I call bs on the sleeving deal. I think it has more to do with companines making pistons who use very little engineering designing their product and a lot more trial and error.

As far as the race thing goes... ever watch speedvision??? I see plenty of 5th gen preludes out racing... just because they aren't sponsored by realtime doesn't mean crap.

It would be nice to know if you plan on using it as a daily driver.
Old 12-19-2002, 04:05 PM

i think you dont know very much about the aftermarket for b series engines then.2 times the quality really id think that they are about on the same page as far as quaity goes. There are plenty of good tuners out ther for the b series engine to name some toda,mugen,spoon,jun and id say they are very good quality. As far as the money issue u could say that for a s2000 or any car,of course building a car for race takes money but thats not the point here. which car is more suitale for racing is my point and that answer is simply easy. I think it simply comes down to if you want a light wieght highreving sport compact or do u want a heavy more comfy daily driver.
Old 12-19-2002, 05:05 PM

Ok once again you offer a statement with no backing... Exactly why is it more suitable for racing. Can you describe qualities about the suspension geometry or otherwise to prove your point?? As far as tuners go there is quite an aftermarket for the h22 motor as well..... Since there is little difference in weight between the two engines i don't think the advantage is there. What exactly is the advantage to the b18.... can you name any??

The point is not simple... in any way whatsoever... a b18 motor can be built... so can an h22. You keep saying over and over that the gsr is more race capable but you are not naming anything particularly that makes it that way... (light weight and high reving are nonspecific things that both platforms have... remember.. you can remove weight fromt the prelude as well!)
Old 12-19-2002, 05:41 PM

Ill be truthull i dont have any solid facts that would show the gsr s advantage. I just know that from my experience of driving both i know which feels more suited for race. Asking for facts i see very little in your posts as well. And as far as loosing weight in the prelude yea its possible but why go through the troube when the gsr is aleady alot lighter. I dont want to argue just wanted to share my opinion of which car feels better to me ...maybe not for you...FOR ME...ok so go find your mathimatical facts and mak yourself happy

Quick Reply: 5th Gen Prelude or Integra GS-R?