Car and Bike Talk Discussions and comparisons of cars and motorcycles of all makes and models.

350zs are all over nowww

Old 07-10-2005, 02:29 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by steve c,Jul 9 2005, 08:51 PM
Case closed, you just proved you are an idiot.
Why do you say that?
Old 07-11-2005, 09:07 AM

Originally Posted by MrGTR,Jul 10 2005, 05:29 AM
Why do you say that?
Put the magzines back on the back of the toilet, flush, and go do something other than magazine race.

Fact is that a s2000 has better low speed handling and agility over the Z.
Fact is that the Z is more predictible at the limit and around high speed corners.
Fact is that both cars trap around 100mph.
Fact is that the Z accelerates harder than the s2000 above 100 mph.
Fact is that the s2000 is slow as sin with the top down.

To say that because you buy either car will make you faster than another car based on magazine times is plain stupid. There is probably a chick in a miata out there who could wax you in either car.

Morale of the story, buy what you like and leave the magazines on the toilets as someone running a test in a magazine beating another person's time in a different car has NO (ZERO) effect on the size of your e-peen.
Old 07-11-2005, 09:57 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Both are great cars. I don't understand all the heated discussion about which one is better which is is not. Quantitatively, the Z is more powerfull and can accelerate harder than the S. (come on, 3.5V6 vs 2.0 I-4). It is not a night and day difference though.

Chances are a good race car driver can drive either car and beat the other one driving by a lesser driver.

Does it really matter for general public's consumption? People who don't race their cars. Or maybe doing a few autocrosses a year...............

I'd say, if you like the Z and think is is better than the S. Cool. If you like the S and think the S is better than the Z. It is cool, too.

All these discussions are just pointless.
Old 07-12-2005, 02:14 PM

Originally Posted by MrGTR,Jul 9 2005, 07:05 PM
so what do you think the S and Z should be? Do you really think the S is equal to the Z on this type of course? Why doesn't the S run at the JGTC if it is that good?
Look, I think if you're going to compare lap times, you really should compare on the same day with the same driver. If you don't try to control all the variables (weather, driver skill, tires, etc.), your comparisons are not very useable.

I also don't think that because the s2000 is not in the JGTC is a valid argument for the superiority of one or the other. JGTC machines are dedicated race cars that share only the basic body (roof, pillars firewall, etc) and maybe the basic block from their production cousins. The placement of their engines is different, as well as a very liberal use of space-age materials. Though they are closer to their production cousins than a NASCAR "Taurus" is, they are still pretty far from the production world. I would tend to think that the reason 350zs are used in JCTC is because it is currently Nissans flagship sportscar and it lends itself to JGTC regulations better than the s2000.

Now, I actually admire what Nissan has done with the 350z. The fact that they were able to share components with other cars definitely helped reduce price and increase production. It means that more resources could be used for design, tuning, and other little things that make the car nicer. It means that Nissan can make a profit on the 350z, which guarantees (sp?) that the car will stay in production. However, sharing components has its compromises also. The car is heavier because its platform was also designed to be used in a sedan (G35 & M series), an SUV (FX series) and other future vehicles. And I guess it's less exclusive because there are more out there. But then again, as I stated earlier, it makes it more likely to stay in production.