Car and Bike Talk Discussions and comparisons of cars and motorcycles of all makes and models.

2021 Ford Bronco

Old 07-18-2020, 04:45 AM

Received 105 Likes on 82 Posts

Originally Posted by S2K_VS
Judging by the relatively new Ford F150 at my work with an eco boost engine, I very much doubt that.
Nothing wrong with being in the minority.
Old 07-19-2020, 08:31 AM

Received 111 Likes on 87 Posts

I saw an ad for jeep last night- they are currently offering 0% for 72 months with 90d no payments. Perhaps an attempt to unload old stock before the Bronco is available?
Old 07-19-2020, 03:41 PM

Received 170 Likes on 125 Posts

Originally Posted by rwheelz
I saw an ad for jeep last night- they are currently offering 0% for 72 months with 90d no payments. Perhaps an attempt to unload old stock before the Bronco is available?
nope, COVID promo. Almost all are doing this.

bronco isn’t going to change jeep sales much. Mark my words. FJ did nothing to them too.
Old 07-19-2020, 04:57 PM

Originally Posted by rob-2
nope, COVID promo. Almost all are doing this.

bronco isn’t going to change jeep sales much. Mark my words. FJ did nothing to them too.
Words have been marked. The difference is the Bronco is aimed squarely at the Wrangler. The FJ did not have removable doors or top. Nor did the Xterra. That's a big deal. The Bronco has heritage. This is going to put a big hurtin' on Wrangler sales. Head over to the Wrangler forums. Even those owners are chomping at the Bronco bit. It's already impacted Wrangler sales. I know lots of people in the market who now have put deposits on the Bronco and listing their Wranglers.
Old 07-19-2020, 06:48 PM

Received 170 Likes on 125 Posts

Originally Posted by ssbfgc
Words have been marked. The difference is the Bronco is aimed squarely at the Wrangler. The FJ did not have removable doors or top. Nor did the Xterra. That's a big deal. The Bronco has heritage. This is going to put a big hurtin' on Wrangler sales. Head over to the Wrangler forums. Even those owners are chomping at the Bronco bit. It's already impacted Wrangler sales. I know lots of people in the market who now have put deposits on the Bronco and listing their Wranglers.
let’s see how it plays out. I like the Branco but never wanted to own a Jeep for what that’s worth.

the forums haven’t been historically good sources of facts for sales.

FCA hasn’t responded yet to it.
Old 07-19-2020, 06:54 PM
Member (Premium)

Received 1,137 Likes on 1,013 Posts

Originally Posted by ssbfgc
Please define 'lots of people'.
Old 07-19-2020, 10:39 PM

Received 522 Likes on 400 Posts

Yeah I was amazed that even my jeep buddies are hot and bothered by the bronco. Their rigs are older and worn, but the new jeeps dont inspire confidence.
Old 07-20-2020, 06:07 AM

Received 427 Likes on 238 Posts

The Bronco and Wrangler are direct competitors. Anyone that wanted what the Wrangler offered had one choice, Wrangler. Now, the new kid is back on the block and it's looking good. There will be a significant number of conquest sales, enough to make FCA/Stellantis ( rolleyes) very concerned. The Wrangler is a huge cash cow for Stellanti.....I just can't do it....FCA, so losing tens of thousands of units conservatively to Bronco will hurt. Putting the 392 in will definitely help for people that like power since the top offering initially on the Bronco is a perfectly good 2.7L V6 turbo, but it's definitely not a barn stormer.

Anyway, competition will be very good for the category. When I did my Raptor Assault class in Utah a month or so back, I was lucky enough to get offered a Wrangler two door instead of my Corolla I had rented from Enterprise at the SLC airport. I told the lady whatever when she offered the Wrangler. I walk out there and it's a brand new Rubicon in red with the Turbo 4 cylinder. It was surprisingly fun and nice to drive. I even took it on some trails I drove the Raptor on after our class was over and, of course, it was way more capable than me. Such a blast.
The following users liked this post:
vader1 (07-20-2020)
Old 07-20-2020, 06:10 AM

Originally Posted by zdave87
Please define 'lots of people'.
I believe there is a pole on bronco6g where it's like 30% or so are current Wrangler owners. I would guess Wrangler sales (not including Covid) drop 20-30% over the next 15-20 months. I would define that as a lot for a vehicle that's dominated the segment for so long.
Old 07-20-2020, 06:19 AM

Originally Posted by QUIKAG
The Bronco and Wrangler are direct competitors. Anyone that wanted what the Wrangler offered had one choice, Wrangler. Now, the new kid is back on the block and it's looking good. There will be a significant number of conquest sales, enough to make FCA/Stellantis ( rolleyes) very concerned. The Wrangler is a huge cash cow for Stellanti.....I just can't do it....FCA, so losing tens of thousands of units conservatively to Bronco will hurt. Putting the 392 in will definitely help for people that like power since the top offering initially on the Bronco is a perfectly good 2.7L V6 turbo, but it's definitely not a barn stormer.

Anyway, competition will be very good for the category. When I did my Raptor Assault class in Utah a month or so back, I was lucky enough to get offered a Wrangler two door instead of my Corolla I had rented from Enterprise at the SLC airport. I told the lady whatever when she offered the Wrangler. I walk out there and it's a brand new Rubicon in red with the Turbo 4 cylinder. It was surprisingly fun and nice to drive. I even took it on some trails I drove the Raptor on after our class was over and, of course, it was way more capable than me. Such a blast.
Yes, my point exactly. If you want an adventurous vehicle (or any vehicle) with removable doors and top, you literally had one choice. People seem so dismissive of this critical point. There have been other capable off-road vehicles like the FJ, Xterra, 4runner, etc, but doors and top stay on. Is Jeep worried? I'd say so, considering on the Bronco release day they posted a 392 Wrangler (CONCEPT). Ford listened to the complaints of Jeep owners. The Wrangler hasn't really changed much since the inception of the JK in 2007. I'm thinking there will be some significant improvements in the next couple of years.

Yep, the 2 door is really fun. The 4 banger is inadequate (to me) for the 4 door though.

Quick Reply: 2021 Ford Bronco