Car and Bike Talk Discussions and comparisons of cars and motorcycles of all makes and models.

2021 Ford Bronco

Old 07-14-2020, 08:28 AM

Received 46 Likes on 37 Posts

I don’t off road for fun and have a 2013 FJ that is superior to the Wrangler In every way except for hard core off road

Convertible aspects of the new Bronk will be the big threat to the Jeep
Old 07-14-2020, 09:02 AM

Received 100 Likes on 73 Posts

I frankly didn't care about the Bronco at all until it was fully revealed, but I absolutely love it. The looks are spot-on in every trim (except the Sport, what a cash grab) and the features big and small are impressive and thoughtful. Home run if you ask me.
Old 07-14-2020, 09:58 AM

Received 281 Likes on 176 Posts
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by white98ls
I frankly didn't care about the Bronco at all until it was fully revealed, but I absolutely love it. The looks are spot-on in every trim (except the Sport, what a cash grab) and the features big and small are impressive and thoughtful. Home run if you ask me.
To be clear, the Sport isn't a trim. That's a completely different vehicle (based on the Escape) and it sucks. Pretty funny that right off the bat Ford would squander a bit of prestige of the Bronco name on that vehicle.

Overall I think the new Bronco looks great! More of a fan of what I see over a comparable Wrangler. Not in that market right now though.
Old 07-14-2020, 10:44 AM

Received 215 Likes on 148 Posts

My first thought after seeing it was 'hello FJ Cruiser', but since Toyota abandoned the space, its a welcome addition. The amount of customization available will win over a lot of Jeep folks, and overall its a unique looking vehicle, which is also great.

Both models look nice and I like how the side view mirrors are attached to the body not the doors - like, duh, Jeep.
The following users liked this post:
vader1 (07-20-2020)
Old 07-14-2020, 10:53 AM

Received 215 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by WolfpackS2k
To be clear, the Sport isn't a trim. That's a completely different vehicle (based on the Escape) and it sucks. Pretty funny that right off the bat Ford would squander a bit of prestige of the Bronco name on that vehicle.
i think Ford is just taking a page from FCA with down level unibody Jeeps like the Compass.

If you can't beat them, join them?
Old 07-14-2020, 11:49 AM

Received 105 Likes on 82 Posts

Originally Posted by gerry100
I don’t off road for fun and have a 2013 FJ that is superior to the Wrangler In every way except for hard core of road

Convertible aspects of the new Bronk will be the big threat to the Jeep
Let me know when you get your doors and top off of your FJ. Nothing beats going to the mall in my naked jacked up Wrangler. It's usually not clean so it's only 99% mall rated. If the FJ was that superior I don't think Toyota would've discontinued it. I guess the average consumer didn't speak with their wallet.

It's not just the convertible aspect, it's also the powa! Damn Pentastar is whimpy.
Old 07-14-2020, 03:38 PM

Received 105 Likes on 82 Posts

Originally Posted by rob-2
Jeep Gladiator was said to never sell, they're fetching mark ups.

Jeep folks are very loyal. I'm not saying the Branco won't sell. but yes, i'd love a 392 jeep that can go off roading. Tons of GC Trackhawks around here.
Gladiator sales are terrible. They’re just now getting some life into them. Are dealers charging ADM’s in your area? Lots of people are getting up to 7% off invoice nationwide. Any dealer with ADM’s will be sitting on those. The loyal Jeep folks are dying off. There is no such thing as loyalty in this day and age. Tons of people are dropping their Wranglers for the new Bronco.
Old 07-14-2020, 03:59 PM

Received 118 Likes on 68 Posts

I am not an SUV guy. I really don't care for them, yet I really want one of these.

Also, that rail across the dash for holding cell phones and whatnot is pure genius.
The following users liked this post:
WolfpackS2k (07-15-2020)
Old 07-14-2020, 05:04 PM
Member (Premium)

Received 438 Likes on 308 Posts

I like it a lot. DOn't know if I will be in the market for a new one. I WILL buy a utility vehicle at some point in the next 8 years but it will have to have the ability to have a front trailer hitch so I can put a snow plow on it for our 100+ yard driveway. I do it with an ATV easliy now, but would rather be doing it in a heated vehicle when I am older.

With that said, I really like the Wrangler and would love one of those. I think the best thing about this Bronco is it looks like a really cool vehicle and will finally bring some competition to the Jeep which is great for the consumer. Prices asked on Jeeps are retarded, and this will only force them back to reality. Now if Chevy would build something in this niche too instead of bringing back a super lame attempt at the Blazer.......
Old 07-14-2020, 05:10 PM

Received 111 Likes on 87 Posts

Honestly I don't find anything about this vehicle appealing. I am also not interested in off-roading or driving an SUV, so clearly not a part of the target market. It looks cheap and plasticky IMO.

Quick Reply: 2021 Ford Bronco