Car and Bike Talk Discussions and comparisons of cars and motorcycles of all makes and models.

2016 Viper ACR to be priced at $117,895

Old 05-18-2015, 11:45 AM

Received 24 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by mosesbotbol
Originally Posted by ealand0001' timestamp='1431974054' post='23616688
[quote name='mosesbotbol' timestamp='1431974023' post='23616686']
The ACR will make you the butt of every woman's jokes. "Compensating for something?"
married, 4 kids, it works fine, don't care.
So, I guess you know what their jokes are about? Compensating can mean a lot of things...
[/quote]

Yeah, duh...everyone knows what the super clever jokes are about. I don't know how else to explain it, but I and others do not care. If you do care..that's fine don't buy one. solved.

also, being a db about what people buy or why buy isn't really the buyers issue. I dont' drive my viper on the street like an ahole, but it looks crazy. If people think i'm a db or have a small penis because of that....i'm not sure there is anything i can care less about.
Old 05-18-2015, 11:49 AM

Received 118 Likes on 68 Posts

I can't think of any group of people whose opinion means less to me than women.
Old 05-18-2015, 12:46 PM
Community Organizer
Community Organizer

Received 46 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by Mr.E.G.
I can't think of any group of people whose opinion means less to me than women.
Or anyone's opinion really. If I am behind the wheel of a Viper ACR, that sits in my garage, pretty much no one else's thoughts on the matter are relevant. And probably can't be heard over the wail of the V10 under the hood.
Old 05-22-2015, 04:52 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Here we have the 2016 Viper ACR! It is the fastest manual car around a track, has FUNCTIONAL aero bits and is a true giant killer.

Yet we have people stating how foolish it would be driving around a car with a huge wing and etc.

Yet one look at a few S2000s on here would yield crazy wings on non tracked cars even more foolish are the cars with pink, blue or green wheels. I mean what the heck is that about???

The point is drive what you like and STOP worrying what other people think! That Viper is a beast and I would drive the heck out of it while getting laughed at by those with varying opinions without a care!!
Old 05-22-2015, 05:22 AM

Received 121 Likes on 96 Posts

Originally Posted by My R2
Here we have the 2016 Viper ACR! It is the fastest manual car around a track, has FUNCTIONAL aero bits and is a true giant killer.

Yet we have people stating how foolish it would be driving around a car with a huge wing and etc.

Yet one look at a few S2000s on here would yield crazy wings on non tracked cars even more foolish are the cars with pink, blue or green wheels. I mean what the heck is that about???
Those cars with big wings, etc...are just as juvenile and tacky. No different than the ACR.
Old 05-22-2015, 05:40 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

How does it compare to the Nismo GTR? I saw one a couple days ago at a Nissan event stickered at an eye watering 165k. What happened to "bargain supercar"?
Old 05-22-2015, 05:45 AM

The only people that care to comment about what someone chooses to drive, with things like they are "compensating", are deep down jealous that they don't have the luxury or means to do so. I find it funny that we are in a car forum with mostly enthusiasts and there is still judgement.
Old 05-22-2015, 05:53 AM

Originally Posted by My R2' timestamp='1432299169' post='23621575

Those cars with big wings, etc...are just as juvenile and tacky. No different than the ACR.
Juvenile and tacky....I guess we disagree and that is cool. Tacky I can see that as a legitimate point. Some people think a wing on any car is ugly and as big as the ACR's wing is probably may make it more than ugly to some.

Juvenile is putting a large wing on an Accord or Corolla. Someone, usually a young someone, thinks its cool and adds a wing on a car that is less sporty than a semi-truck. The wing's sole purpose is to look cool and serves NO other function, other than look juvenile, IMO.

The ACR's wing serves a huge purpose as it is a TRACK monster! So tacky maybe...juvenile...nope!
Old 05-22-2015, 07:13 AM

Originally Posted by rnye
How does it compare to the Nismo GTR? I saw one a couple days ago at a Nissan event stickered at an eye watering 165k. What happened to "bargain supercar"?
On a dry day nothing will touch the acr unless it's costs a million or more and assuming you can drive a high hp, rwd, manual.
Old 05-22-2015, 07:16 AM

Originally Posted by My R2' timestamp='1432299169' post='23621575

If you don't like it just shut up about it. You aren't gonna buy it, you don't like it...cool. Noted. Now go talk about something you like and leave the people that do like the car alone. You are adding nothing. Congrats.

When we all write our memoirs we won't be confused about whether mosesbotbol liked the 2016 acr or not. Clear as bottled water.

If you want, let me know where you live, then when I get the car I'll drive by and you can smirk to yourself and call me a douche. I'm happy to oblige.

Quick Reply: 2016 Viper ACR to be priced at $117,895