Car and Bike Talk Discussions and comparisons of cars and motorcycles of all makes and models.

2015 turbo Civic!

Old 09-11-2013, 05:08 AM

Received 28 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by woodburn
Originally Posted by Elistan' timestamp='1378845023' post='22771512
I'm only interested in this car in so far as it can make me depressed about how Honda failed to continue developing the S2000.
S2000 is not the holy grail of honda. It was the type r line and NSX. The s2000 was a great car but don't hold your breath. It didn't make honda any money and you can't blame them for pulling it.
The relative ranking of those cars is up to personal opinion. What's not debatable, however, is Honda isn't selling ANY of them right now. All the more reason to be heartbroken.

(Although it's encouraging that they've been promoting the new NSX rather heavily. Unfortunately, the rumored price puts it out of my range. Here's to hoping that they're developing an S2000 replacement at the same time...)
Old 09-11-2013, 05:51 AM

Received 215 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by deepbluejh
So a >275HP, FWD Civic Type R.

Interesting...

Let's hope it's not as ugly as the concept car though.
I have yet to drive a high-powered FWD car that I actually enjoyed driving hard.

It's cool that Honda is sticking a turbo in a Civic, but it is taking the cheap route to sportiness and many would prefer a real sports car from the company.
Old 09-11-2013, 07:18 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ninjajwl
Originally Posted by Sebring AP1' timestamp='1378864102' post='22771957

From a performance standpoint, it is if you want a fast RWD car. It bests its older brother on track, too.

Now however, no. The Mugen RR civic takes that throne if stock, but mod for mod the S2000 is still Honda's best performing car. I don't want to point to the highest level of T/A to show how frequently the S2000 bests the more expensive NSX.

Lets hope if this car is a big success some of the development trickles down to the RWD successor of our little roadster
Do tell... I'd love to see some evidence to this claim.

I love S2000's, but there's no denying that a car that weighs only 100 pounds more, has more power, more torque, a set up built for road racing, should be able to hold its own against the S2000. As a disclaimer, the NSX is by no means fast by today's standard, but it's definitely a car built for the track with top end speed.

I'm sure the Mugen RR would have no trouble lapping some tracks faster than the NSX just because of newer tire technology.

Not a problem - no where in my post did I say the stock S2000 was faster than the stock NSX (insert whatever model)

I don't need to show you the T/A cars that place in the top category for RWD in Japan every event. The S2000 and rx7 best the nsx many times over. This is not new. The nsx is a great car, I feel the S2000 is a better performer (and gets better once you factor in the cost) and offers a better driving experience. If you disagree with my subjective opinion I can live with that. I won't lose sleep over it.
Old 09-11-2013, 07:36 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm waiting for the "FWD? They should make it AWD and be less that $20K" comments. I guess this is better late then never for Honda.
Old 09-11-2013, 07:50 AM

Received 215 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by Sebring AP1
I don't need to show you the T/A cars that place in the top category for RWD in Japan every event. The S2000 and rx7 best the nsx many times over. This is not new. The nsx is a great car, I feel the S2000 is a better performer (and gets better once you factor in the cost) and offers a better driving experience. If you disagree with my subjective opinion I can live with that. I won't lose sleep over it.
The S2000 is a better car than the NSX if you ask me. 98% the performance at 30% the price, plus S2000s are more fun to drive.

So many people put the NSX on a pedestal - it was great for what it was in the 90s, then Honda presented the S2000...
Old 09-11-2013, 08:35 AM

Received 410 Likes on 305 Posts

Yes I would be happier if it had SH-AWD and was in a 3dr config. It would be my next car and I'd pay 30k for it. let's just hope they change their minds and bring it here.
Old 09-11-2013, 08:48 AM

Received 33 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by Saki GT
The S2000 is a better car than the NSX if you ask me. 98% the performance at 30% the price, plus S2000s are more fun to drive.

So many people put the NSX on a pedestal - it was great for what it was in the 90s, then Honda presented the S2000...
I completely agree... and that's not to take anything away from the NSX, I love that car. I just think the S2K is the better package and a more enjoyable driving experience.

Shame we're getting to the point now though where the civic has more power than an S2000 Oh well, I love my S2K regardless
Old 09-11-2013, 09:22 AM

Originally Posted by Sebring AP1
Not a problem - no where in my post did I say the stock S2000 was faster than the stock NSX (insert whatever model)

Comparing modified cars is a bit of a silly argument. There are so many different classes and categories for the trials that it's almost impossible to compare. You have the standard street classes all the way up to JGTC. We can sit here armchair racing all day, but I'm really not sure where you are drawing your information from or what benchmark you're using.

That being said, I won't disagree that the S2000 offers an arguably better experience with the gearbox and convertible top alone. But that is a very subjective argument.
Old 09-11-2013, 10:17 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ninjajwl
Originally Posted by Sebring AP1' timestamp='1378912689' post='22772645

Comparing modified cars is a bit of a silly argument. There are so many different classes and categories for the trials that it's almost impossible to compare. You have the standard street classes all the way up to JGTC. We can sit here armchair racing all day, but I'm really not sure where you are drawing your information from or what benchmark you're using.

That being said, I won't disagree that the S2000 offers an arguably better experience with the gearbox and convertible top alone. But that is a very subjective argument.
I think comparing stock cars is a bit of a silly argument. Most enthusiasts don't leave them that way for long anyhow. Especially enthusiasts who track their cars.

When I frequent the track I can't recall how rarely I see a genuinely "stock" car. You want to do bolt on basics for S2000 vs NSX? I'll put money on the S2000 everytime.
Old 09-11-2013, 03:26 PM

[quote name='Sebring AP1' timestamp='1378923427'

I think comparing stock cars is a bit of a silly argument. Most enthusiasts don't leave them that way for long anyhow. Especially enthusiasts who track their cars.

When I frequent the track I can't recall how rarely I see a genuinely "stock" car. You want to do bolt on basics for S2000 vs NSX? I'll put money on the S2000 everytime.
[/quote]

Stating that modified car X is faster than modified car Y is a slippery slope because you can easily build a faster miata with a ton of boost for the price of either car. Without any examples, your statement has no substance and it sounds like you're just pulling information out of thin air.

I don't know how much track experience you have or what events you have attended, but there are plenty of stock cars at the NASA events I've attended. Anyway, don't want to beat a dead horse here. There are already topics on this.

On topic: Turbo Civic would be great.

Quick Reply: 2015 turbo Civic!