Car and Bike Talk Discussions and comparisons of cars and motorcycles of all makes and models.

2015 Civic Type R prototype spotted in the U.S.

Old 01-24-2015, 09:42 PM

Received 410 Likes on 305 Posts

If it was SH-awd I'd be doing backflips.
Old 01-25-2015, 06:48 AM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

10 years late to the game
Old 01-25-2015, 08:49 AM

Received 104 Likes on 76 Posts

i would buy one as a dd.
Old 01-25-2015, 01:00 PM

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

First they said it's not even coming and that was the excuse to hate on it. Now if it does actually come to the us they will say it's too late. Same with the nsx, they will hate on it till the media praises it beyond there ability to justify the hate. This is how car talk works. I happens with every new thing. Just hangout here for a few and you'll see the same people saying the same things over and over.
Old 01-25-2015, 01:03 PM

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by bruthaboost
Originally Posted by MegaTRon' timestamp='1422142392' post='23480299
How come no one else is excited about this???!? I was looking into purchasing a fit but if Honda brings the civic hatchback to the U.S., I will definitely wait for it.
Not sure if these two would be cross shopped, but the Focus RS has my attention. Additionally, I'm happy Honda is entering the market, but the idea of a hot turbo 4 pot hatch is nothing new (last model wrx, focus st, previous mazdaspeed3). Also, I remember the Integra Type R days and all the theft/vandalism. I had a turbo 'teg that was victimized. This seems like a probable target for plenty of hater attention and I'm to old to tolerate that again.
Your not even reading about the car in question. The focus? Did you not know this is supposed to be the fastest fed car ever made? Did you not know if this does come to our shores it will demolish everything we have on this market?
Old 01-25-2015, 01:08 PM

Received 170 Likes on 125 Posts

Originally Posted by woodburn
First they said it's not even coming and that was the excuse to hate on it. Now if it does actually come to the us they will say it's too late. Same with the nsx, they will hate on it till the media praises it beyond there ability to justify the hate. This is how car talk works. I happens with every new thing. Just hangout here for a few and you'll see the same people saying the same things over and over.
For someone like me who has been wanting to buy a Honda for years it's just to late. I am not hating just saying they are behind the curve now. The domestics are roaring back and Honda isn't...

I used to own exclusively Honda products.
Old 01-25-2015, 01:47 PM
Gold Member (Premium)Member (Premium)

Received 65 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by bruthaboost' timestamp='1422147222' post='23480395
[quote name='MegaTRon' timestamp='1422142392' post='23480299']
How come no one else is excited about this???!? I was looking into purchasing a fit but if Honda brings the civic hatchback to the U.S., I will definitely wait for it.
Not sure if these two would be cross shopped, but the Focus RS has my attention. Additionally, I'm happy Honda is entering the market, but the idea of a hot turbo 4 pot hatch is nothing new (last model wrx, focus st, previous mazdaspeed3). Also, I remember the Integra Type R days and all the theft/vandalism. I had a turbo 'teg that was victimized. This seems like a probable target for plenty of hater attention and I'm to old to tolerate that again.
Your not even reading about the car in question. The focus? Did you not know this is supposed to be the fastest fed car ever made? Did you not know if this does come to our shores it will demolish everything we have on this market?
[/quote]

I'm guessing tongue in cheek??

I'm not hating on Honda at all. I presently own two of their products and cut my teeth on the B-series back in the day. I always welcome enthusiast vehicles, but I'm not going to go all fanboi over it just because it has a hair dryer attached to the exhaust manifold.
Old 01-26-2015, 07:02 AM

Received 410 Likes on 305 Posts

They are extremely late to the game. What's the saying? A day late and a dollar short.

You get bent out of shape at those who don't worship at the alter of Honda, like you do. They did it to themselves.
Old 01-26-2015, 07:21 AM

Received 95 Likes on 64 Posts

Best case of course, is if the actual CTR comes over. second best is if the Si gets the exact CTR engine, third best is if the civic just gets a slightly detuned CTR engine. I'm hoping for the best case, of course. No i'm not in the market for 'the fastest FWD car' but I think it'll be a great move for Honda to make considering they are trying to get sporty again with the new NSX. And if those rumors about the engine parts possibly making their way to the CR-Z are true, it would be a good news because the car could definitely use some oomph and has been a disappointment in everything except for the looks department since it's announcement as a "sports" hybrid.

Compared to the Focus RS? the RS will be AWD right? pretty sure the RS will be a beast and very hard to beat... but looking past comparisons, let's just be happy for Honda making steps in the right direction.
Old 01-27-2015, 05:03 PM
Community Organizer
Community Organizer

Received 46 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by TommyDeVito
Originally Posted by woodburn' timestamp='1422223214' post='23481030
They are extremely late to the game. What's the saying? A day late and a dollar short.

You get bent out of shape at those who don't worship at the alter of Honda, like you do. They did it to themselves.
Tommy is always so angry with Honda it's like they kicked his puppy and he can't forgive them...

Quick Reply: 2015 Civic Type R prototype spotted in the U.S.