Car and Bike Talk Discussions and comparisons of cars and motorcycles of all makes and models.

2014 Camaro Z28

Old 01-07-2014, 10:25 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by TheDonEffect

Frankly, you could park a v6 mustang with all that charismatic additions and they would say the same thing. It's not like they're running up to it and saying "woah, a boss 302, these things have <insert stat jocky stuff>"
No doubt it's cool, and I'm sure people will look at the Z28 admiringly, but it doesn't mean that it will be a point of obsession for collector later down the road. Take the shelbys from the 60s, during the 60s the mustang was the it car, everyone wanted one, they sold out everywhere, and many people aspired to own one. The Shelby was the best of the bunch, even if it was a slow seller at the time. The camaro of today falls on a polarizing crowd, some like it, some hate it, and camaro isn't exactly having trouble meeting demand. Back in those days, nascar and transam were important, and obscure cars like the roadrunner did well, so when those who grew up in that era finally got some money they were able to enjoy the things that captivated them when they were younger. I imagine in the future, people of our generation will be pining over rally and drift cars, or people from the 80s will drool over groupe B cars, etc etc.
Of course I can be absolutely wrong, but future collectibility is based on enthusiasm today.
Frankly, I question how often you actually talk to female peoples about anything deeper than the weather. I'd guess never, based on your post. I can understand why they'd avoid you, given that.

Considering your focus on "collectibility" of a car a guy bought to drive. Maybe you are the kind of person who only thinks of hard parking a Boss 302. And so maybe you are the best person to comment on the car. But possibly there are people out there who buy the car to drive and really don't GAF about your position on the "collectibility" of their particular choice. In that case your interpretations of their observations is coming from so far off base it's amusing.

Obviously you think your own prejudices give you a far better insight into people you've never even seen than the poster who has actually interacted with these people. Which calls into question your sanity. WTF are you thinking?!?
Old 01-07-2014, 10:42 PM

Received 522 Likes on 400 Posts

Originally Posted by NuncoStr8
Originally Posted by TheDonEffect' timestamp='1389160107' post='22954933

Frankly, you could park a v6 mustang with all that charismatic additions and they would say the same thing. It's not like they're running up to it and saying "woah, a boss 302, these things have <insert stat jocky stuff>"
No doubt it's cool, and I'm sure people will look at the Z28 admiringly, but it doesn't mean that it will be a point of obsession for collector later down the road. Take the shelbys from the 60s, during the 60s the mustang was the it car, everyone wanted one, they sold out everywhere, and many people aspired to own one. The Shelby was the best of the bunch, even if it was a slow seller at the time. The camaro of today falls on a polarizing crowd, some like it, some hate it, and camaro isn't exactly having trouble meeting demand. Back in those days, nascar and transam were important, and obscure cars like the roadrunner did well, so when those who grew up in that era finally got some money they were able to enjoy the things that captivated them when they were younger. I imagine in the future, people of our generation will be pining over rally and drift cars, or people from the 80s will drool over groupe B cars, etc etc.
Of course I can be absolutely wrong, but future collectibility is based on enthusiasm today.
Frankly, I question how often you actually talk to female peoples about anything deeper than the weather. I'd guess never, based on your post. I can understand why they'd avoid you, given that.

Considering your focus on "collectibility" of a car a guy bought to drive. Maybe you are the kind of person who only thinks of hard parking a Boss 302. And so maybe you are the best person to comment on the car. But possibly there are people out there who buy the car to drive and really don't GAF about your position on the "collectibility" of their particular choice. In that case your interpretations of their observations is coming from so far off base it's amusing.

Obviously you think your own prejudices give you a far better insight into people you've never even seen than the poster who has actually interacted with these people. Which calls into question your sanity. WTF are you thinking?!?

Wow. I subscribe to the notion that cars are meant to be driven and not be investments (with exceptions of course). If you read the progression of the thread you'd see why I made the points I did.
As far as women go, I apparently talk to more of then than you since most can't tell the difference between a boss and a v6 mustang besides reading the words on the side, let alone tell you what makes the car special. Again there are exceptions but the ones I talk to, arguably unfortunately for me, seem to know more about make up primer than car paint primer (blew my mind that such a thing exists) let alone that the boss had a forged crank.
Old 01-07-2014, 11:11 PM

Received 39 Likes on 16 Posts

i would guess there will be plenty of "leftovers" at deep discounts... for $50k it might be a fun ride...
Old 01-08-2014, 01:56 AM

Originally Posted by FurY
Originally Posted by Chris S' timestamp='1388993690' post='22951513
Chevy finally announced the price - $75K w/ no A/C or stereo. As much as I'd like rear seats, it makes the C7 Z51 seem like a great value by comparison. What do y'all think?
Couldn't agree more... I can't for the life of me see why anyone would go with the Z/28 when you have the C7 package available...
Yeah, I can't imagine why anyone would ever spend $75K for a car with back seats. Just plain stupid, those people who don't exist, wanting back seats and all and having money to spend. I say they don't exist and if they do I'm gonna deny it. Just look at Mercedes and BMW, never selling cars with more than two seats at that price point. If they can't do it, there is no way in hell GM can.
Old 01-08-2014, 05:20 AM

Received 281 Likes on 176 Posts

Does the Z/28 actually have a back seat? I thought it was removed for weight savings.
Old 01-08-2014, 06:25 AM

Is the car worth 75K? Given that it offers performance (as measured by it's Nurburgring lap time) equal to or better than cars costing significantly more, I'd say yes and I bet there at last 4000 people that agree with me.

Do people under 50 car about these cars? If my experience with my Boss 302 is any guide, yes they do. People of all ages love the Boss 302. If you drove around in a 1969 Boss 302 or Z/28, you'd get a similar or greater positive reaction despite the fact their performance is surpassed by a V6 Camry.

Would people know the difference if Boss 302 stickers were put on a V6 Mustang? Most people wouldn't know the difference, but the same could be said of putting a wing and GT3 stickers on a regular 911. Does that make a real GT3 any less valuable?
Old 01-08-2014, 06:37 AM

Received 281 Likes on 176 Posts

Originally Posted by ElTianti
Is the car worth 75K? Given that it offers performance (as measured by it's Nurburgring lap time) equal to or better than cars costing significantly more, I'd say yes and I bet there at last 4000 people that agree with me.
TRUE, except....Chevy already sells a car, for less money, that outperforms it. It's hard to argue against that inconvenient fact.
Old 01-08-2014, 06:43 AM

Originally Posted by TheDonEffect
Originally Posted by NuncoStr8' timestamp='1389165941' post='22954998
[quote name='TheDonEffect' timestamp='1389160107' post='22954933']

Wow. I subscribe to the notion that cars are meant to be driven and not be investments (with exceptions of course). If you read the progression of the thread you'd see why I made the points I did.
As far as women go, I apparently talk to more of then than you since most can't tell the difference between a boss and a v6 mustang besides reading the words on the side, let alone tell you what makes the car special. Again there are exceptions but the ones I talk to, arguably unfortunately for me, seem to know more about make up primer than car paint primer (blew my mind that such a thing exists) let alone that the boss had a forged crank.
[/quote]

Mr. Doneffect. I think you might be wasting your breathe with this person. It appears they are playing the internet psychologist, I can change you game.

any of us can play internet psychologist NuncoStr8 and make assumptions about the forum members and be overly sarcastic. I've seen a lot of your posts and they most certainly stand out. Congrads!!! Many of us don't play internet psychologist because that generally leads to people feeling attacked directly rather than having a real conversation/debate/argument/discussion about a topic. I'll play though.. .

Fact - You comment harshly on peoples opinions but you don't post sources for your opinions/assumptions, so you are sort of contradicting yourself and playing the part of a hypocrite quite well. What's that other term or phrase for people that do that a lot because they love to be overly expressive? "Dogmatic" on yeah, I can use the internet!

As you can read your own posts and my current reply, it comes off pretty harsh given that we are supposed to be talking about cars, not our character, but I'm guessing that's just a normal way of conversation for you Mr. NuncoStr8.

Now that you've made your mark - I'm sure all of us here on this forum are trueley sorry and regretfull that we write our opinions in posts and put them in realist speak and make generalizations from time to time. How dare we not type as if we were making a Presidential announcement. I know a women's rights activist that is a female, and my girlfriends best friend, and she gets less bent out of shape than you it appears. That's sort of amazing to me since your profile says you are "male"??

You've made an interesting choice in places to try to change man-kind. I'd estimate that nobody is going to read what you write and say to themselves "I should change" Get some sleep b/c it looks like you've been posting around the clock.

but you are right... I am wrong

you might want to find yourself here instead of car forums http://www.psychforums.com/asperger-...opic83360.html
and read this http://www.marcandangel.com/2013/10/...bout-yourself/

Cheers,

Berny2435, PhD Internet Psychologist

oh yeah, I forgot to post on topic. The Z/28 looks like it will have some minimalistic back seats but that's just a guess cuz it's hard to tell from the pictures. For 75K, I think it should have something well designed back there.
http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/...79343137207106
Old 01-08-2014, 07:07 AM

Received 33 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by NuncoStr8
Originally Posted by FurY' timestamp='1389028660' post='22952080
[quote name='Chris S' timestamp='1388993690' post='22951513']
Chevy finally announced the price - $75K w/ no A/C or stereo. As much as I'd like rear seats, it makes the C7 Z51 seem like a great value by comparison. What do y'all think?
Couldn't agree more... I can't for the life of me see why anyone would go with the Z/28 when you have the C7 package available...
Yeah, I can't imagine why anyone would ever spend $75K for a car with back seats. Just plain stupid, those people who don't exist, wanting back seats and all and having money to spend. I say they don't exist and if they do I'm gonna deny it. Just look at Mercedes and BMW, never selling cars with more than two seats at that price point. If they can't do it, there is no way in hell GM can.
[/quote]

Are you really that desperate for attention that you took the time to make a post so pointless?

Originally Posted by berny2435
Mr. Doneffect. I think you might be wasting your breathe with this person. It appears they are playing the internet psychologist, I can change you game.

any of us can play internet psychologist NuncoStr8 and make assumptions about the forum members and be overly sarcastic. I've seen a lot of your posts and they most certainly stand out. Congrads!!! Many of us don't play internet psychologist because that generally leads to people feeling attacked directly rather than having a real conversation/debate/argument/discussion about a topic. I'll play though.. .

Fact - You comment harshly on peoples opinions but you don't post sources for your opinions/assumptions, so you are sort of contradicting yourself and playing the part of a hypocrite quite well. What's that other term or phrase for people that do that a lot because they love to be overly expressive? "Dogmatic" on yeah, I can use the internet!

As you can read your own posts and my current reply, it comes off pretty harsh given that we are supposed to be talking about cars, not our character, but I'm guessing that's just a normal way of conversation for you Mr. NuncoStr8.

Now that you've made your mark - I'm sure all of us here on this forum are trueley sorry and regretfull that we write our opinions in posts and put them in realist speak and make generalizations from time to time. How dare we not type as if we were making a Presidential announcement. I know a women's rights activist that is a female, and my girlfriends best friend, and she gets less bent out of shape than you it appears. That's sort of amazing to me since your profile says you are "male"??

You've made an interesting choice in places to try to change man-kind. I'd estimate that nobody is going to read what you write and say to themselves "I should change" Get some sleep b/c it looks like you've been posting around the clock.

but you are right... I am wrong

you might want to find yourself here instead of car forums http://www.psychforums.com/asperger-...opic83360.html
and read this http://www.marcandangel.com/2013/10/...bout-yourself/

Cheers,

Berny2435, PhD Internet Psychologist

oh yeah, I forgot to post on topic. The Z/28 looks like it will have some minimalistic back seats but that's just a guess cuz it's hard to tell from the pictures. For 75K, I think it should have something well designed back there.
http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/...79343137207106

Thank you... this guy is clearly on SpudRacer's team.
Old 01-08-2014, 12:55 PM

Received 522 Likes on 400 Posts

Originally Posted by ElTianti
Do people under 50 car about these cars? If my experience with my Boss 302 is any guide, yes they do. People of all ages love the Boss 302. If you drove around in a 1969 Boss 302 or Z/28, you'd get a similar or greater positive reaction despite the fact their performance is surpassed by a V6 Camry.

Would people know the difference if Boss 302 stickers were put on a V6 Mustang? Most people wouldn't know the difference, but the same could be said of putting a wing and GT3 stickers on a regular 911. Does that make a real GT3 any less valuable?

We can debate the social impact a 2012+ mustang has vs. a 1965-1970 mustang during their time of offerings, I personally didn't live in the 60s but from what I've read, the Mustang was a huge hit, people shopped for one of those like how people waited in line for the new iphone. Given the lackluster sales of the mustang today, I'd say the social impact in the 60s was far and away bigger. I also see alot of posters of those cars around everywhere. Then there was the added mystique created by films like Gone in 60 Seconds (the original) and Bullitt. Kids and some 20 somethings today aren't as rabid in desire for a mustang as they were in the 60s. I bring this up not to argue whether or not your boss is a good car, I think it's a great car in fact, I'm simply just questioning its collectibility in the future since being rare alone isn't enough to make a car worth 50-100x more in the future like say an all original Shelby GT500KR from the 60s since you have other somewhat rare cars like the AMC AMX Pierre Cardin. There has to be a strong base of desire with enough people to drive up the price, and I just don't see it with your stang and the camaro. Of course, I can be completely wrong, and 50 years is a long time from now, but most kids I know these days, while yes they love cars, they don't obsess about them like we did, I mean just look at the trends.
In regards to the differences between a v6 stang and yadda yadda, I just merely pointing out that those kids are more admiring a car that stands out in a sea of accords and camrys vs the fact that woah, it's a friggin boss 302. Doesn't prove that they aspire to own one, and odds are given sales trends for <30 year olds, they won't. Somehow, I feel car admiring kids in the 60s and 70s kinda knew the difference between a 289 mustang and a shelby gt500, and probably had a poster on their wall.
Again, alot of assumptions on my part, but a large reason why muscle cars command the money they do now is usually traced to one core principle: nostalgia, whether it was reliving the glory years, or fulfilling a goal/dream/etc. From that sparks the demand, desireability, rarity, the pricing, and all the other investment talk, etc etc.

Quick Reply: 2014 Camaro Z28