Car and Bike Talk Discussions and comparisons of cars and motorcycles of all makes and models.

2014 Camaro Z28

Old 01-06-2014, 10:10 PM

Received 522 Likes on 400 Posts

75k. Wow.

Rockville, interesting point on the collectibility and potential resale value but cars like the vette you were talking about were highly sought after and what's driving prices of certain cars in that generation were their overall desirability of those cars during that era. Take the amc amx, rare car and relatively good for it's time, And not the worst looker but a dime a dozen 68 camaro is worth more. I don't see kids hanging posters of that z28 on their walls nor do I see <30 year olds aspiring to own one someday and therefore driving up prices of these oin the future. I can see a championship white all original low mile mint Condition type r being worth more in the future. Or a supra.
Old 01-07-2014, 04:50 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by TheDonEffect
75k. Wow.

Rockville, interesting point on the collectibility and potential resale value but cars like the vette you were talking about were highly sought after and what's driving prices of certain cars in that generation were their overall desirability of those cars during that era. Take the amc amx, rare car and relatively good for it's time, And not the worst looker but a dime a dozen 68 camaro is worth more. I don't see kids hanging posters of that z28 on their walls nor do I see <30 year olds aspiring to own one someday and therefore driving up prices of these oin the future. I can see a championship white all original low mile mint Condition type r being worth more in the future. Or a supra.
I can't speak to the future value of the Z/28, but I can say people of all ages like my Boss 302. All the boys at my Son's school take notice when I drop him off and the college age girls who work the desk at my YMCA often ask if I drove my "cool car".
Old 01-07-2014, 05:17 AM

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

So basically, the current "SS" is what the old Z/28 used to be. The new Z/28 has now been relegated to a super low volume collector's edition Camaro that normal Camaro fans wouldn't and couldn't buy.
Old 01-07-2014, 05:43 AM

Originally Posted by ElTianti
Originally Posted by TheDonEffect' timestamp='1389078618' post='22953244
75k. Wow.

I can't speak to the future value of the Z/28, but I can say people of all ages like my Boss 302. All the boys at my Son's school take notice when I drop him off and the college age girls who work the desk at my YMCA often ask if I drove my "cool car".
What color is it?

Some stand out more than others. Ford made a dumb mistake for Boss 302 Laguna Secca owners, they offered the GT's in some of the Boss 302 colors. If I was collecting, I'd only get the rarest color out of the Laguna Secca's. Skip the Boss unless there's a color that is super rare in that configuration.. .

If these Z/28s come in special colors, I think they'll sell out super fast. It does look like the first one to be sold is going to be a special color.

The entry of the coyote engine into the GT took away from the BOSS 302 thunder in my opinion(although there are some different components). The same thing happens to just about all the chevy's as well though as the Engines get recycled down from the vette. It's cool and all but it makes things less desirable in my opinion. These decisions will likely make these newer "special edition cars" less desirable and pricey down the road, especially if they aren't kept in original condition. Maybe I'm just too picky but I'm a little less enthused when all I get is a handmedown motor from the c6 LS7 when that motor is now out of date.. .

If they would have put the new LT1 vette motor in the Z/28 with a little extra power, painted carbon roof/hood/trunk and plexiglass rear glass, that'd be a truely rare and unique Camaro. This Z/28 is not unique enough to be worth 75K IMO.
Old 01-07-2014, 06:07 AM

Originally Posted by berny2435
Originally Posted by ElTianti' timestamp='1389102614' post='22953462
[quote name='TheDonEffect' timestamp='1389078618' post='22953244']
75k. Wow.

What color is it?

Some stand out more than others. Ford made a dumb mistake for Boss 302 Laguna Secca owners, they offered the GT's in some of the Boss 302 colors. If I was collecting, I'd only get the rarest color out of the Laguna Secca's. Skip the Boss unless there's a color that is super rare in that configuration.. .

If these Z/28s come in special colors, I think they'll sell out super fast. It does look like the first one to be sold is going to be a special color.

The entry of the coyote engine into the GT took away from the BOSS 302 thunder in my opinion(although there are some different components). The same thing happens to just about all the chevy's as well though as the Engines get recycled down from the vette. It's cool and all but it makes things less desirable in my opinion. These decisions will likely make these newer "special edition cars" less desirable and pricey down the road, especially if they aren't kept in original condition. Maybe I'm just too picky but I'm a little less enthused when all I get is a handmedown motor from the c6 LS7 when that motor is now out of date.. .

If they would have put the new LT1 vette motor in the Z/28 with a little extra power, painted carbon roof/hood/trunk and plexiglass rear glass, that'd be a truely rare and unique Camaro. This Z/28 is not unique enough to be worth 75K IMO.
[/quote]

Mine is a comp orange 2012. The Boss 302 doesn't have the GT coyote engine. It has the road runner engine. It's a coyote with forged internals, sodium valves, different cams and intake.

If reports are to be believed, the 2015 GT will eclipse the performance of the Boss 302 so who knows what price a garage queen Boss 302 will command at the BJ auction 40 years from now. However, I do expect it depreciate a bit less than a typical GT. My point was that people of all ages seem to like the Boss 302 but's it's flasher than the Z/28 so that probably has a lot do with it.
Old 01-07-2014, 06:57 AM

Mine is a comp orange 2012. The Boss 302 doesn't have the GT coyote engine. It has the road runner engine. It's a coyote with forged internals, sodium valves, different cams and intake.

If reports are to be believed, the 2015 GT will eclipse the performance of the Boss 302 so who knows what price a garage queen Boss 302 will command at the BJ auction 40 years from now. However, I do expect it depreciate a bit less than a typical GT. My point was that people of all ages seem to like the Boss 302 but's it's flasher than the Z/28 so that probably has a lot do with it.
ahhh, more to the boss 302 engine than I thought. good stuff.
http://www.mustang50magazine.com/tec...2/viewall.html

And those ladies probably like your car more b/c of the color, rather than b/c it's a Boss 302 vs a GT. Cool car though
Old 01-07-2014, 05:54 PM

And those ladies probably like your car more b/c of the color, rather than b/c it's a Boss 302 vs a GT. Cool car though
Right, because..., why again? I'm just confused how a V6 Mustang is a "girl car" yet no woman knows what a performance version of a Mustang is, somehow. This coming from a guy clearly obsessed about color and "collectability" over actual driving.

Although, many people on this site don't like Corvettes or Mustangs because apparently the interior is not to their liking, the rest of the car be damned. Which tells us what they really value in a car. I never met a woman who complained about a car's interior. But pretty much every single one had something to say about how a car accelerated in traffic and negotiated corners. Maybe you need to modify your worldview. And step away from the gross sexism just a bit.
Old 01-07-2014, 06:13 PM

Originally Posted by NuncoStr8
Originally Posted by berny2435' timestamp='1389110233' post='22953675

Right, because..., why again? I'm just confused how a V6 Mustang is a "girl car" yet no woman knows what a performance version of a Mustang is, somehow.

Although, many people on this site don't like Corvettes or Mustangs because apparently the interior is not to their liking, the rest of the car be damned. Which tells us what they really value in a car. I never met a woman who complained about a car's interior. But pretty much every single one had something to say about how a car accelerated in traffic and negotiated corners. Maybe you need to modify your worldview. And step away from the gross sexism just a bit.
so you are telling me typical girls know how a boss 302 handles versus a GT?

I know chicks that think b/c a car looks better than the one next to it, it must be faster.. . That b/c my S2000 looks cool, it must be a $50,000 car and I'm rich.

I made one opinion and you are calling me sexist? So maybe you are assuming that I care about opinions from persons like you that try to pick out the most little negative things and turn them into to sexist comments b/c of their own insecurities? Just breath, relax, and work on what you can control.. .
Old 01-07-2014, 07:04 PM

so you are telling me typical girls know how a boss 302 handles versus a GT?

I know chicks that think b/c a car looks better than the one next to it, it must be faster.. . That b/c my S2000 looks cool, it must be a $50,000 car and I'm rich.

I made one opinion and you are calling me sexist? So maybe you are assuming that I care about opinions from persons like you that try to pick out the most little negative things and turn them into to sexist comments b/c of their own insecurities? Just breath, relax, and work on what you can control.. .
When your opinion is based purely on the sex of a person, yes that is sexist. WTF, are you dense?

Are you telling me "typical guys" have personal knowledge of the handling differences of the standard Mustang GT vs. the Boss 302? If that's what you think, we can add "delusional" to the list.

Stop while you are behind.
Old 01-07-2014, 08:48 PM

Received 522 Likes on 400 Posts

Originally Posted by TheDonEffect' timestamp='1389078618' post='22953244
75k. Wow.

Frankly, you could park a v6 mustang with all that charismatic additions and they would say the same thing. It's not like they're running up to it and saying "woah, a boss 302, these things have <insert stat jocky stuff>"
No doubt it's cool, and I'm sure people will look at the Z28 admiringly, but it doesn't mean that it will be a point of obsession for collector later down the road. Take the shelbys from the 60s, during the 60s the mustang was the it car, everyone wanted one, they sold out everywhere, and many people aspired to own one. The Shelby was the best of the bunch, even if it was a slow seller at the time. The camaro of today falls on a polarizing crowd, some like it, some hate it, and camaro isn't exactly having trouble meeting demand. Back in those days, nascar and transam were important, and obscure cars like the roadrunner did well, so when those who grew up in that era finally got some money they were able to enjoy the things that captivated them when they were younger. I imagine in the future, people of our generation will be pining over rally and drift cars, or people from the 80s will drool over groupe B cars, etc etc.
Of course I can be absolutely wrong, but future collectibility is based on enthusiasm today.

Quick Reply: 2014 Camaro Z28