Car and Bike Talk Discussions and comparisons of cars and motorcycles of all makes and models.

2012 Rolex 24 At Daytona

Old 01-04-2012, 12:49 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2012 Rolex 24 At Daytona

Anybody else going? We're staying at some nice digs on the beach, going to enjoy the whole weekend of racing, eating, drinking, have a great time

50th anniversary too, so it should be an extra big event! Jan 28th and 29th if you don't know, tickets are pretty reasonable, never too crowded, lots of great racing, cars, etc.

http://www.daytonainternationalspeed...t-Daytona.aspx
Old 01-04-2012, 05:06 PM
43!

I went last year, first time. Had a blast with my Dad. Definitely encourage anyone on the fence to make it out as it's good time.
Old 01-06-2012, 12:51 PM

I really need to take the kids out one of these days. We go to the St Pete grand prix every year, so it is hard to convince the wife to do two racing outings.
Old 01-07-2012, 12:59 PM

Originally Posted by 43!
I went last year, first time. Had a blast with my Dad. Definitely encourage anyone on the fence to make it out as it's good time.
I did the same last year. Exept I'm from Puerto Rico. For this time I'm in SC and my dad is back in PR. We will be get together to go to the event. Also we will be goping to meccum auctions on orlando on thursday
Old 01-07-2012, 01:35 PM
Member (Premium)

Received 1,137 Likes on 1,013 Posts

Originally Posted by [DT
;21286095]Anybody else going? We're staying at some nice digs on the beach, going to enjoy the whole weekend of racing, eating, drinking, have a great time

50th anniversary too, so it should be an extra big event! Jan 28th and 29th if you don't know, tickets are pretty reasonable, never too crowded, lots of great racing, cars, etc.

http://www.daytonainternationalspeed...t-Daytona.aspx
You might want to cross post this into the main Florida forum-usually a pretty decent turnout by the Florida members.
Old 01-07-2012, 04:38 PM

Originally Posted by XScarAudio
I really need to take the kids out one of these days. We go to the St Pete grand prix every year, so it is hard to convince the wife to do two racing outings.
We almost thought about taking the little one this year, she loves cars and it's pretty family friendly.

Funny enough, in 2008 we went and my wife was almost 8 months preggers. When the cars would come by she said she could feel her wiggling around - I guess she got an early exposure to motorsports

Originally Posted by zdave87
You might want to cross post this into the main Florida forum-usually a pretty decent turnout by the Florida members.
That's a great idea, in fact, I think there was a even a thread in the last couple of years, kind of coordinating an "S2000 corral".
Old 01-29-2012, 02:58 PM

Great weekend! Went down Friday afternoon (just got back), stayed down at the beach, saw some great racing, huge turnout this year (50th Anniversary), ate and drank non-stop, beautiful weather, sexy company ... Christmas from my wife, and yes, she is goddam awesome.
Old 01-30-2012, 12:41 PM

great races!!! very good weekend. A few s2000 in the infield. A lot a great cars ferraris, porsches etc
Old 01-30-2012, 01:36 PM

Received 31 Likes on 26 Posts

I had a great time. Was anyone else bothered by how horrible everyone parked in the main parking lot? Someone hit my truck when we were there. I paid for the gf to go on the porsche autocross thing- she loved it.
Old 01-31-2012, 04:57 PM

Originally Posted by dc2-2-ap1
I had a great time. Was anyone else bothered by how horrible everyone parked in the main parking lot? Someone hit my truck when we were there. I paid for the gf to go on the porsche autocross thing- she loved it.
Both days we actually parked in the "side" lot, i.e., if you turned into the main entrance (like you're going to the airport), then after entering the grounds, turn immediately to the left, that area was really open, tons of room (day 1 we parked one over from an F car, day 2 we parked behind a nice 997, tons of room all around). It was free too since we didn't buy parking this year.

I know it's a few days over, but maybe a helpful tip for next year

Quick Reply: 2012 Rolex 24 At Daytona