Car and Bike Talk Discussions and comparisons of cars and motorcycles of all makes and models.

2011 M3 ZCP vs 2011 GT

Old 08-26-2010, 10:20 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by fishfryer,Aug 26 2010, 11:19 AM
I guess the moral of the story is, if you can afford (cash, none of this financing or leasing crap that is for retards and wannabees) a BMW get it. If not, get the GT and be happy.
All of my vehicles were bought that way, ex. for my Super Duke for which I had a super low or 0% financing offer for the first year.
Old 08-26-2010, 11:40 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by TheDonEffect,Aug 26 2010, 09:05 AM
Btw, I think you and I are the only two people on these boards who still have a large soft spot for the 135i.
You two aren't the only ones. I think they look really good.
Old 08-26-2010, 11:50 AM

Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts

So the GT can keep up with the M3 and for 1/2 the cost....ok....i think they appeal to two different markets and a comparrison is just a way of saying if you buy a GT you get M3 performance...ok bang for the buck goes to the mustang.

I have owned two MGT's and loved them both and hated them both. What i loved was the V8 sound, the usable back seat for kids, the features and most of all the cost. What I hated was the quality-fit and finish, which in the end compelled me to dump both cars within the first two years of ownership, just plain crap.

Now I am a mustang fan, I look at them and think about owning just one more, giving Ford another chance. I also lust after the M3, this version and the last version, both wonderful cars...but the cost is what kills me....upkeep after warranty and what it costs to buy a new one.

So i can happily say I will stick with my S2000 and my Acura TL 6 speed nav till I see better cars for less money than the cost of either of these things. In the case of the acura i want rwd next time, in the case of the S2000 show me a better roadster and I will buy it...i know a boxster S but look at the cost...just kills me to think about spending that much money as well....

nice job ford, next bmw will be with less cyl and maybe a turbo.
Old 08-26-2010, 01:04 PM

Originally Posted by kenstyle,Aug 23 2010, 10:20 PM
BOSS Mustang will be BOSS

Even so, this was an impressive display by the Ford Mustang GT 5.0.
Old 08-26-2010, 01:41 PM

I actually rented a Mustang GT 5.0 this week. I had gotten a rental for a friend (whose car was hit by a drunk driver parked in front of my house), and had originally gotten a "midsize" from Budget Rent a Car, which would have turned out to by a Hyundai Elantra. When the rep. picked me up, he offered me the Mustang for "only $5 extra a day." Said usually it was a $100/day rental. I couldn't resist. It's a silver automatic with a white interior (I would have gotten it in black personally). Back in the day I had the 260 hp convertible 04'

In driving this car for a few days I have to say :

1. The new engine is way more powerful than the 260 hp version I had. Plenty of power. Effortless passing power.
2. The new automatic is a bit more responsive (my old car had this tendency where it would hesitate for a second to downshift when you step on it).
3. Interior fit & finish is definately a level above the old Mustangs. But still not close to the Germans. Some hard plastic. I would definately recommend to get the "upgraded interior." The standard interior seats are still a bit cheapy.
4. Brakes are still marginal. Would definately get the upgraded brake package, or aftermarket pads & SS Brake lines.

Overall it's a nice car. I don't think I would have an issue buying a convertible & driving it around as a DD car with some power.
Old 08-26-2010, 01:43 PM

I haven't been a fan of the look of the 3-series since the e90 (which I bought, lol). So the M3 looks do almost nothing for me. The Mustang looks at least get a rise in my pulse. Not so crazy, just personal tastes.

Oh, and can't wait for a similar test of the Boss (and price please!). From Randy's obvious complaints in the linked article, if they adjust the suspension and shifter correctly Boss will indeed be Boss!
Old 08-26-2010, 01:50 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by fishfryer,Aug 26 2010, 09:19 AM
I guess the moral of the story is, if you can afford (cash, none of this financing or leasing crap that is for retards and wannabees) a BMW get it. If not, get the GT and be happy.
Time value of money my friend. Why would I want to drop $60K in a depreciating asset such as a BMW M3 when I could invest that $60K? Even at a 4% rate of return, I'm still on the positive. Then I could lease the M3 and use it as a write off as well.

Or why not take advantage of 1.9% APR that BMW had to offer? That's almost free money right there
Old 08-26-2010, 02:41 PM

So funny how people think it's a matter of just choosing one. I think we all know which car we'd have if we had mad money to spare in the bank. I think some of you people are missing the point with comments like "I'd rather have the M3".

Also, comparing interiors?? Are you guys serious?
Old 08-26-2010, 02:47 PM

Originally Posted by RC 94,Aug 26 2010, 01:40 PM
You two aren't the only ones. I think they look really good.
Fourth. The 1 series is probably one of the most beautiful cars I've seen to date.

Definitely BMW's finest.

Stunning.
Old 08-26-2010, 03:46 PM

[QUOTE=rnye,Aug 26 2010, 03:47 PM]Fourth.

Quick Reply: 2011 M3 ZCP vs 2011 GT