Car and Bike Talk Discussions and comparisons of cars and motorcycles of all makes and models.

2010 ford taurus

Old 08-11-2009, 11:01 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2010 ford taurus

just saw a commercial today and it actually looks good for a ford, i was really impressed with the twin turbo v6. what do you guys think?

http://www.leftlanenews.com/ford-taurus-fi...ive-review.html
Old 08-11-2009, 11:09 AM

Awesome full sized car...espcially considering you could pick up a stripper model for $25k or under with incentive. I read an article recently where it got amazing crash test scores which is a huge part of the segments it's in. All I know is that the first time I saw the interior I was sold.
Old 08-11-2009, 11:24 AM

I'm not in love with the interior but I really like the fact that the interior is nothing like the competition. GM's interiors are getting much better but they also are starting to look like they could be in any Asian car. The new Buick sedan is a great example. Really nice looking but short of the Buick badge it could have been in a high end Asian car. The current Ford interiors are not going to be confused with the competition.

I feel the same about the new Lincoln interiors. I don't necessarily think they are as nice as a Lexus or Acura or Audi interior (just to name examples) but I really respect that they don't look like anyone else's interiors.

Incidentally, Ford seems to have a great job correcting their interiors recently. Just a 3 years back the Ford interiors were very plasticy. Not really bad but they tried VW understaded and missed. The new interiors are clearly related to what they did just a few years back but they no longer miss the target. They look quality rather that cheap.

Good work Ford! Now just give us a decent sports sedan with manual shift. A hatch back would also be nice. In fact just give us the Mondeo again!
Old 08-11-2009, 11:39 AM

http://www.fordvehicles.com/2010taurus/

seems like a pretty cool car- I laugh at some of these comparisons though
Old 08-11-2009, 11:44 AM
Banned

The Taurus SHO costs $40K!
Old 08-11-2009, 11:50 AM

Originally Posted by zachismisitok,Aug 11 2009, 12:39 PM
http://www.fordvehicles.com/2010taurus/

seems like a pretty cool car- I laugh at some of these comparisons though
Makes me wanna drive behind a broken gravel truck while switching lanes while running the 1/4th next to a top fuel car.

OK, not really.

Nice car.
Old 08-11-2009, 12:34 PM

Originally Posted by exb00st,Aug 11 2009, 11:50 AM
Makes me wanna drive behind a broken gravel truck while switching lanes while running the 1/4th next to a top fuel car.

OK, not really.

Nice car.
lol yes... it's like they find 1 thing and one car the taurus can beat thats above price range. Forget the fact that the lexus destroys it in every other category
Old 08-11-2009, 01:30 PM

I find myself strangely liking it.

The problem the domestics have with pricing a premium product is that too often buying something like a $40k Taurus (in this case) is simply buying the most expensive version of a $25k car. If it truly is a well sorted out car, I don't think it's overpriced. If it's little more than a tarted up $25k people hauler with lost of corners cut + a $15k "sport package" added on it won't do well.

That said, if it is a great driving family sedan, I wouldn't feel any more foolish buying it vs. a TL, Maxima, G, etc. They are all or even above that price range similarly equipped.
Old 08-11-2009, 02:08 PM

the SHO is just overpriced for a ford.
i cant seemyself spending more then 30k on a ford product.

my family bought a 2002 expedition when it first came out for 31k and i was shocked they went for it.

even though both GM and ford have cleaned up alot. i just cant seem to convince myself to like them. all i think of is rental cars.
and alot of cars they make look dated as soon as the come out. idk
Old 08-11-2009, 02:33 PM

It seems ok; never really been a ford fan. The gadgets it comes with are pretty cool.

Quick Reply: 2010 ford taurus