Car and Bike Talk Discussions and comparisons of cars and motorcycles of all makes and models.

2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser

Old 01-05-2006, 01:31 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

How is that a bad thing?
It isn't. It's a great idea, cheap, usable, sytlish.

Oddly when the Americans do retro all the fanboys call it stupid ...
Old 01-05-2006, 01:39 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yea, but it goes both ways it seems. Reading the gm forums, everyone is taking every chance they get to call the FJ ugly, stupid, overpriced and the like. Import fanboys are no worse than the domestic fanboys..
Old 01-05-2006, 01:41 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I like the look enough to consider getting a use one someday. I can't see why buy a new one for off-roading.
Old 01-05-2006, 01:59 PM

Err... another bleh "4x4" Unless that thing has solid axels front and rear and selectable lockers front and rear lets not joke that this thing comes close to matching a jeep wrangler rubicon's off road ability.

If i'm not mistaken the new 4runner/new "fj" does not even have body on frame but rather uses unibody construction (i.e "destruction and carnage on the trail")

I guess I cannot laugh too hard... there was even talk that the new wrangler debut in 07 will possibly see the loss of the solid front axle in favor of independent suspension... a very bad thing for offroad enthusiasts

Because of these reasons this new "4x4" will likely see as many trail scars as a lexus lx450.
Old 01-05-2006, 02:01 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by x-man,Jan 5 2006, 02:41 PM
I like the look enough to consider getting a use one someday. I can't see why buy a new one for off-roading.
cause the problem of buying a used one is the possibility of off roading abuse. But if this is built anything like the original FJ, then no worries on a used one. Can't wait to test drive one. Anyone know what colors they'll come in?
Old 01-05-2006, 02:08 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Err... another bleh "4x4" Unless that thing has solid axels front and rear and selectable lockers front and rear lets not joke that this thing comes close to matching a jeep wrangler rubicon's off road ability.
A rear locker is optional. You can put a front on yourself -- just like you can buy a cheaper jeep and build one better than the rubicon for less money too...

If i'm not mistaken the new 4runner/new "fj" does not even have body on frame but rather uses unibody construction (i.e "destruction and carnage on the trail")
Incorrect.

there was even talk that the new wrangler debut in 07 will possibly see the loss of the solid front axle in favor of independent suspension... a very bad thing for offroad enthusiasts
Not always. The debates go on and on -- but the future is independent setups.
Old 01-05-2006, 03:13 PM

I wonder what the 4x4 forums think of the new FJ...do they consider it blasphemy? a poser car? Or are the reacting warmly to the new member of the Land Cruiser family? Just curious.....
Old 01-05-2006, 03:26 PM

Well 4X4 owners and Land Cruiser enthusiasts are the ones that pushed Toyota to build the FJ, so I'm assuming they're eagerly anticipating its arrival, especially with the early reports of strong off-road ability.

Steve C has been correct on all of his statements that I've read in this topic.

And in response to another reply, 4runner's do not offer a manual transmission, even though the Tacoma, and now the FJ using the same 4.0 v6 do.
Old 01-05-2006, 03:53 PM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I like it.
Old 01-05-2006, 04:23 PM

More info (inluding video) here:

http://autos.msn.com/advice/article.aspx?c...1&src=LP%20utes

I'll take the silver one. And it seems that the white top is an option. In the video they showed an all black one.

Quick Reply: 2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser