Car and Bike Talk Discussions and comparisons of cars and motorcycles of all makes and models.

2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser

Old 01-05-2006, 07:25 AM

Received 427 Likes on 238 Posts
Default 2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser

http://www.gminsidenews.com/forums/showthr...?threadid=24973

What do you guys think?
Old 01-05-2006, 08:06 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

oddly enough, I kinda like it. But I think i'm slightly influenced by the old 1980's LandCruisers and their offroad prowess.
Old 01-05-2006, 08:09 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It's a great vehicle. I can definitely see it killing the Xterra as its offroad capabilities mirror that of the Range Rover and the old school Landcruiser. I hate SUVs but I'll make an exception for the FJ.
Old 01-05-2006, 08:45 AM
Member (Premium)

Received 438 Likes on 308 Posts

Quickag and Lyndon H need to quit spending so much time on cars and drop by the sprorts threads and drop some props to Vince Young and the Longhorns.

I emailed that to a Texan friend of mine and he tore me a new one, he went to A&M. oops.........

Anywho, isn't the FJ gonna be priced higher?
Old 01-05-2006, 08:48 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I find the FJ to be a very, very sweet deal. I like it alot. A true affordable 4x4...not a pussy soccer mom suv. This is the first SUV (apart from the OG FJ40) that I've considered picking up.

6-speed manual and all....not to mention a very good affordable price, historical lineage, ugly in a cool utilitarian way, and from what I've read so far, does exactly what its supposed to do.

Apart from looks (I'm sure alot of folks will dislike its appearance) what's there not to like? Toyota reliabilty and all. me likey alot.
Old 01-05-2006, 09:00 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

2 door 4runner is really all it is.
Old 01-05-2006, 10:00 AM

I like it. I always wanted one to the old '79 2 door land cruisers. This looks like it's drawing some of its lines from that. My dad used to have a early 90's 4 door when i was younger. Very reliable car. My brother used to steal it and go offroading in it.

I find it amusing that the guy driving a caviler on the GM board is calling this ugly. To each his own i guess.
Old 01-05-2006, 10:59 AM

It's pretty cool, but Toyota is getting into the same problem that everyone says GM has: they are making too many truckish vehicles in the same price segment. Add the FJ to the list that includes the 4Runner, the Highlander, and RAV4.

Compare that to Chevy's line of similarly-sized SUVs, the Trailblazer and Equinox.

As far as the Xterra's capabilities, I think it's become quite the "active young person's" chosen steed for a lot of reasons, not least of which it's off-road capability. I've seen a 2WD Xterra at work off-road, and even though it got stuck, it acquitted itself quite well for only having road tires. The new Xterra is even better with the added feature of reliable horsepower.
Old 01-05-2006, 11:09 AM

Originally Posted by vader1,Jan 5 2006, 09:45 AM
Quickag and Lyndon H need to quit spending so much time on cars and drop by the sprorts threads and drop some props to Vince Young and the Longhorns.

I emailed that to a Texan friend of mine and he tore me a new one, he went to A&M. oops.........

Anywho, isn't the FJ gonna be priced higher?
Last post on sports in this thread, but OMG. I watched the whole game and I went to Texas A&M University, the arch rival to Texas. Anyway, that was the most awesome performance of a single football player that I have ever seen. Vince Young is the SH*T. Wow.

As much as Texas would hate to lose him, VY would be crazy to not take the $15M+ signing bonus he could command going to the NFL. Anyway, absolutely unbelievable game. Not to mention the Penn St. and FSU game rocked the house the night before. I'm going to miss NCAA football until next season. Hopefully Texas A&M can pull their sh*t together this coming season.
Old 01-05-2006, 11:11 AM

Oh, btw, I like the FJ Cruiser. I think it's cool and a viable alternative to the Xterra, Wrangler, etc as a good, solid off-road vehicle.

Quick Reply: 2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser