Car and Bike Talk Discussions and comparisons of cars and motorcycles of all makes and models.

2007 Honda Civic Si Questions

Old 06-01-2013, 06:08 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ah the sarcastic bunch... Yeah, trolling on the s2k boards... It's funny that is why I didn't even bother posting such a question on the civic forums because they are all just kids for the most part.

Anyway, I appreciate the straight up answers. The sarcastic ones too
Old 06-01-2013, 08:24 AM

A member on here (Lurchenstein) just picked up an 07 Si coupe this spring. He just finished his first round of modifications, and boy did they make a difference!! Your plans for the car sound very similar to his. Here is a list of his mods that just went on the car about 6 weeks ago:

Flashpro (running a map from flashprotuning, will be getting a protune shortly)
Skunk2 Alpha race header (no converter, HUGE power gain)
Invidia Q300 (super quiet paired up with his header, can't even tell the car has exhaust when driving "normal")
Skunk2 composite intake (pain in the a** install, but a very nice intake)
Throttle body spacer w/ gaskets
Eibach Pro Kit springs (running on stock struts, which many do, car rides and looks great with them)

So with intake, full exhaust and tune, the car really came alive power wise. Those mods on the K20 picks up about 30-40whp! His exhaust combo sounds very good, not "ricey" at all. Very deep tone with zero rasp. He put a lot of research in on which exhaust set up would be quiet and it shows. When going WOT, all you hear is the intake.

The Flashpro was probably the best mod out of the group. Totally changes the way the car drives. My favorite thing about it is it eliminates the annoying rev hang from the DBW throttle. The new DBW map makes the throttle response much better, while also being smoother. Rev limiter is now at 8600rpm, and VTEC was lowered to 4250rpm.

To give you a "true" example of the power gains his mods made, his Si now runs door to door with our AP1 S2000 from a roll. He hasn't ran his Si yet at our local track, but I ran 13.88 @ 102mph in our S2000. When his car was stock the S2000 would walk right away from it.
Old 06-01-2013, 08:34 AM

I could not have said it better myself.

I would stay away from the slotted rotors. You will stop better with a solid rotor.
Picked up a pair of Centric 120 rotors. From what I have read they are very well liked.

I have also read that guys really don't like the Hawk pads. I guess they take a couple of stops to start working to full potential. I picked up the Stoptech street pads. They do dust a bit but are very quiet and stop very well.

This is the same set-up that was just put on Thercarfather and NNY S2K's S2000.
Old 06-03-2013, 08:36 PM

Thanks for all the tips!
Old 06-04-2013, 06:00 AM

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

hands down the best exhaust for that car is the full-race 3". Best sounding honda exhaust ive ever herd. Quiet when you want it to be and sounds amazing wot.

The skunk2 headers (megapower/alpha) do get the most gains along with the plm/kiddracing. This is the piece that will gain the most on an i/h/e setup. The stock header is a very short 4-1 with a down pipe to the cat. Long tube headers will pick up 10+ hp.

Im always a CAI fan. Those bays get pretty hot and heat soak gets annoying from a stop. (sri puts the filter right by the header) The si is really finicky with intakes due to the mass air flow sensor. if your getting flashpro you can use a map tune, then you dont have to worry about that.

Looking at about 20-25 hp after all is said and done. Maybe a little more up top with a tune.

HFP suspension is a good choice. its really nice for the price. Dont think you will find much better under $1500.

On the 07 you need to watch out for the 3rd gear pop out. There is a TSB for it.
Old 06-04-2013, 06:03 AM

Received 121 Likes on 96 Posts

I'd replace all fluids and timing belt before doing any add-on's. If you have receipts for any of the those services, you can skip them. The intake is a waste of money IMO, better money spent on good tires when it is time.
Old 06-04-2013, 06:06 AM

Originally Posted by Lurchenstein
I have also read that guys really don't like the Hawk pads. I guess they take a couple of stops to start working to full potential. I picked up the Stoptech street pads. They do dust a bit but are very quiet and stop very well.
Akebono ceramic pads are quite nice. Had them on my last Jag and they did not dust at all with very little compromise over OEM pads.
Old 06-04-2013, 06:09 AM

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by mosesbotbol
I'd replace all fluids and timing belt before doing any add-on's. If you have receipts for any of the those services, you can skip them. The intake is a waste of money IMO, better money spent on good tires when it is time.
lol the k20 has a timing chain.
Old 06-04-2013, 07:10 AM

Originally Posted by PureFunction
Originally Posted by mosesbotbol' timestamp='1370354614' post='22585591
lol the k20 has a timing chain.
Nice, had no idea...
Old 06-04-2013, 08:39 AM

Received 410 Likes on 305 Posts

Throw some synthetic in the tranny stat. Made a big difference on mine when I had it.

Quick Reply: 2007 Honda Civic Si Questions