Car and Bike Talk Discussions and comparisons of cars and motorcycles of all makes and models.

2007 Honda Civic Si Questions

Old 05-30-2013, 02:50 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2007 Honda Civic Si Questions

Hey everyone,

I just got a 2007 Honda Civic Si Sedan with 70K miles on it. It is going to be my daily driver. There are a couple things I want to do to it and just wanted to run it past some smart people before I do as I haven't messed with an Si before. Here are the mods and in the order I was thinking of doing them. The car came with a K&N CAI.

Brakes:

Stop Tech Slotted Rotors
Hawk Pads

Tune:

Hondata

Suspension:

HFP Suspension (Springs and Shocks)

Exhaust:

I want a quiet one, but not sure which one, also does a header make a huge difference?

Thanks in advance!
Old 05-31-2013, 08:06 AM

Received 45 Likes on 34 Posts

So you got a civic huh?

hmm, I would first change the oil. Maybe the oil filter while I'm at it.
Is it an automatic? Possibly a gearbox flush too.
Couldn't hurt to flush the radiator and brake fluids too.

Hell, the first thing I'd do is a full service on the car.

Mods? I'd get a license plate for it. Registration helps keep pesky law enforcement officers from pulling you over.
I'd consider maybe cleaning the seats too. Never know what the previous poor college student did in the car.

Got kids? another mod would be to use the child-locks.

good luck!
Old 05-31-2013, 08:41 AM

Received 281 Likes on 176 Posts

Driven, the Civic Si is only (and has only ever) available with a manual transmission.

ludwig, if I were you I would save your money on the slotted rotors. There's no benefit to that at all. As for brake pads, unless you plan on tracking the car (and I mean road courses, not autox) then it really doesn't matter. Get something with good feel. I don't know much about Hawks but I think they're pretty good for aggressive street pads?
Old 05-31-2013, 08:49 AM

Received 45 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by WolfpackS2k
Driven, the Civic Si is only (and has only ever) available with a manual transmission.
ah, cool... are they 5 speeds? And are civics still AWD or did they start making them in RWD now?
Old 05-31-2013, 08:50 AM

Received 281 Likes on 176 Posts

dammit
Old 05-31-2013, 09:47 AM

Congrats on the Si. If you are going to get it tuned I would suggest you get a header. The car definitely comes alive with it. A quiet exhaust I would look into is the Invidia Q300.
Old 05-31-2013, 12:05 PM

Received 118 Likes on 68 Posts

ludwig, if I were you I would save your money on the slotted rotors. There's no benefit to that at all. As for brake pads, unless you plan on tracking the car (and I mean road courses, not autox) then it really doesn't matter. Get something with good feel. I don't know much about Hawks but I think they're pretty good for aggressive street pads?

I had Hawks on the Miata and they were good pads but they sounded like a freight train every time you stopped. I'm not sensitive about cars being a little bit hardcore, but it was f@#king embarrassing every time I would stop the car on a crowded street.
Old 05-31-2013, 02:05 PM

Yeah I don't have kids, had a AP2 for a couple years, but it was too slow for what it was at the time. I feel the Civic Si is much pratical and usable compared to the s2k I had, but that is just me. I sold my Lexus GS300 and NA Miata to get it, seemed like a good balance. I know a lot of people don't like FWD, I don't either, but when done right it is a lot of fun and the Si's is done right with the limited slip.

Before buying the Civic I looked at every car out there, drove BMW's, Porsche's, Mustang 5.0 (Recaro Seats, Trak Pak, Brembos), etc. I have owned an E92 already and loved the way it drove, but not the maintenance.

The car is in good shape, I will get the fluids and such swapped, I just did a full detail of the car which came out decent. Got my weathertech liners in.

Anyway, seems like I should get a header and tune.... Thanks for all the feedback!

Originally Posted by Driven
So you got a civic huh?

hmm, I would first change the oil. Maybe the oil filter while I'm at it.
Is it an automatic? Possibly a gearbox flush too.
Couldn't hurt to flush the radiator and brake fluids too.

Hell, the first thing I'd do is a full service on the car.

Mods? I'd get a license plate for it. Registration helps keep pesky law enforcement officers from pulling you over.
I'd consider maybe cleaning the seats too. Never know what the previous poor college student did in the car.

Got kids? another mod would be to use the child-locks.

good luck!
Old 05-31-2013, 06:41 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Driven
Originally Posted by WolfpackS2k' timestamp='1370018516' post='22578396
ah, cool... are they 5 speeds? And are civics still AWD or did they start making them in RWD now?
Old 05-31-2013, 08:54 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

dammit

Haha. U took the bait alright.

Quick Reply: 2007 Honda Civic Si Questions