Car and Bike Talk Discussions and comparisons of cars and motorcycles of all makes and models.

2007 350z

Old 09-20-2006, 09:18 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thats why you guys need to start getting SC!!!!
Old 09-20-2006, 09:27 PM

yeah honda really pisses me off sometimes. i mean. i drive a s2000 a SPORTS car, even though its not a drag racer, i still have to worry about the new MAZDASPEED 3 and other commuters. even the new frikkin impala ss has 300+hp if you bog a launch you can FORGET ABOUT IT!! wtf. how gay. the s has been around for 7 years. how bout stepping the game up a bit.
Old 09-20-2006, 10:20 PM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Jacques79,Sep 20 2006, 10:01 PM
I agree 100%.

It's really pathetic.

Same thing happened with the NSX. Honda knows not a lot of cars have the same feel as the S2K so they just sit there....

I mean would it really kill them financially to add about 20HP to the S2K?

I know it's just a 2 or 2.2l engine, but come on......

In 7 years they couldn't find a way to add 20 friggin HP? How about 10HP?

I love the car but it is starting to get slow for a 2007 sports car.
Couldn't agree more. I am growing intolerant of Honda in general. I am certain the S2000 will go out much like the NSX, a whisp of it's former self. The S2000 is still a very competent car but could be much, much better considering Honda has done very little to improve the performance since 1999 (if anything, they have made the S2000 more plush). I won't even get into Honda's reluctance to front a V8 or RWD platform. The RL with it's FWD bias SH-AWD system and V6 has sure been a sales winner Honda.
Old 09-21-2006, 06:08 AM
CG

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

The S2000 will still win a race with enough curves tossed in, the 350 is just too heavy. I do agree that Honda has not kept up with the others, thet raised the bar with the S2000 and then went to sleep.

It is kind of sad to thing that a version of the Mazda 3 might show an S2000 it's tail lights. Funny but sad.
Old 09-21-2006, 07:14 AM

You know what....I'm not gonna argue with the whole "the 350z is too heavy" argument anymore. Guess what....you're right, it is too heavy for what it is. But I want someone here to admit that their S2000 is also too heavy. What does it weigh? 28XX? my Z weighs 32XX......so roughly 400lbs more, but you get 60 extra hp and 100 extra ft-lbs or torque.

"But that extra power doesn't help through the twisties"....granted. Well another thing that doesn't help through the twisties is mediocre ability. Now, I'm not saying that I'm a great driver, because I'm not....I'm Mediocre...and I'm not saying that you're a bad driver, because you're (presumably) not....you're mediocre. What I am saying is that none of us here can even take full advantage of that precious "400 less lbs".

back on topic:
I was a little bummed when I found out that the '07 would be getting the VQ35HR...even though we don't have any solid details yet. But, I'm not too bummed anymore. If it is vastly improved, I hope the price tag goes up equivalently.

Alot of people have been complaining on this thread about the relatively stagnant nature of the S2000...but I see that as one of its best qualities. If you bought one in 2003 you still have a great car. It's got classic potential written all over it. Yeah it would be cool to see the S evolve. But I think it is equally cool, and a testament to its excellence, that it can maintain a high level of excitement and enthusiasm, even though it has only been mildly re-touched.
Old 09-21-2006, 07:20 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm surprised they aren't planning a forced-induction edition.
Old 09-21-2006, 07:23 AM

Its time to get a 4.77 final drive eh?
Old 09-21-2006, 07:24 AM

If you don't like the S2000 anymore, move on! How difficult is that?

Honda is somewhat limited in how much more power they can make w/ a small, NA 4 cylinder w/o tossing out cost/reliability considerations.

Worrying about how it will match up against another car in a street race is dumb, enjoy your car for what it is.

harshfury, the reason the S2000 weighs what it does is largely attributable to its very stiff chassis, which requires extra metal. To me, it's a worthy tradeoff not to deal w/ cowl shake and a noodle for a chassis.
Old 09-21-2006, 07:33 AM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I will wait for it to come out before I believe it, but I do agree that the Z is way too heavy.
Old 09-21-2006, 07:37 AM
rai

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by harshfury,Sep 21 2006, 07:14 AM
You know what....I'm not gonna argue with the whole "the 350z is too heavy" argument anymore. Guess what....you're right, it is too heavy for what it is. But I want someone here to admit that their S2000 is also too heavy. What does it weigh? 28XX? my Z weighs 32XX......so roughly 400lbs more, but you get 60 extra hp and 100 extra ft-lbs or torque.

"But that extra power doesn't help through the twisties"....granted. Well another thing that doesn't help through the twisties is mediocre ability. Now, I'm not saying that I'm a great driver, because I'm not....I'm Mediocre...and I'm not saying that you're a bad driver, because you're (presumably) not....you're mediocre. What I am saying is that none of us here can even take full advantage of that precious "400 less lbs".

Alot of people have been complaining on this thread about the relatively stagnant nature of the S2000...but I see that as one of its best qualities. If you bought one in 2003 you still have a great car. It's got classic potential written all over it. Yeah it would be cool to see the S evolve. But I think it is equally cool, and a testament to its excellence, that it can maintain a high level of excitement and enthusiasm, even though it has only been mildly re-touched.
agree somewhat, but I think I can feel the weight of a car even if it's not slower.

I drove M3 back to back with the S2000, and while the M3 has +100hp and was a good bit quicker it still feels 400+ lbs heavier which makes it feel ponderous (IMO).

While it's fine that the 350Z weighs 400 lbs more and has more power, I'm sure its weigh counts against it in some ways.

I wish Honda would do something with the S2000. Heck even a special 'S-type' or something with some special light weight wheels and a different FD ratio and maybe intake wouldn't effect reliability and would at least be doing something anything with the S2000. As it is not it's 7 years and it's impoved less in performance than the NSX did in its first 7 years. IMO

Lotus is doing a lot more with the Elise with trim levels, and Nissan with the Z that I think Honda could make an effort, at least we'd have something to talk about instead of which 240 hp engine is quicker or which color is quicker etc..

Quick Reply: 2007 350z