Car and Bike Talk Discussions and comparisons of cars and motorcycles of all makes and models.

2006 Lexus GS300 / GS430

Old 02-03-2005, 09:25 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

VIP this bitch.
Old 02-03-2005, 10:38 AM

Is it just me or does the new design resemble the big and bulky looking new Maximas?

I think it's the C Pillar that extends far back to give it a stout trunk lid.
Old 02-03-2005, 01:15 PM

Originally Posted by toucansam' date='Feb 3 2005, 11:38 AM
Is it just me or does the new design resemble the big and bulky looking new Maximas?
No, it's not just you. But this GS is better and more elegant looking than the Max.
Old 02-03-2005, 02:45 PM

[quote name='rai' date='Feb 3 2005, 07:16 AM']I can't understand.
Old 02-03-2005, 06:39 PM

Originally Posted by BPUKiller' date='Feb 3 2005, 12:12 AM
Does anyone know why Toyota plan to put a 3.5 in the Avalon and only the 3.0 V-6 in the GS? Wouldn't it be cheaper to try to fit the 3.5, with more power, in the new GS? I don't see this 3.0L used in anyother car in the Toyota line-up, do you?

Sam
I don't know how you could've ignored the biggest and best money-making vehicle for Toyota: the Camry! Camry V6 uses the 3.0L engine, of which the GS300 also uses.
Old 02-03-2005, 06:48 PM
FRM

2006 GS

http://www.edmunds.com/future/2006/lexus/g...903/photos.html
Old 02-03-2005, 06:55 PM
FRM

2006 GS430

VDIM enhances handling and traction control systems that normally react to an already unstable condition by anticipating tire slippage before a skid, slide or wheel spin occurs and make stabilizing corrections that maximize dynamic capability. This coupled with tight integration of all systems makes VDIM feel transparent to the driver, making driving more enjoyable.

To do this, VDIM uses an active control strategy that takes its cues from a comprehensive range of sensors including steering angle, yaw rate, deceleration, brake pressure, brake pedal stroke, wheel speed and others. Their signals are used individually by the various traction control systems and collectively by VDIM. Data is gathered from more sources and processed earlier and faster than previous designs, helping to make VDIM less obtrusive yet highly effective.

These proven systems include Vehicle Stability Control (VSC), Traction Control (TRC), Brake Assist (BA), Anti-Lock Brakes (ABS) and Electronic Throttle Control with intelligence (ETC-i). In addition, three important new technologies are employed that are central to the effectiveness of VDIM: Electric Power Steering (EPS), Variable Gear Ratio Steering (VGRS) and Electronically Controlled Brakes (ECB).

VDIM then integrates all of these elements with powerful proprietary software to help manage the total vehicle dynamic package.

ECB is one of the key new technologies that make VDIM possible. It's a "brake-by-wire" system that translates brake pedal pressure into electric signals that, via computer control, help provide precise and optimized braking control in virtually any traction condition. The ECB system is also backed by conventional hydraulic brake control in the unlikely event of electronic failure. ECB's electronic control provides quick brake response when needed, which helps the VDIM system to anticipate and help correct skids before they happen.

Although new in this application, the VGRS system is a further development of the technology recently introduced on the Lexus LX 470. VGRS provides two benefits that the driver can feel by electronically adjusting the steering ratio according to vehicle speed.

First, it provides a relatively quick steering ratio in very low speed conditions, which notably improves maneuverability for parking and similar situations. From low to medium speeds the steering ratio progressively slows to appropriate levels for driver comfort in city driving. In higher speed conditions such as freeway driving, the steering ratio is reduced (slower) in order to help provide a more secure and comfortable feel for the driver.

Another important function of VGRS is called "differential steering control" which helps the steering system correct for a delay in steering response
Old 02-03-2005, 07:28 PM

ttt
Old 02-03-2005, 07:42 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Purple_sky' date='Feb 3 2005, 07:39 PM
I don't know how you could've ignored the biggest and best money-making vehicle for Toyota: the Camry! Camry V6 uses the 3.0L engine, of which the GS300 also uses.
GS uses an I6...
Old 02-03-2005, 07:47 PM

Originally Posted by Purple_sky' date='Feb 3 2005, 07:39 PM
You're kidding right??

You credibility has just gone downhill with that post....

Quick Reply: 2006 Lexus GS300 / GS430