Car and Bike Talk Discussions and comparisons of cars and motorcycles of all makes and models.

2005 F1 predictions...

Old 07-08-2005, 06:25 AM
rai

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
Default 2005 F1 predictions...

10 races down 9 races to go...

1) who will win the drivers championship?
current standings:
FA = 69
KR = 45
MS = 40

2) who will win the constructors?
Renault = 89
Mclaren = 79
Ferrari = 69

3) will any team except above three win a race this year?

4) will BAR get a podium this year?

5) who is the best driver in 2005 F1?
Old 07-08-2005, 06:29 AM
rai

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

1) KR to beat FA for the championship, he's had a lot more bad breaks so far.

2) don't have a prediction for the constructors championship

3) No team except top 3 will win a race this season

4) BAR will not get a podium
*in order for BAR to get a podium something has to happen to FA, KR and/or MS at least 1 of them have to miss the podium. FA has 7 out of 9 podiums, Kimi has 5 of thr last 6 podiums (both take away US GP) and MS has 4 of the last 7 podiums and MS is a podium machine, last 5 years he's probably been on the podium 80% of the time. he has 143 podiums out of 223 races

5) MS is still the best driver
Old 07-08-2005, 09:39 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

1. FA will win the championhip, as long as he scores SOME points in every race which I have no doubt he will. Unless he suddenly has bad luck and DNF in the next few races, KR will have a hard time catching up. Plus the Renaults look very reliable this year.

2. Since Montoya seems to be driving better, and Fisi sputtering, I can see the constructors cup going to Mclaren.

3. BAR will get at least 1 3rd place podium, which will come from Sato

4. I have to say KR is the best driver out there.
Old 07-08-2005, 10:06 AM
mav

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

1. Realistically, FA will probably win the championship. However I'm hoping KR will win. If MS wins, it will be a scam because of what happened at Indy.

2. McLaren with KR and JPM look very strong now.

3. Probably not.

4. Yes. A couple of 3rd place finished from Button.

5. Toss up b/w FA and KR.
Old 07-08-2005, 10:41 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

1) FA, KR, MS
Old 07-08-2005, 11:55 AM

Originally Posted by rai,Jul 8 2005, 06:25 AM
10 races down 9 races to go...

current standings:
FA = 69
KR = 45
MS = 40

Renault = 89
Mclaren = 79
Ferrari = 69

1) That's a tough one. FA has a big points lead, so KR needs good reliability 'till the end of the season, and also for JPM to step up and finish a couple of races ahead of Alonso. Or for Alonso to DNF a race or two. McLaren is the fastest car on the grid right now, and Kimi is super fast, I can see them easily win all of the races left, if the car holds up. But that's a big IF.

Wouldn't it be great if for the last race of the season we have a 3-way dead heat between Alonso, Kimi and Schumi? Let's say within 2 points, and they qualify in the first 3 grid spots, reverse of their points. They'd have to drive the wheels of their cars, trying to overtake, but at the same time be very very careful not to take eachother out of the race as that would give the third driver the championship. What a race would that be!

2) McLaren wins the WCC. They sort their reliability, and the car is really really fast.

3) Probably not. BAR has a good car, and so does Toyota, but it would have to be some major attrition between McLaren, Renault and Ferrari for this to happen.

4) Yes. Jensen got 4th last weekend, and he's a very consistent and mistake-free driver.

5) Another tough one. Schumi is the best by default, also fearless and scrupuless. Alonso is very fast, and consistent. Kimi is also very very fast, and even more mistake-free than Alonso. Being that Alonso wasn't that much better than Trulli last year, and that Kimi is absolutely destroying JPM who was regarded as WDC material, I'll rank Kimi ahead of Alonso.

I say Schumi by a virtue of his 7 WDC's. But Kimi is right there.
Old 07-08-2005, 02:09 PM

1. FA will be hard to beat at this point, but we've seen Renault fade at the end of a season before.
2. Same thing - Renault will be hard to beat. Interesting that both McLaren and Renault have had problems getting points from both cars. Good for keeping the race somewhat close.
3. Hard to say. Probably not, but I still would like to see JB up there.
4. Yes. 9 races to go, I think it's likely.
5. I agree that FA, KR, MS are all great drivers and all quite different. Alonso never looks like he's working (part him, part the car), MS is just MS and amazing, but I like watching KR. Can't think of the right adjective. Explosive?

The real question is, how do we get JT out of the lead so the fast cars can go fast? How does he drive so fast in qualifying and then so pokey during the race? Last week, it would have been a much different race without the lead that JT gave FA.

Tony
Old 07-08-2005, 02:33 PM

1. Kimi
2. McLaren have the machinery, could dump JPM if he missteps anywhere and put DeLaRosa in his place.
3. Expect Williams to score a win before seasons end.
4. No.
5. Hard to say. Alonso and Raikonen have shown occasional brain lock. Schu has been brilliant just to keep the ferrari in contention, but he's also been behind Reubens a few times this year. wait a few more races before deciding on this one. I think Heidfeld has been the surprise of the year, but he's been let down by his car and team.
Old 07-08-2005, 03:24 PM

Alonso will win. Even if Kimi wins all the remaining races, with Fernando getting 2nds and 3rds, Alonso will still win the Championship.

Montoya is doing much better than Fisi. McLaren will take it.

No.

Yes, maybe 2. Both Button.

Alonso has made the fewest mistakes so far this year, though Kimi and MS have also made very few. So, Alonso, but I'm biased.