Car and Bike Talk Discussions and comparisons of cars and motorcycles of all makes and models.

2003 cobra, why did they recall them?

Old 02-19-2005, 11:12 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 330R' date='Feb 18 2005, 07:43 PM
I know it's usually at the dealership level. In QUIKAG's post, I took it that his friend took Ford Motor Company to court (after escalating things past the dealership level).

I've heard so many stories of dealerships attempting to void warranties in cases where a modification has no bearing on whatever issue the car is experiencing. It's ridiculous.

What Honda do you have that's been so problematic? The S2000? New or used? Bad experiences with the car itself, the dealer/service dept, or both? I've had 3 Hondas in the past 11 years. The only issue was on my first Honda, a 1994 Civic EX, when the passenger side door panel had a small area where the vinyl had come unglued and was bulging out. It was replaced immediately even though my warranty had expired earlier that year.
I have the s2000, my differential went, and the honda dealership (93940), tried to deny me a new diff and I was under warranty, they tried to say that I changed my differential fluid which was ridiculous, after a week of extreme stress and screaming the did replace the differential but was definitely not a pleasant experience. I realize that this was just one experience but it was ridiculous. I am by no means saying honda is bad, i love my new S2k, I just hate how everyone (usually people who have never owned fords) start calling ford CRaap when I had nothing but a good experience with them. BUT I understand that just my experience doesnt mean thats the only way but just throwing my 2 cents in
Old 02-19-2005, 11:28 AM

Originally Posted by jiggagnome' date='Feb 19 2005, 02:12 PM
I have the s2000, my differential went, and the honda dealership (93940), tried to deny me a new diff and I was under warranty, they tried to say that I changed my differential fluid which was ridiculous, after a week of extreme stress and screaming the did replace the differential but was definitely not a pleasant experience. I realize that this was just one experience but it was ridiculous. I am by no means saying honda is bad, i love my new S2k, I just hate how everyone (usually people who have never owned fords) start calling ford CRaap when I had nothing but a good experience with them. BUT I understand that just my experience doesnt mean thats the only way but just throwing my 2 cents in
Sorry to hear about the stress you went through with your Honda dealer. I'll say great things about Honda's cars all day long, but it can be a little different when it comes to some dealerships and their service departments. I've had good experiences, but I've only taken two cars in three times total, and two of those were just for routine service.

When you have a dealership acting a fool, I've heard that contacting American Honda to open a trouble ticket (may not the the right term) is a good way to go.

I've had two Fords: a 1984 EXP (used) and a 1993 Ranger XLT (new). It's not fair to even discuss the EXP (but yeah it left me stranded before) things have come a long way since then. My Ranger had no problems. I only had it one year, but it was reliable during that time. The paint was uneven and cloudy under the clearcoat, the interior trim was starting to creak and become loose (tightened down some exposed screws).
Old 02-19-2005, 01:05 PM

Received 195 Likes on 99 Posts

My wife's '02 Mustang bought three months before my S2000 was parked at 5,000 miles and after 13 months of fight and lawsuit was bought back. Fortunately we can afford to park a brand newcar and buy the wife a Porsche while waiting Ford out. Yes, dealerships can suck but FMC sucked for me just like Honda has sucked for several on this board. The '03 GT is a hell of a muscle car and as long as they are covering and fixing the problem what is there to bitch about? I have my reasons for not owning a Ford but I can't fault them on this.

Mark
Old 02-19-2005, 01:07 PM
ttb

people, we're talking about averages...of course there will be some that have bad experiences with honda, and some who have bad experiences with ford, but on average more people will have problems with ford than with honda.
Old 02-19-2005, 02:17 PM

Why the hell do you dumbshits start up an argument every couple weeks about American cars sucking and Honda being top dog? I personally have a soft spot for Hondas, too, but these conversations are simply retarded.

If you don't like Ford, don't ing buy Ford and stop whining about how Ford sucks.
Old 02-19-2005, 02:33 PM

Originally Posted by dcak' date='Feb 19 2005, 05:17 PM
Why the hell do you dumbshits start up an argument every couple weeks about American cars sucking and Honda being top dog? I personally have a soft spot for Hondas, too, but these conversations are simply retarded.

If you don't like Ford, don't ing buy Ford and stop whining about how Ford sucks.
and still you read them

aren't message boards great?
Old 02-19-2005, 05:01 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by dcak' date='Feb 19 2005, 05:17 PM

because they are insecure. They feel some need to justify their purchase, and it is very common for children to try to make themselves feel better by tearing down others.
Old 02-19-2005, 05:33 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

[quote name='no_really' date='Feb 19 2005, 06:01 PM'] because they are insecure.
Old 02-19-2005, 05:40 PM
ttb

nothing about insecurity or justification for my purchase.

as an auto enthusiast i can't sit by and let people say how reliable and great quality Fords are when every measure says otherwise. you might be willing to overlook this because you like Fords for whatever reason, that's fine, but don't ignore facts.

and i can't sit by and let you make idiotic statements that the greatness of a car company is measured by having a V8 or making police cars.
Old 02-19-2005, 05:55 PM
Banned

facts like Honda sells less than any of the three American auto makers? Facts like the three American auto makers produce vehicles that completely embarass Honda products in any automotive venue? Facts like the fact that overwhelming numbers of people continue to choose domestics over Hondas year after year after year? Sure, the overwhelming numbers of domestic buyers are all ignorant, and only Honda buyers are truly intelligent people :/ Please. You won't find me on a Civic site, or an Accord site, or an Acura site, but the fact that I frequent an S2000 site says I find something worthwhile about the car, and the people who post here. You can live in your own little world of Honda supremacy, but don't be surprised when people with actual experience in the real world point and laugh at you. That's what happens when you go out in public wih blinders on.

Quick Reply: 2003 cobra, why did they recall them?