Car and Bike Talk Discussions and comparisons of cars and motorcycles of all makes and models.

2002-2003 C5 Z06

Old 05-14-2013, 06:06 AM

Received 23 Likes on 20 Posts

They are definitely quicker, however the cobalt steering wheel on those vettes make me leery. (joke joke) not really.
Old 05-14-2013, 06:24 AM

Received 416 Likes on 239 Posts

Originally Posted by TougeS2k
bump/update:

The black/black 02 z06 was a big bust. the guy didnt tell me a lot of negatives about the car ie racing harnessed installed, go pro cameram mount and the fact that he ONLY had racing slicks for the car. Also the overall exterior condition was terrible, all pictures he sent me must have been in the shade or with a bad bad camera, car was not what it appeared to be. I bailed on it, spent the rest of the week with family so that was all good.

Tomorrow im driving to central oregon to get a yellow 2003 z06 inspected and have a look at it. I plan on purchasing the car if all checks out. The car has 29,000 miles. only concerns: car is from the south (although it seems many many vettes begin or end up in the south, they're made in kuntucky for heaven sake)It left the south BEFORE Katrina. It is also yellow..... so far everyone i've showed seems to like this particular yellow. If the car doesnt need tires, oil or any conditioning ive agreed to pay $23.5k, however it sounds like itll need tires so my goal is $22.5k.

If anyone need a very good condition 2000 s2k with 49k miles send me a PM im asking only $14,500. No Accidents,, well cared for!
That 02 did sound rather sinister though.
Old 05-14-2013, 10:49 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

in a nutshell < feels like a powered-up and sloppy s2000>.

anyone catch the nutshell just then?? .. i digress
Old 05-15-2013, 07:11 AM

Originally Posted by teamvalorracing

Just drove home a 2003 z06 50th anniversary ofcourse.... I would say sloppy is a bad discription, it has loser tolerances than a Honda sports car, the grip, handeling and obviously power is far from sloppy. I absolutely love it. It drives the more like an s2k than any other car ive driven. 23mpg on the drive home (few 120mph runs)
Old 05-15-2013, 07:37 AM

Received 81 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by teamvalorracing' timestamp='1368557353' post='22541970

Just drove home a 2003 z06 50th anniversary ofcourse.... I would say sloppy is a bad discription, it has loser tolerances than a Honda sports car, the grip, handeling and obviously power is far from sloppy. I absolutely love it. It drives the more like an s2k than any other car ive driven. 23mpg on the drive home (few 120mph runs)
Congrats! I've been a fan of the C5Z since I first drove one back in 2001. Enjoy in good health.
Old 05-15-2013, 09:16 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Congrats! Are you going to be keeping the S2000 as well? I would love to hear a review of the car once you have had some seat time in it.
Old 05-16-2013, 02:50 AM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Congrats on the C5Z! It's a sick machine! I opted for an 08 with the LS3, manual tranny (obviously) with the z51 package around this time last year; just liked the C6 exterior/interior combo more, and since I DD the Vette I was hoping for a smoother riding car after having a few Evos/STis.

Enjoy the car in good health, and hopefully you will come back with a more detailed review after spending more time with the car!

Does the car have any mods?
Old 05-16-2013, 05:08 AM

Received 416 Likes on 239 Posts

Originally Posted by teamvalorracing' timestamp='1368557353' post='22541970

Old 05-17-2013, 11:35 AM

thanks for all the positive comments. first of all HELL YA im gonna write a fat review, but first i gotta a) drive the car (its been sitting in the garage while i drive my s2k until sold) b) i get some satisfactory pictures and figure out how to post them (ive used photobucket here before). I'll tell you i really didnt believe there was a better car than an s2k (besides stupid priced cars maybe) but so far im in love, ive had 5 hours or so behind the wheel just from the drive home, but it inspires confidence like the s2k (until you mash on it and break traction). As far as mods, no, it is bone stock, MINT 2003 (50th anniversary) with 29,000 miles. As soon as i can get my car sold and pay off a few expenses like a set of brand new bridestone potenzas (eagle F1's in the rear are toast and they want $1000 for just rears) ill be doing an X pipe, exhaust, tint and probably leave it just like that. Its so damn fast already i cant imagine being able to reign in the car as a DD with closer to 500hp (cam/tune). Also my goal in two years is to re-sell this car and look for a c6z06 (if this one works out nice). Sometimes i just go look at the 295mm width rears, its worth every penny of extra cost, rubber, fuel and insurance, all of which were not that bad of increases. the c5z06 is kind of a no brainer if you do the math and weigh the pros/cons (if you can find one )
Old 05-17-2013, 03:37 PM

thanks for all the positive comments. first of all HELL YA im gonna write a fat review, but first i gotta a) drive the car (its been sitting in the garage while i drive my s2k until sold) b) i get some satisfactory pictures and figure out how to post them (ive used photobucket here before). I'll tell you i really didnt believe there was a better car than an s2k (besides stupid priced cars maybe) but so far im in love, ive had 5 hours or so behind the wheel just from the drive home, but it inspires confidence like the s2k (until you mash on it and break traction). As far as mods, no, it is bone stock, MINT 2003 (50th anniversary) with 29,000 miles. As soon as i can get my car sold and pay off a few expenses like a set of brand new bridestone potenzas (eagle F1's in the rear are toast and they want $1000 for just rears) ill be doing an X pipe, exhaust, tint and probably leave it just like that. Its so damn fast already i cant imagine being able to reign in the car as a DD with closer to 500hp (cam/tune). Also my goal in two years is to re-sell this car and look for a c6z06 (if this one works out nice). Sometimes i just go look at the 295mm width rears, its worth every penny of extra cost, rubber, fuel and insurance, all of which were not that bad of increases. the c5z06 is kind of a no brainer if you do the math and weigh the pros/cons (if you can find one )
I'd consider upgrading the seats for track work.

Quick Reply: 2002-2003 C5 Z06