Car and Bike Talk Discussions and comparisons of cars and motorcycles of all makes and models.

2002-2003 C5 Z06

Old 06-12-2013, 07:50 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by TougeS2k
AP1driver

I respect your opinion and I can tell your not just trolling. But I am glad GM skipped on well appointed interior in my c5 otherwise I would be unable to afford one. GM has found a niche with the Vette over the last 50+ years and that's with working class people who love cars but can't afford AMG/BMW/porsche/ etc. If not having alcantara wrapped door panels allowes my 25 year old low level management pay grade ass to blow the doors off of most cars are on the road I'm happy... if your looking g for interior AND sick speed there is a huge offering for you which I have stated above. NO ONE buys a Vette for interior amenadies and if they do they made a mistake.
I agree, it's just that interiors and fit and finish are a pet-peeve of mine that was created to some extent by reading too many C&D and MT reviews In all seriousness I like Corvettes for the outlandish power ability, like you stated, among other things. I've just never been able to come to terms with how Audi can squeeze a beautiful, timepiece-like interior out of a 30K TT but GM could never do so with 50k sports cars (look at the ZR1, for God's sake, at 100K+ it should be Ferrari-like inside, and it's barely above base), that's all. There are just too many other manufacturers designing nicer interiors in very inferior cars for GM not to "get it".
Old 06-12-2013, 08:13 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by AP1Driver
Originally Posted by TougeS2k' timestamp='1371094725' post='22605280
AP1driver

I respect your opinion and I can tell your not just trolling. But I am glad GM skipped on well appointed interior in my c5 otherwise I would be unable to afford one. GM has found a niche with the Vette over the last 50+ years and that's with working class people who love cars but can't afford AMG/BMW/porsche/ etc. If not having alcantara wrapped door panels allowes my 25 year old low level management pay grade ass to blow the doors off of most cars are on the road I'm happy... if your looking g for interior AND sick speed there is a huge offering for you which I have stated above. NO ONE buys a Vette for interior amenadies and if they do they made a mistake.
I agree, it's just that interiors and fit and finish are a pet-peeve of mine that was created to some extent by reading too many C&D and MT reviews In all seriousness I like Corvettes for the outlandish power ability, like you stated, among other things. I've just never been able to come to terms with how Audi can squeeze a beautiful, timepiece-like interior out of a 30K TT but GM could never do so with 50k sports cars (look at the ZR1, for God's sake, at 100K+ it should be Ferrari-like inside, and it's barely above base), that's all. There are just too many other manufacturers designing nicer interiors in very inferior cars for GM not to "get it".
Look at it the other way - how come Audi can't squeeze out Vette-comparable performance for less than $100K?

Until now, we haven't been able to have our cake and eat it too - the C7 may just change that, we'll know soon enough. I bought my Z06 to kick ass at the track, so fancy interior appointments would probably just weigh it down. Aside from the crappy seats, the interior has everything I need to get down to business and drive. The HUD is a nice bonus few competitors can match at any price.

Old 06-12-2013, 08:17 PM

^ good discussions
Old 06-12-2013, 08:19 PM

Originally Posted by Chris S
Originally Posted by AP1Driver' timestamp='1371095421' post='22605299
[quote name='TougeS2k' timestamp='1371094725' post='22605280']
AP1driver

Look at it the other way - how come Audi can't squeeze out Vette-comparable performance for less than $100K?

Until now, we haven't been able to have our cake and eat it too - the C7 may just change that, we'll know soon enough. I bought my Z06 to kick ass at the track, so fancy interior appointments would probably just weigh it down. Aside from the crappy seats, the interior has everything I need to get down to business and drive. The HUD is a nice bonus few competitors can match at any price.
[/quote]

They can: A 2012+ TT RS is around 60k and goes like hell, zero to 62 in 3.6s. And it only has 335hp. Doesn't mean I like Audi (overpriced, overestimated, still a VW at the core)- I don't.

I'll let this lay now, you guys have a good time at the track!
Old 06-12-2013, 08:21 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Japan, Germany, Austria (my KTM) and the good old US of A - a well-diversified garage!

Old 06-12-2013, 08:24 PM

Japan, Germany, Austria (my KTM) and the good old US of A - a well-diversified garage!

Nice stable.
Old 06-12-2013, 08:26 PM

Received 522 Likes on 400 Posts

Originally Posted by TheDonEffect' timestamp='1370972810' post='22601380
[quote name='AP1Driver' timestamp='1370933613' post='22600353']
^ I find these posts a bit hilarious.. It's like there's some forum disease afflicting this thread and now that one person bought a Vette' everyone is selling their S and buying one as well. Can't wait to see these people post about missing the S and wanting another, and how poorly built the C5 is other than the drivetrain. For God's sake the interior alone in a C5 would keep me from ever wanting to drive it with any passenger, imagining a friend saying "Damn, 50K car and looks no better inside than a Cavalier.. " (Corporate gauge faces, vents, radio, etc. shared with tons of other GM junk, horrible Cav/Camaro/Blazer dashboard layout, flimsy seats, hard plastic everwhere, the list goes on..) And then someone on here compares it to an S interior wise.. The S may not be as fast, but it IS built much better than any C5. I almost bought a C6 recently but couldn't stomach the acres of plastic inside it either, nor the view out over the hood. Drove awesome (convertible, 6MT).

But on subject, this thread truly made me wonder about how people think sometimes... Kinda makes me wanna study psychology..

Lol, cuz everyone honda forums aren't blindly biased right? Welcome to s2ki btw, if you were here longer, alot of the folks here nuthugging the vette have been long time fans of the vette. If you can't understand why a 400+hp rwd, relatively lightweight, reasonably affordable operating costs sportscar capable of taking down cars twice its price while being reliable and actually get better mileage than cars with half the engine is appealing, well I have no words for you.
So what would you want these folks to buy then? Hold onto their S forever? What would be acceptable to you? Lol.

"First thing I look for in a sportscar, especially one that I plan on tracking, is the interior."
I've owned plenty of sports cars, and I've changed the interior to fit my liking if it wasn't up to par. It's just like a house- if you're going to spend a lot of time in it, it should be well designed and easy to look at. I have nice furniture in my house, and I like to have nice furniture in my cars... Make sense? And about the 400hp rwd comment: I own a 490whp Kleemann-powered C55. It can do everything the Vette can (short of a tight track) and also has 2 rear doors and a better interior. Don't start with the BS about cars, I simply stated how SHITTY GM QUALITY is. I've owned a few GM cars in my short life and they've all been poorly assembled heaps of crap, and that's where my bias is...
[/quote]

Missed again, but ill take you up on your points. Your house analogy for instance, yeah I want a nice house, but I want an even better location. People pay 500K+ to live in a studio in san francisco in an old building, but wont pay 200k in stockton. Your merc is awesome, but how much did that run you? New for new, with all your mods, etc, and lets not forget about running costs. Audis do make the nicest interiors, but they dont offer z06 performance for anywhere near that price.
Remember, the vetts offer porsche performance, and sometimes more, for a lot less money, any reasonable person can figure out something had to be cut, and for most of us we're happy it wasn't real world durability. Quality in the sense of using more luxurious materials was foregone, but I'm also tired of people using things like creeks and panel gaps as a reason; sit in a ferrari f430 and tell me that thing was screwed together like an audi.
To clarify, i'm not saying the vette has a great interior, because it doesnt, it's just forgiven for everything else it delivers. I dont go to m3 folk and say ah it sucks because a porsche gt3 is better around a track right? cmon. If someone offered a car with the vettes performance at the vettes price, or really anywhere near it, with an audi level interior, let me know.
Old 06-12-2013, 08:34 PM

Originally Posted by Chris S' timestamp='1371096796' post='22605325
[quote name='AP1Driver' timestamp='1371095421' post='22605299']
[quote name='TougeS2k' timestamp='1371094725' post='22605280']
AP1driver

[/quote]

They can: A 2012+ TT RS is around 60k and goes like hell, zero to 62 in 3.6s. And it only has 335hp. Doesn't mean I like Audi (overpriced, overestimated, still a VW at the core)- I don't.

I'll let this lay now, you guys have a good time at the track!
[/quote]

That is a fair point, it does offer somewhat of the vettes performance with a nicer interior to boot, but the tt even in rs form doesnt offer the all around performance of the vette. I'm also a fan of the TT as well. But we'll see how the new c7 stacks up, it is only fair to compare since the TTRS is alot newer and the current vette is dated back to 2005.
Old 06-12-2013, 08:35 PM

Jealousy... turning into... hate, lol.
Old 06-12-2013, 08:37 PM

I've been in an F430, and the interior is fantastic . I agree with the performance analogy of the Vette, no questions. However, GM could match competitors on interior quality and it would only raise the bottom line on the Vette by maybe 1-2k at most, which I'm sure no one would care to spend. They could offer a track-rat with no amenities at lower cost for the ones who complain about the nicer interior..

Wait, I think I just mentioned the C7 Time will tell..

Quick Reply: 2002-2003 C5 Z06