Car and Bike Talk Discussions and comparisons of cars and motorcycles of all makes and models.

2002-2003 C5 Z06

Old 06-12-2013, 08:54 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by fusionchickenleg
To those of you considering lowering the Vette...my C6's front bumper's bottom is basically destroyed from the lovely streets here in southern California, and it's on stock height If you DD the Vette or even drive it on the streets for a good amount of time I'd suggest you think twice before doing it, unless you drive on relatively smooth roads.

For the LS6s I believe they are quite similar to the LS2 when it comes to bolt-on power; stock 350whp, headers/intake/tune 380whp, add cam 420whp IIRC (cam vary a lot and so does the gain). Rough figures, your dyno may vary, just pay attention to the delta.

I watched Vette vids for years before I even got my C6. Nowadays my daily debate is to either mod my LS3 or just sell it and get into a C6Z Waiting for the C7s to hit the market for a few months so I can see how used C6Zs' pricing is affected, if at all. One of my dream cars is a H/C z06, just nasty to have almost 600whp N/A.
My end goal is a c6z too dont talk about it so there will be plenty left in 3-5 years for me. hand built 7.0 liter LS? yes please! 3.5 0-60 on a fun RWD platform? reliable? handles like hell? 3400lb? shiiiiii.
Old 06-12-2013, 09:18 AM

29k miles, paid $23,000
Old 06-12-2013, 12:13 PM

Received 111 Likes on 87 Posts

WOW that is incredible! Practically a new car still. No catch at that price? Nothing wrong with it?
Old 06-12-2013, 01:59 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yes, that is a great price. I have the same mileage, but paid $1500 more...supposedly yellow doesn't do as well in resale value.

Here's mine, just bought it about an hour ago.

Old 06-12-2013, 02:10 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 38 Likes on 30 Posts

Looks sexy!! Yeah I've seen the best deals on the yellow z06's by far!
Old 06-12-2013, 02:10 PM

Rwheelz-

Runs like a champ, not even god damn rock chip! Just keep an eye out, they are lurking around just like s2000s. A lot of folks have to travel and i actually flew to San Jose to see one, but it was a POS. got lucky on autotrader, the site didn't let you specify z06 or base so i had to scroll through a lot of adds, probably why this one didnt sell as fast. Middle age guy renevating his home (for his wife) has the z for 8 years, put 2,000 miles on it!
Old 06-12-2013, 03:31 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 38 Likes on 30 Posts

I'm really being tempted now lol. Customer called up to order a shift knob for his c5 Z06 lol. Said how he used to have an S2000 as well.
Old 06-12-2013, 06:46 PM

Originally Posted by TheDonEffect
Originally Posted by AP1Driver' timestamp='1370933613' post='22600353
^ I find these posts a bit hilarious.. It's like there's some forum disease afflicting this thread and now that one person bought a Vette' everyone is selling their S and buying one as well. Can't wait to see these people post about missing the S and wanting another, and how poorly built the C5 is other than the drivetrain. For God's sake the interior alone in a C5 would keep me from ever wanting to drive it with any passenger, imagining a friend saying "Damn, 50K car and looks no better inside than a Cavalier.. " (Corporate gauge faces, vents, radio, etc. shared with tons of other GM junk, horrible Cav/Camaro/Blazer dashboard layout, flimsy seats, hard plastic everwhere, the list goes on..) And then someone on here compares it to an S interior wise.. The S may not be as fast, but it IS built much better than any C5. I almost bought a C6 recently but couldn't stomach the acres of plastic inside it either, nor the view out over the hood. Drove awesome (convertible, 6MT).

But on subject, this thread truly made me wonder about how people think sometimes... Kinda makes me wanna study psychology..

Lol, cuz everyone honda forums aren't blindly biased right? Welcome to s2ki btw, if you were here longer, alot of the folks here nuthugging the vette have been long time fans of the vette. If you can't understand why a 400+hp rwd, relatively lightweight, reasonably affordable operating costs sportscar capable of taking down cars twice its price while being reliable and actually get better mileage than cars with half the engine is appealing, well I have no words for you.
So what would you want these folks to buy then? Hold onto their S forever? What would be acceptable to you? Lol.

"First thing I look for in a sportscar, especially one that I plan on tracking, is the interior."
I've owned plenty of sports cars, and I've changed the interior to fit my liking if it wasn't up to par. It's just like a house- if you're going to spend a lot of time in it, it should be well designed and easy to look at. I have nice furniture in my house, and I like to have nice furniture in my cars... Make sense? And about the 400hp rwd comment: I own a 490whp Kleemann-powered C55. It can do everything the Vette can (short of a tight track) and also has 2 rear doors and a better interior. Don't start with the BS about cars, I simply stated how SHITTY GM QUALITY is. I've owned a few GM cars in my short life and they've all been poorly assembled heaps of crap, and that's where my bias is...
Old 06-12-2013, 06:56 PM

I don't deny the performance potential of Corvettes. You get a huge bang for the buck because that's all you get is "bang": Fast, handles well, looks good on the outside. That's where you spent your money and don't get anything worthy of the price past the skin, hence the low price tag (relatively). They're catching up though, as the C7 looks good everywhere except the rear, where the tail lamps scream cheap.. I'll buy one if they ever get everything "right", like Dodge finally did with the Viper. Flame away, facts be facts..
Old 06-12-2013, 07:38 PM

AP1driver

I respect your opinion and I can tell your not just trolling. But I am glad GM skipped on well appointed interior in my c5 otherwise I would be unable to afford one. GM has found a niche with the Vette over the last 50+ years and that's with working class people who love cars but can't afford AMG/BMW/porsche/ etc. If not having alcantara wrapped door panels allowes my 25 year old low level management pay grade ass to blow the doors off of most cars are on the road I'm happy... if your looking g for interior AND sick speed there is a huge offering for you which I have stated above. NO ONE buys a Vette for interior amenadies and if they do they made a mistake.

Quick Reply: 2002-2003 C5 Z06