Car and Bike Talk Discussions and comparisons of cars and motorcycles of all makes and models.

2002-2003 C5 Z06

Old 06-11-2013, 07:22 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Congrats! I love the EB color, that would been my 1st choice as well. I've had my AP1 for nearly 10 years and I have a C6 LS3 vette. But... there's just something about the C5 z06 that is still drawing me to eventually own one.
Old 06-11-2013, 08:30 AM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

nice pickup! how much did you pay if you dont mind me (us) asking.
Old 06-11-2013, 09:30 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by AP1Driver
^ I find these posts a bit hilarious.. It's like there's some forum disease afflicting this thread and now that one person bought a Vette' everyone is selling their S and buying one as well. Can't wait to see these people post about missing the S and wanting another, and how poorly built the C5 is other than the drivetrain. For God's sake the interior alone in a C5 would keep me from ever wanting to drive it with any passenger, imagining a friend saying "Damn, 50K car and looks no better inside than a Cavalier.. " (Corporate gauge faces, vents, radio, etc. shared with tons of other GM junk, horrible Cav/Camaro/Blazer dashboard layout, flimsy seats, hard plastic everwhere, the list goes on..) And then someone on here compares it to an S interior wise.. The S may not be as fast, but it IS built much better than any C5. I almost bought a C6 recently but couldn't stomach the acres of plastic inside it either, nor the view out over the hood. Drove awesome (convertible, 6MT).

But on subject, this thread truly made me wonder about how people think sometimes... Kinda makes me wanna study psychology..
you sir are not a true car guy... you act like the s2k interior is made at Astin Martin, give me break. If you disregard a monster of a vehicle over its shoddy interior than your an interior designer not a car guy.
Old 06-11-2013, 09:33 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by suprmonky73
Thanks! It was advertised @ $27K, I negotiated it down to $24.5K w/ a full tank of gas and 6 extra quarts of Mobil 1.
Old 06-11-2013, 09:46 AM

Received 522 Likes on 400 Posts

Originally Posted by AP1Driver
^ I find these posts a bit hilarious.. It's like there's some forum disease afflicting this thread and now that one person bought a Vette' everyone is selling their S and buying one as well. Can't wait to see these people post about missing the S and wanting another, and how poorly built the C5 is other than the drivetrain. For God's sake the interior alone in a C5 would keep me from ever wanting to drive it with any passenger, imagining a friend saying "Damn, 50K car and looks no better inside than a Cavalier.. " (Corporate gauge faces, vents, radio, etc. shared with tons of other GM junk, horrible Cav/Camaro/Blazer dashboard layout, flimsy seats, hard plastic everwhere, the list goes on..) And then someone on here compares it to an S interior wise.. The S may not be as fast, but it IS built much better than any C5. I almost bought a C6 recently but couldn't stomach the acres of plastic inside it either, nor the view out over the hood. Drove awesome (convertible, 6MT).

But on subject, this thread truly made me wonder about how people think sometimes... Kinda makes me wanna study psychology..

Lol, cuz everyone honda forums aren't blindly biased right? Welcome to s2ki btw, if you were here longer, alot of the folks here nuthugging the vette have been long time fans of the vette. If you can't understand why a 400+hp rwd, relatively lightweight, reasonably affordable operating costs sportscar capable of taking down cars twice its price while being reliable and actually get better mileage than cars with half the engine is appealing, well I have no words for you.
So what would you want these folks to buy then? Hold onto their S forever? What would be acceptable to you? Lol.

"First thing I look for in a sportscar, especially one that I plan on tracking, is the interior."
Old 06-11-2013, 09:48 AM

Received 522 Likes on 400 Posts

Originally Posted by Chris S
Originally Posted by suprmonky73' timestamp='1370968245' post='22601191
Thanks! It was advertised @ $27K, I negotiated it down to $24.5K w/ a full tank of gas and 6 extra quarts of Mobil 1.
Nice deal man, seems like the going rate for a solid Z06 lately has been <25K. I absolutely love your color combo, I can't believe you found it so quickly.
Old 06-11-2013, 10:12 AM

Originally Posted by TheDonEffect
Originally Posted by Chris S' timestamp='1370972027' post='22601355
[quote name='suprmonky73' timestamp='1370968245' post='22601191']
Nice deal man, seems like the going rate for a solid Z06 lately has been <25K. I absolutely love your color combo, I can't believe you found it so quickly.
[/quote]

Thanks! Prices are all over the place, starting in the high teens for high mile/beaten on ones to well over 30K for ones that have very few miles and are in original condition. I'm really happy w/ both the car and the deal compared to most of the other ones available, at least locally.
Old 06-11-2013, 10:57 AM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

That's definitely a solid deal. I see a lot asking ~28 +/- 2k and wondered how much dealers were willing to negotiate. I know every dealer is different but good to know someone got a legit and solid deal on a low (30k is low to me) mileage 10 year old car.
Old 06-11-2013, 11:48 AM

The 2 dealers (Corvette Warehouse and another independent high-end used car dealer) I visited Saturday in the Dallas area practiced CarMax-style pricing - no negotiation, they'll drop the price when they feel the need to do so.
Old 06-11-2013, 01:48 PM

Received 81 Likes on 31 Posts

Chris, how would the C5Z stack up against your M3 on the track? Are they pretty close in straight line speed? I'd guess the Corvette's major advantages would be weight and tire contact patch.

Quick Reply: 2002-2003 C5 Z06