Car and Bike Talk Discussions and comparisons of cars and motorcycles of all makes and models.

2002-2003 C5 Z06

Old 06-10-2013, 07:30 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 38 Likes on 30 Posts

Nice! Are you getting it mostly for track or street? If street how was the interior for you? That's one of my biggest issues with the c5 still. The interior and the outdated look over all.

From researching it does seem like they might be more fun though. Ill have to test drive c5 z06 as well as an ls3 c6. I'm sure I'd mod it up can get an idea. No idea what suspensions options are out there for c6 vettes yet.
Old 06-10-2013, 09:45 PM

Received 522 Likes on 400 Posts

Daaang chris just like that huh? Congrats! Question, why not just keep the s i mean you could dump 15k into it and itll be faster and just as reliable?
Old 06-10-2013, 10:24 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Moddiction
Nice! Are you getting it mostly for track or street? If street how was the interior for you? That's one of my biggest issues with the c5 still. The interior and the outdated look over all.

From researching it does seem like they might be more fun though. Ill have to test drive c5 z06 as well as an ls3 c6. I'm sure I'd mod it up can get an idea. No idea what suspensions options are out there for c6 vettes yet.
Mostly for track, but the fact that it's a lot more comfortable on the street means I'll probably drive it more there as well. The interior is what it is - I can live w/ it, but I'm not going to rave about it. Still, getting near GT3 performance for a fraction of the price helps me overlook that.!

I LOVE the exterior styling, my head still turns everytime I see one.

For a nice fun street car, I'd have picked the Z51. It was ~$9K more, but had a nicer interior and removable roof. The Z06 felt racier, though, and got my heart rate up in a way the Z51 didn't. Ironically, it seems to get a few more mpg than the Z51 as an added bonus. Both were very comfortable.
Old 06-10-2013, 10:53 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

^ I find these posts a bit hilarious.. It's like there's some forum disease afflicting this thread and now that one person bought a Vette' everyone is selling their S and buying one as well. Can't wait to see these people post about missing the S and wanting another, and how poorly built the C5 is other than the drivetrain. For God's sake the interior alone in a C5 would keep me from ever wanting to drive it with any passenger, imagining a friend saying "Damn, 50K car and looks no better inside than a Cavalier.. " (Corporate gauge faces, vents, radio, etc. shared with tons of other GM junk, horrible Cav/Camaro/Blazer dashboard layout, flimsy seats, hard plastic everwhere, the list goes on..) And then someone on here compares it to an S interior wise.. The S may not be as fast, but it IS built much better than any C5. I almost bought a C6 recently but couldn't stomach the acres of plastic inside it either, nor the view out over the hood. Drove awesome (convertible, 6MT).

But on subject, this thread truly made me wonder about how people think sometimes... Kinda makes me wanna study psychology..
Old 06-10-2013, 11:04 PM

Originally Posted by TheDonEffect
Daaang chris just like that huh? Congrats! Question, why not just keep the s i mean you could dump 15k into it and itll be faster and just as reliable?
The only thing left to do to my S2000 to make it significantly faster is forced induction, and that wouldn't be as reliable. Plus there's just something about the exhaust sound and torque of the LS6 that got to me.

Originally Posted by AP1Driver
^ I find these posts a bit hilarious.. It's like there's some forum disease afflicting this thread and now that one person bought a Vette' everyone is selling their S and buying one as well. Can't wait to see these people post about missing the S and wanting another, and how poorly built the C5 is other than the drivetrain. For God's sake the interior alone in a C5 would keep me from ever wanting to drive it with any passenger, imagining a friend saying "Damn, 50K car and looks no better inside than a Cavalier.. " (Corporate gauge faces, vents, radio, etc. shared with tons of other GM junk, horrible Cav/Camaro/Blazer dashboard layout, flimsy seats, hard plastic everwhere, the list goes on..) And then someone on here compares it to an S interior wise.. The S may not be as fast, but it IS built much better than any C5. I almost bought a C6 recently but couldn't stomach the acres of plastic inside it either, nor the view out over the hood. Drove awesome (convertible, 6MT).

But on subject, this thread truly made me wonder about how people think sometimes... Kinda makes me wanna study psychology..
I'm buying it primarily for a track car, judging it more for the fun factor than interior quality. Yeah, I know the interior leaves a lot to be desired, but I drive my E90 M3 anytime I want to enjoy a nice interior. Instead of bitching about the interior, I'm blown away at the prospect of getting GT3-level performance at a small fraction of the price. Your glass is half-empty, mine is half-full!

Old 06-10-2013, 11:44 PM

Here are a few pics from the ad. Flame away if you want, I love it!

Old 06-11-2013, 03:57 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 38 Likes on 30 Posts

Love that color! Looking good!
Old 06-11-2013, 03:58 AM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

^drooling
Old 06-11-2013, 06:41 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Like the car, like the blue, but I'm not so hot on the red leather. Still I bet it's a hoot at a track day.
Old 06-11-2013, 07:01 AM

Received 234 Likes on 165 Posts

Great looking car, Chris. Congrats! I know the power is there, as is the handling, but I'm betting you sell it within 12 months.

Quick Reply: 2002-2003 C5 Z06