Car and Bike Talk Discussions and comparisons of cars and motorcycles of all makes and models.

20 Most Expensive Cars to Insure: 2009

Old 06-06-2009, 06:59 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm gonna guess the lack of driving education for owner's of a car that is tempting to drive fast. A good way to help the cause is increase awareness of driver's education.
Old 06-06-2009, 07:08 AM

Im surprised the ISF is on that list. When I priced out insurance for one it was actually going to be cheaper than my IS350!..which is also way cheaper than my S2k was...
Old 06-06-2009, 07:10 AM
Diz

I pay 842 per yr for full cvg on my S, but my insurance also includes 2 other cars and our house... i'm also 28 and married with no tickets or accidents..
Old 06-06-2009, 07:20 AM

The descriptions are great! Hahaha, good post!

Originally Posted by Diz,Jun 6 2009, 10:10 AM
I pay 842 per yr for full cvg on my S, but my insurance also includes 2 other cars and our house... i'm also 28 and married with no tickets or accidents..
Same here (on every detail, spooky...er, OK, well I'm not 28 )!
Old 06-06-2009, 07:23 AM

Lol, the stereotypes are pretty funny.

Honda S2000
Driver Stereotype: Track day / autocross rat or mid-life crisis'er
We've heard multiple claims of VtEc Yo! drove the price up on these nimble little guys especially when driven under anger at the track.

Nissan GT-R
Driver Stereotype: Gran Turismo-playing, web 2.0, dot com'er
Massive damage and the loss of hundreds of GT-Rs have occurred when owners realized they could not in fact ride the walls around turns, drive through other cars or reset the game.

Ford Shelby GT500
Driver Stereotype: Redneck with lottery money
Rednecks + High Power = Carnage. 'Nuff said.

BMW M3
Driver Stereotype: Typically a prick with an ego
Excess amounts of hair gel, collar popping, orange skin and overly bright white teeth have caused many severe accidents due to the dry heaving by oncoming drivers and the subsequent loss of their bodily functions and vehicular control.

Dodge Viper SRT-10
Driver Stereotype: Compensation for the little things in life
When the women that get picked up in Vipers realize the owners "shortcomings" they've been known to swiftly and violently act out their revenge, usually with buckets of paint to the interior and a bouquet of keys to the exterior.

Cadillac Escalade EXT
Driver Stereotype: Rap super star / drug-running thugs
The desire to have an Escalade in hip-hop and rap videos has caused an unjust amount of claims due to shitty music permanently affixed to the interiors, resulting in a total loss.

Land Rove Range Rover
Driver Stereotype: Bug eye sunglasses-wearing trophy wife
Too many nose and breast enhancements have resulted in over swelling of the chest and face, blocking access to cell phones and ultimately causing a record number of single vehicle accidents in the Range Rover.
Old 06-06-2009, 10:02 AM
Former Moderator

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

The jalopnik list is in reverse order. So while the S2000 looks like "3rd..." if you click on it and look at the prices it's 18th, similar to JonBoy's thread.

It's really due to new drivers buying used S2000s and crashing them into ditches.

I have an AP1 and just bought a new CR. The AP1 insurance is literally three times the cost of the CR. Same drivers, same coverage, etc.
Old 06-06-2009, 10:10 AM

Porsche 911 -

"Jalopnik Insurance Cost Analysis: Insurance fraud is exceedingly becoming more and more prevalent since it's the only way owners will be able to afford the next iteration of the 911 that Porsche seems to release on a bi-annual basis."

LMAO
Old 06-06-2009, 10:22 AM

Received 118 Likes on 68 Posts

really? you gusy think there are tons of wrecked s2000s littering the roadways? That seems like a bit of a stretch. I would guess it is more likely due to people stealing the s2000 seats.

Hell, teenagers have been able to afford mustangs and camaros since the dawn of time and they aren't on that list. Surely we can all agree those two are easier to get loose in.
Old 06-06-2009, 11:39 AM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Those descriptions are hilarious
Old 06-06-2009, 01:51 PM
Former Moderator

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Mr.E.G.,Jun 6 2009, 10:22 AM
really? you gusy think there are tons of wrecked s2000s littering the roadways? That seems like a bit of a stretch. I would guess it is more likely due to people stealing the s2000 seats.

Hell, teenagers have been able to afford mustangs and camaros since the dawn of time and they aren't on that list. Surely we can all agree those two are easier to get loose in.
Have you seen the "wrecked S2000" thread?

Stolen seats should affect new S2000s the same as older S2000s, right? It's not like a thief would "target" older vehicles to steal similar seats.

Keep in mind that my AP1 insurance was 3x that of the CR. Both have hardtops and are parked in the same location. I have a hard time believing that's due to seats.

Quick Reply: 20 Most Expensive Cars to Insure: 2009