Car and Bike Talk Discussions and comparisons of cars and motorcycles of all makes and models.

1997-2001 Prelude, 3rd Gen Integra, or 99-00 Si

Old 06-27-2009, 11:21 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

-> Hmm, tough choices! Although I haven't driven any of these great cars of the late '90s (I consider this gen the best of Honda's FWD). Here are my 1st impression rating/ranking of these two cars:

1. Honda/Acura Integra [DC2] Type-R = Even though I'm not a huge fan of DC2 body style (wheather if its JDM or USDM/Euro style), they command a whole a lot of whoop-ass! I bet this car is exceptional for the money, best combination of price and total performance. Plus its a hatch/fastback, perfect for hauling spare tires to the track.

2. Honda Prelude [BB6] Type-SH = On the other end of the spectrum lies the 'Lude. It has a combination of sport and luxury as in the Type-R for performance. It is the most attractive car in the bunch, plus a good DD alternative to our S2Ks; mild manered but in a way not boring. My only diss to this car is just its a coupe, my excuse for a trunk/boot is a roadster (S2K).

3. Honda/Acura Integra [DC2] SiR/GSR = For people who thinks that the Type-R is a bit (pick any of these) expensive, harsh, extreme, loud, rare, pointless, etc. Then the GSR/SiR is a definite alternative to the Type-R. Just like the 'Lude SH, it delivers all of the goodies, non of the inconvienience.

4. Honda Prelude [BB6] = Almost the same looks as the SH without the price hike and/or performance. A wise alternative for those people who doesn't want to be in a sterilized Accord EX V6 coupe.

5. Honda Civic [EM1/EK4] Si(USDM/SiR(CAN)/SiR(JDM/ASDM) = Whether if its a coupe (US {Si}/Canada{SiR}), hatch (JDM {SiR}), or sedan (Asian {SiR}/JDM {Ferio Si}), these cars deliver their performance buck to the max. Despite its confusing configurations in different parts of the world these cars deliver. Too bad, none of these cars featured ABS; but strangely the Del Sol VTEC which had the same engine had one! Odd really. And the only time I saw an SiR hatch was at the Best MOTORing, most of the Si/SiR I saw was either the coupe (US) or the sedan (Philippines); so that deffered my decision (I just don't like trunks/boot).

Honarable Mentions

- Honda Civic [EK9] Type-R = Its just to bad that very few of these Civics escaped JDM-land.

- Honda (Civic/CR-X) Del Sol [EG2] VTEC = Rarely gets the love; but how come the Del Sol had ABS and not on the newer Civic Si/SiR? I just don't get it at all!!!

^ As what I said earlier, I think that the late '90s is the best generation for Honda FWD; heck I also drive a '98 Odyssey LX for crying out loud!

Old 06-27-2009, 02:37 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

stat guru here