Car and Bike Talk Discussions and comparisons of cars and motorcycles of all makes and models.

19 year old kid gets EVO MR...

Old 11-17-2004, 09:29 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

All you little kids, shut up! I think all of you kids should be sent to boot camps for some disciplines.
Old 11-18-2004, 06:23 PM

actaully i was sent to boot camp for the 1st semester of my freshman year. so i've been there and mav your 30 u pay for it with your money gj man im proud of you. im 1/2 your age able to make 1/2 the money now in what sense do i not "deserve" it? becuase i only had 1 car before my high performance one? because im not old enuff? explain that one
Old 11-18-2004, 06:34 PM

You know it's funny. I'd feel 100x more comfortable driving next to a 17 old in an evo then someone 65+ in their town cars / crown vics.
Old 11-18-2004, 09:34 PM

im 1/2 your age able to make 1/2 the money now in what sense do i not "deserve" it? becuase i only had 1 car before my high performance one? because im not old enuff? explain that one
- Because you did not earn/pay for it, silly. You paid or a car less than half the cost of the one you actually have.

You know it's funny. I'd feel 100x more comfortable driving next to a 17 old in an evo then someone 65+ in their town cars / crown vics.
- :S What? Than.. = then?
Old 11-19-2004, 10:38 AM

Originally Posted by dp32185,Nov 16 2004, 11:39 PM
best of all...i've been getting paid since about 17-18...wanna know how much? less than $3 punk now stop crying/whining...i dare you to come up w/something worse than my past 5 years of hell.
boo-hoo

Some kids don't even LIVE to be your age. Remember, there is always someone who has it better than you, just as there is also someone who has it worse. The idea is to appreciate what you have.
Old 11-19-2004, 11:19 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What's so wrong with dads helping out or giving you something nice? I'm a member of the lucky sperm club. Just be sure to provide the best of care for your parents when they need your help!
Old 11-19-2004, 11:26 AM

People who aren't finished growing up yet are likely to get warped perspectives on several character-moral related aspects of their personality when spoiled.

Also you can't apply 'nice' to cars. Cars aren't some scale that goes from 'not nice' to 'nice'. The context we are mainly thinking about is racy sports cars.. what kind of teen needs that or even has any proper use of it? Very few teens actually use their cars for racing. Unless they are street racing, which is not a valid reason.
Old 11-19-2004, 11:33 AM
kvn

Originally Posted by wantone,Nov 19 2004, 12:19 PM
What's so wrong with dads helping out or giving you something nice? I'm a member of the lucky sperm club. Just be sure to provide the best of care for your parents when they need your help!

all you need is to care for it and be responsible for everything.... when your a dad, wouldnt you want to give the best everything that you can give to your child??
Old 11-19-2004, 11:38 AM

Originally Posted by kvn,Nov 19 2004, 09:33 PM

all you need is to care for it and be responsible for everything.... when your a dad, wouldnt you want to give the best everything that you can give to your child??
Give the best what? Being a good parent isn't about giving into your child's every desire. This reminds me of the parents who buy their kids useless junk they don't need (like sports cars), and then when the kid crashes it (if it happens) they buy them another one.

To pamper your kids by spoiling them and giving them what they want is poor parenting. It can produce results such as this (quoted from one of my psychology books):

"Narcissistic, demanding, undisciplined. Wants attention, may be charming, talkative & over-confident as long as things go his/her way, then irritable & blames others when things go wrong. Resents rules, even reasonable ones. Seldom initiates any effort or works hard or cooperates. Feels superior, disregards or exploits others. "
Old 11-19-2004, 12:16 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

^ What's wrong with that

Quick Reply: 19 year old kid gets EVO MR...